What's new

Pakistan's New F-16 Block 52 vs SU 30 MKI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
both planes look so hot, in my opinion if both fires AIM and R-77 at same time, it's RIP for both planes at same time

OH!! Come on my friend... Now leave everything ...radar,bvr, range...everything..Just compare the looks...
SU-30 MKI rocks man!!!
f-16 is nowhere in terms of looks ...
Flanker is ,,,hottt!!!:sniper:

OH!! Come on my friend... Now leave everything ...radar,bvr, range...everything..Just compare the looks...
SU-30 MKI rocks man!!!

Flanker is ,,,hottt!!!:sniper:

F-16 is not bad either....
beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder ...

f-16 is nowhere in terms of looks ...

F-16 is right there...

Comparing a Multi role fighter with a heavy air superiority fighter jet simply just does not make any sense to me.

Anyway lets do it.

Radar comparison

As we know F-16c or Block 50/52+ comes with a V(9) version of the AN/APG-68 radar provides both improved air-to-air capabilities and air-to-ground capabilities.

F-16 Radar Features

The AN/APG-68 radar is a long range up to 300 km and a Pulse-doppler radar designed by Westinghouse (now Northrop Grumman) to replace AN/APG-66 radar in the F-16 Fighting Falcon. The AN/APG-68 radar system consists of the following line-replaceable units:
Antenna
Dual Mode Transmitter (DMT)
Modular Low-power radio frequency (MLPRF)
Programmable signal processor (PSP)

The AN/APG-68(V)9 radar is the latest development. Besides the increase in scan range compared to the previous version, it has a Synthetic aperture radar (SAR) capability.

Benefits

30 percent increase in detection range.

Improvements in false alarm rate and mutual interference;
Four versus two tracked targets in the Situation Awareness mode (a search-while-track mode)

Larger search volume and improved track performance in Track While Scan mode.

Improved track performance in Single Target Track mode;
Two-foot resolution in new Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) mode, which allows autonomous delivery of precision, all-weather, standoff weapons
Increased detection range in Sea Surveillance mode;
Improved target detection and map quality in Ground Moving Target Indication mode.

Su-30mki radar

The forward facing NIIP N011M Bars (Panther) is a powerful integrated passive electronically scanned array radar. The N011M is a digital multi-mode dual frequency band radar.The N011M can function in air-to-air and air-to-land/sea mode simultaneously while being tied into a high-precision laser-inertial or GPS navigation system. It is equipped with a modern digital weapons control system as well as anti-jamming features. N011M has a 350 km search range and a maximum 200 km tracking range, and 60 km in the rear hemisphere. The radar can track 15 air targets and engage 4 simultaneously. These targets can even include cruise missiles and motionless helicopters. The Su-30MKI can function as a mini-AWACS as a director or command post for other aircraft. The target co-ordinates can be transferred automatically to at least four other aircraft. The radar can detect ground targets such as tanks at 40–50 km.

F-16 Engine:
One Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-229 turbofan, rated at 17,000 lb.s.t. dry and 28,500 lb.s.t. with afterburning or one General Electric F110-GE-129 turbofan, rated at 17,155 lb.s.t. dry and 28,984 lb.s.t. with afterburning.

Performance:
Maximum short-endurance speed: Mach 2.05 (1353 mph) at 40,000 feet. Maximum sustained speed Mach 1.89 (1247 mph) at 40,000 feet. Tactical radius (hi-lo-hi interdiction on internal fuel with six 500-lb bombs) 360 miles. Maximum ferry range 2450 miles with maximum external fuel (excluding 600gal. tanks or CFT's)

Dogfight capability.

F-16 is meant is the most successful dog fighter ever created it has over a 100 kills without sustaining a single loss ( About 30 of them are from PAF:pakistan: )

This video speaks for itself that nothing matches the Viper in a dogfight specially when we take Block 52's Joint helmet mounted cuing system or JHMCS which is simply a look at shoot at capability to fire its infrared guided missiles so the Viper would not need TVC;) .

http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos/KWSN-
Men/339/

Introduction video

YouTube - PAF F-16 Block 50-52+ The Ultimate killing machine

F-16 Block 52+ Cockpit.

VS

SU30 Mki cockpit.

F16 B-52 A2A missiles

Air-to-air missiles:
2× AIM-7 Sparrow
6× AIM-9 Sidewinder
6× IRIS-T or
6× AIM-120D AMRAAM Range 130+miles!!!!

