What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
CwJYqzJUsAALXi8.jpg

@Arsalan @Horus @Oscar @Path-Finder @RAMPAGE

FN are being very co-operative on price and manufacturing, it is being increasingly likely that they are going to win the tender. Unless the Italians can swoop in with a better offer.

Initially 80,000 rifles will be purchased and will go to SSG, LCB, Infantry regiments, and then will go to the rest of the Army.

There us also very strong likelihood that the Navy and Airforce will take it up. The SSW have taken it up.

Also the Army is VERY interested in the MinimI 7.62, sights and scopes are also being bought.

FN are being very co-operative on price and manufacturing, it is being increasingly likely that they are going to win the tender. Unless the Italians can swoop in with a better offer.

Initially 80,000 rifles will be purchased and will go to SSG, LCB, Infantry regiments, and then will go to the rest of the Army.

There us also very strong likelihood that the Navy and Airforce will take it up. The SSW have taken it up.

Also the Army is VERY interested in the MinimI 7.62, sights and scopes are also being bought.
I think FN will win and we would go for SCAR. Yes I knew that Army is testing machine guns as well as HandGuns. As we are also interested in minimi 7.62 I think SCAR has lot more chances now. Also the versions SCAR is offering no other Rifle is offering. Two Sniper versions as well as 7.62 x 51 and 7.62 x 39 and 5.56 x 45 and self defence version also the carbine. So SCAR will have lot more chances.

There is no FN, Izhmash and Zastava at IDEAS 2016. But there is presence of Beretta (and Fiocchi, one of Italy's largest manufacturers of ammunition). There is also MKEK.

The absence of FN at IDEAS 2016 does not indicate it will win the tender.

There is no FN, Izhmash and Zastava at IDEAS 2016. But there is presence of Beretta (and Fiocchi, one of Italy's largest manufacturers of ammunition). There is also MKEK.

The absence of FN at IDEAS 2016 does not indicate it will win the tender.
FN is there and company not being present at IDEAS is no indicator. We are Pakistan but Horus is has already told that FN would be there. SCAR is most likely the winner of Rifle trials.

Horus is has already told that FN would be there. SCAR is most likely the winner of Rifle trials.

The official website (ideaspakistan.gov.pk) has confirmed there is no FN at IDEAS 2016. I don't know where @Horus got the info.

About time mods of defence.pk take action against you for spamming this forum. You have turned this forum into a dump of your wish list and inside info from (non-existing) sources. Half of this threads 164 pages have been spammed by the same lines... "I hope SCAR wins"... "It is best"...

@WebMaster @mods @waz @Oscar

The official website (ideaspakistan.gov.pk) has confirmed there is no FN at IDEAS 2016. I don't know where @Horus got the info.

About time mods of defence.pk take action against you for spamming this forum. You have turned this forum into a dump of your wish list and inside info from (non-existing) sources. Half of this threads 164 pages have been spammed by the same lines... "I hope SCAR wins"... "It is best"...

@Horus is one hell of a source which we most trust and you can ask him that whether SCAR is participating or not. SCAR is the best Assault Rifle and it has performed best in our trials conducting by Pakistan. In fact it was ahead in performance if compared to all the rifles which participated in trials.

@Horus is one hell of a source which we most trust and you can ask him that whether SCAR is participating or not. SCAR is the best Assault Rifle and it has performed best in our trials conducting by Pakistan. In fact it was ahead in performance if compared to all the rifles which participated in trials.
No, it was NOT. It was NOT a horse race where one was ahead and other lagged behind. The trials were against a set of parameters and there is MORE THAN ONE RIFLE that passed and met every required parameter. I have been saying and trying to make you understand this basic point and anyone with the slightest knowledge of military evaluations and trials will understand what it is and how it is done. IT IS NOT A HORSE RACE WHERE ONE IS LEADING THE OTHER. Parameters are set and you either pass or fail. SIMPLE!!

Rest you can speculate WHATEVER you want to!!

No, it was NOT. It was NOT a horse race where one was ahead and other lagged behind. The trials were against a set of parameters and there is MORE THAN ONE RIFLE that passed and met every required parameter. I have been saying and trying to make you understand this basic point and anyone with the slightest knowledge of military evaluations and trials will understand what it is and how it is done. IT IS NOT A HORSE RACE WHERE ONE IS LEADING THE OTHER. Parameters are set and you either pass or fail. SIMPLE!!

Rest you can speculate WHATEVER you want to!!
SCAR performed better than compared to other assault rifles that doesn't mean that other can't meet the the certain standards which are set but still SCAR was better in performance as compared to other rifles so every other gun who has contacts in Army has said this. Yes I know about the basic point but if you are conducting trials and the Rifle which performs best but you don't induct it than I am sorry the soldiers who know about the trials and the results won't be that happy if you go for 2nd best.

FN Rep told me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom