What's new

Pakistan's Special mission aircrafts Information Pool

Hi looks like PAF got to of them if its appropriate to reveal
Thank you
Three of them. Mir, Iqbal and Lodhi.

upload_2020-5-15_18-24-31.png

In my personal opinion, PAF EW strategy should be threefold and prioritized on short, medium and long terms for an optimal utilization of the available monies and without compromising on the operational readiness of our forces.

Short Term Strategy:
Firstly, we need point EW assets (akin to EA-18G Growler) to
  • create point EW coverage for localized air superiority
  • provide point cover to our attack formations
A JF-17B optimized for EW role would be the way to go for this path.

Medium Term Strategy:
Secondly, we need dedicated long range standalone EW assets to replace the ageing D-20s. Going this way we could rightly look at Havasoj. 3-4 platforms of this nature would be enough.

Adding to this, in case there is a possibility of the turkish contractors being able to integrate the subsystems of Havasoj on a Saab-2000 or ATR 72 platforms, we would be able to commonize the platforms which we already operate in PAF and PN and save long term support and training costs.

Hence, we would ultimately be having EW assets from two different sources i.e China and Turkey/Italy which would be analogous to our AEW&C route and we can ultimately increase the investment on any one path as per our developing needs and the respective performances of the platforms.

Long Term Strategy/FUTURE:
Additionally, we should be working with our partners to explore the possibility of an EW variant of our local drones (under Project AZM MALE UAV program). Such platforms should be able to communicate with our 5th gen assets under the AZM program.

This way we could look for turkish solutions to be integrated on our MALE UAVs and would be akin to how our navy is proceeding with the up gradation of our Agosta 90B submarines from the Turkish contractors i.e. we provide them our asset/drone and they integrate their systems on our platform.

Last but not the least, developing our local EW solutions either under a separate arm of the Project AZM or as an offshoot of the existing PAF Avionics projects should be our ultimate aim.

Last edited:
Ok look I wanted to post this photo somewhere and I decided to post it here because this is a thing of beauty, like a Black shining rattle snake. I came across it on another forum - IOMAX Archangel attack plane.
If Pakistan had it, it would be been such a wonderful site.

XKU5MITONZGGVJLZRNKY3BX7FQ.jpg

img.jpg

Issue with COIN aircraft is that they are sitting ducks for MANPAD's

In my personal opinion, PAF EW strategy should be threefold and prioritized on short, medium and long terms for an optimal utilization of the available monies and without compromising on the operational readiness of our forces.

Short Term Strategy:
Firstly, we need point EW assets (akin to EA-18G Growler) to
  • create point EW coverage for localized air superiority
  • provide point cover to our attack formations
A JF-17B optimized for EW role would be the way to go for this path.

Medium Term Strategy:
Secondly, we need dedicated long range standalone EW assets to replace the ageing D-20s. Going this way we could rightly look at Havasoj. 3-4 platforms of this nature would be enough.

Adding to this, in case there is a possibility of the turkish contractors being able to integrate the subsystems of Havasoj on a Saab-2000 or ATR 72 platforms, we would be able to commonize the platforms which we already operate in PAF and PN and save long term support and training costs.

Hence, we would ultimately be having EW assets from two different sources i.e China and Turkey/Italy which would be analogous to our AEW&C route and we can ultimately increase the investment on any one path as per our developing needs and the respective performances of the platforms.

Long Term Strategy/FUTURE:
Additionally, we should be working with our partners to explore the possibility of an EW variant of our local drones (under Project AZM MALE UAV program). Such platforms should be able to communicate with our 5th gen assets under the AZM program.

This way we could look for turkish solutions to be integrated on our MALE UAVs and would be akin to how our navy is proceeding with the up gradation of our Agosta 90B submarines from the Turkish contractors i.e. we provide them our asset/drone and they integrate their systems on our platform.

Last but not the least, developing our local EW solutions either under a separate arm of the Project AZM or as an offshoot of the existing PAF Avionics projects should be our ultimate aim.

To be fair, the D-20's had an extensive overhaul and upgrade not too long ago.

Guess what? (seems like screen grab from Sherdil Movie).
109947696_3054575834649690_156366204474599690_o.jpg
Flt. Lt. Fatima is wearing a Burraq UAV patch, but in the music video, she's an AEW&C controller. It's possible she is an operator on both, but I guess her actual job might be controlling UAVs -- and that her role in the AEW&C is more of a stand-in for promotional purposes?

Pakistan has taken delivery of two Beechcraft Super King Air 350i aircraft. It is unclear if these aircraft will be used for utility/transport or ELINT/SIGINT duties. One of the aircraft, registration N99KC, was delivered on 17 June.
1656528749956.png

1659791948489.png

Global 6000 is a high-speed enterprise plane with a range of 6,700 nautical miles at Mach 0.80, a potential altitude of 51,000 feet, and a 14-hour longevity. Lighter aluminum alloys and composite materials make up the quasi monocoque airframe. It has a low wing, tricycle landing gear, and propellers that are mounted in the fuselage.

The design is based on the previous Canadair CL-600 and Bombardier CRJ aircraft. It has the same hull cross-section as these planes, but with a new T-tail and wing. The latter is a supersonic airfoil with wing tips and a 35° side sweep. Disruption is effectively attenuated by this extensible wing. It was initially powered by two FADEC-controlled BMW-Rolls-Royce BR710 turbofans. A 6 Honeywell Primus 2000 XP EFIS suite is installed on the jetway.

Canadair CL-600 and Bombardier CRJ aircraft- the defenders

Since the successful operation Swift Retort against India, the importance of electronic warfare has grown. India breached Pakistani airspace on the 25th of February 2019 and claimed to have bombed militant targets inside Pakistani territory, which Pakistan categorically denies. According to Pakistan, IAF fighter jets released their drop tanks as soon as PAF fighter jets were dispatched in the air. No one knows who is telling the truth.

After all of this, Pakistan decided to take retaliation for the violation of its airspace. Mirage ROSE, JF-17, F-16, SAAB 2000 AWACS, and Falcon 20 EW jets were employed in Operation Swift Retort. The game changer things in that operation was Falcon 20 EW which blinded the IAF radars and there pilots had no idea what was going around them. Taking advantage of the circumstance, the Pakistan Air Force launched two missiles, one of which shot down an IAF MiG-21 and other Su30mki. Although India denied that any Su 30mki was shot down, But no one can deny that a Mig-21 was shot down.

All of this is due to Falcon 20’s electronic warfare capabilities. They are now being replaced by Global 6000 aircraft by the Pakistan Air Force. These jetliners will be outfitted with high-powered radar jamming technology, bolstering the PAF’s capabilities.

With the induction of Rafale, Tejas, and more Mig-29, the Indian Air Force is rapidly expanding. In addition, India recently received the S-400. For such situations, electronic warfare machines are appropriate. They jammed enemy radars and allowed their pilots to complete their missions, but the S-400 is no laughing matter. To jam it, you’ll need some serious Electronic Warfare skills.

Pakistan air force considering Global 6000  jamming purposes- The defenders

1659792407908.png

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom