What's new

Pakistan's next ship after Milgem, Type 054AP. Joint Turkish/Pakistan project

Former Naval Chief mentioned 20 main ships. If we go by for 4 each. That is 4 Milgem, 4 Type 54 A, 4 F-22 P, 6 Jinah Class. I still think Yarmook class doesn't come in the 20 main ships former Naval Chief mentioned. Therefore expect at least 2 to 4 Type 52 D destroyers kind of ship also.

@Tipu7.

Maybe a follow on for more Typ54AP's? The Type 52D is a very expensive and logistically challenging ship.

PN will have a much bigger sub and MPA fleet then both the Turks and the Egyptians, almost same size as Indian Navy.

Maybe a follow on for more Typ54AP's? The Type 52D is a very expensive and logistically challenging ship.
The missiles we are developing. Specially the Super Sonic Cruise Missile and the Hypersonic Ballistic Missile there is no point of developing them if your future plans doesn't include a destroyer like Type 52 D or even a bigger one. Those missiles are there to tell you that Destroyers are part of future plans.

The only reason the navy might get the destroyer a size of Type 52D is if it needs it. Just because it’s big and capable doesn’t mean it’s useful for the navy especially considering cost and role. While I would also like to see a massive destroyer docked at Karachi, I don’t want the navy to buy a Type 52, I want them to do what they’re doing with Jinnah and MILGEM and to some extent the Hangor. Make a new design specific to the needs of the navy, that way we’re learning something from it too. Maybe it won’t be as big as that, but if it’s specifically suited to our requirements then it’s more useful.
The J-class and HTS (heavy tonnage ships) will continue in parallel, just like we have two ongoing parallel projects of Type 54AP and Milgem.
J-class and HTS are things of post 2030.
Both types will carry next generation weapons. And as usual, the plans are subjected to variations.

The missiles we are developing. Specially the Super Sonic Cruise Missile and the Hypersonic Ballistic Missile there is no point of developing them if your future plans doesn't include a destroyer like Type 52 D or even a bigger one. Those missiles are there to tell you that Destroyers are part of future plans.

Definitely.. I think many more surprises could even emerge in the coming years

If we have a plan to buy type-52D then it would be after 2030 not before, but i have a doubt that we will get them because they are huge and will have a maintenance and logistic challenges for PN

If we have a plan to buy type-52D then it would be after 2030 not before, but i have a doubt that we will get them because they are huge and will have a maintenance and logistic challenges for PN
Why Pakistan Navy will buy Type-52D around 2030?
Why should not Pakistan Navy buy more advance solution available in that timeline?

Which is why I have emphasized how important it is for Pakistan to first establish cultural ties, where ensure that our relations with the Russians aren't merely for weapons. As it should be, Pakistan has this once in a life time opportunity for establishing comprehensive relationship with Russia. The magnitude of benefit to both countries, when we apply economic, agricultural, science and technology, and more importantly cultural ties. These are the foundations on which Pakistan-Russia Friendship should be based on.

Remember, Russia is not like america, today's Russia establishes relations on the basis of common ground, mutually beneficial trade and a profound sense of genuine friendship. We would be foolish to approach a relationship with Russia, like we do other countries. It isn't the same and we as a country are mature enough to know this.

Pakistan was fortunate to have a friend like China. That relationship started off on different grounds and grew to be something unique in history. Relationship with Russia, requires not just patience, but also a gradual pace. Pakistan shall find to it's surprise that Russia is like no other friend or ally. It is important for Pakistan to focus it's political, cultural, economic and military ties with all three countries in our region, namely Russia, China and Iran.
i dont know why, but i get the feeling that you are a fanboy of imran hossein
You will see it if you use Google Earth. I am not joking - read between the lines
so a land based structure for testing?

i dont know why, but i get the feeling that you are a fanboy of imran hossein

Your first mistake was to try and categorize me as someone's fan. Your second mistake is to not engage in a discussion on topic.

I am a Muslim and belong to the Ummah of Nabi Muhammad Alaihi Salaat-u-Wassalam.

That's all anyone needs to know.

If Imran Hosein or Imran Khan or anyone else follows Nabi Muhammad Alaihi Salaat-u-Wassalam and is devoted to the Noble Qur'an, I am his brother .... anyone who doesn't and calls himself a Muslim, is not my brother ... Period.

Back
Top Bottom