SU-30 A2A missiles

Air to Air Missiles:
10 × R-77 (AA-12) active radar homing medium range AAM, 100 km
10 × Astra missile active radar homing medium range AAM, 80 km
6 × R-27P (AA-10C) semi-active radar guided, long range AAM 130 km;) There is a difference between Miles and Kms isn't it??:agree:
6 × R-27P (AA-10D) Infrared homing extended range version, long range AAM 120 km
2 × R-27R/AA-10A semi-active radar guided, medium range AAM,80 km
2 × R-27T (AA-10B) infrared homing seeker, medium range AAM, 70 km
6 × R-73 (AA-11) short range AAM, 30 km

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my conclusion is that Tough SU-30 is a whole different class of fighter tough it is Twin engine , Dual cockpit and it can carry a hell load of weapons and has a greater range.

In a BVR fight F-16 Block 52+ with a range of 300kms and SAAB Erie AWACS and AIM-120D will shoot down an SU-30 way before.

But the issue is Pakistan has ordered a AIM-120C variant which has a range of only 105km so Pakistan must buy a D variant or it " could " be on our order already.

In a dogfight.

PAF pilots is one of the Most experienced air forces which has used F-16 . Over 30+ years of Pilot experience with Vipers mean something!!

Su-30 is highly maneuverable but F-16 can beat its TVC advantage by smart electronics and Infrared guided weapons and not to forget JHMCS.

Regards:

sir,

first of all thank you very much for your very useful post......

now lets try out some facts...su-30mki was praised by the raf pilots who conceded their typhoon has less maneuverability than su-30mki...they called it best ever flanker ever maid...also they added addition of a aesa radar will make it one of the most dangerous plane ever made for which india has already placed the order next 100 plane will be given zhuk e aesa radar...but the system will take time till 2014 for induction..

well lets leave the aesa radar..as it is not a part of plane right now..
also india defeated usa in cope india without using the ragar....
also us officer James b crown said integration of Israel and French avionics has done the trick for Indian mki's .also Malaysia which operates both su-30mkm and f-18 super hornet said the mki is better than any other plane currently in its inventory....<weapon wars:beasts:special edition of janes defense weakly which ranked mki 4 places ahead than the f-16 block 52<December 2009>>

i tried for a net link but cant find it...but its documentary DVD will be launched in July...hope will provide u links then..sorry for that

well to mention here bramhos cruise missile will be integrated with su-30 mki and mkms by starting of 2012...with currently the missile is under production for sequence pilot tests...which will be held in july in russia...

well i agree with you...about the radars...where su-30mki has great advantage but your experience with f-16's will surely help you....but we have experience with mki's for last 6 years and have great experience with russian planes for last three decades...

LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST...I SINCERELY HOPE THESE TWO PLANES NEVER COME BEFORE EACH OTHER....

F-16 is not bad either....
beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder ...

F-16 is right there...

Cmon buddy...hw can it be compared to this super-hottie..?

F-16 block 52 are good against indian mirage, bt against MKI they are nt good.

MKI is twin engine f-16 single

Cmon buddy...hw can it be compared to this super-hottie..?

well to be honest, i like the looks of MKI more than any other plane. To me, MKI is most beautiful bird after Raptor. :smitten:

I have never seen a su30 MKI with well finished shiny paints.(apart from just the 4 birds painted in tri colour)..still in looks I find it better than the F16 (shown above).

does anyone have some nice pictures of su30mki..apart from these old ones that we keep seeing ??thanks in advance.

Well you will not find an operational aircraft with a shiny paint. It is better not use a shiny one.

well to be honest, i like the looks of MKI more than any other plane. To me, MKI is most beautiful bird after Raptor. :smitten:

Arey Bhaijaan....for the Raptor we r bringing out this bird...:devil::devil:

I have never seen a su30 MKI with well finished shiny paints.(apart from just the 4 birds painted in tri colour)..still in looks I find it better than the F16 (shown above).

does anyone have some nice pictures of su30mki..apart from these old ones that we keep seeing ??thanks in advance.

f-16 is no where in comparison to mki looks ...its dammmmmm hot...:cheers:

Mr Black Blood

6&#215; AIM-120D AMRAAM Range 130+miles!!!!

I dont think AIM 120D is ever fitted in F16 block 52 AC and Info regarding SU30 MKI A2A missile is wrong.

The primary A2A weapon is R77 which is an active radar seeking missile with range 108 miles...

And AIM 120D with 130 miles, that comes only with raptor and F-15 I guess, Can you provide a link where Pakistan has AIM 120 D???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom