What's new

Pakistan's Missile Technology

What do you mean expensive.

"It has been recently reported by the Pakistani Press namely Jang that Pakistan has the ability to MIRV its missiles. This has been seen as possibly the greatest achievement to date. It has also been reported that Pakistan would likely MIRV its Shaheen-II missile."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

There are only a handfull of asian counteries that have MIRV or even Anti missle doging capability.

Mate,can you provide me with a more reliable source.You are quoting from wiki,which infact quotes from a Pakistani daily. I would prefer a better source.

Also I am yet to convince that S2 has MIRV.
Why?
It apparently can carry 1 tonne. According to this FAS link

Pakistan is believed to have a capability to deploy a nuclear warhead using plutonium and weighing around 500 kilograms
http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/pakistan/missile/hatf-3.htm

That means additional casing and wiring would increase the weight of the nuke within the missile head.hence i dont see the missile carrying a second warhead.

Then the dimension. S2 apparently has 1.5 diameter and the head is cone shaped.If you are deploying a MIRV it means individual warhead would be cone shaped some like the image in this link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIRV

Now notice the dimension of the missile head that is required to hold multiple cone shaped warheads.
If MIRV is implemented as gliding warhead then the aerodynamics feature of the warhead might mean extra space required.If it is implemented as rocket powered then weight issues.

check this Agni 3 image,which is rumoured to have MIRV. Observe the change in the missile head.
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MISSILES/Images/A3_family_contrast A2_K15_tube_r11A-1500x1400pix.jpg

Hence I dont see how S2 has MIRV.It's warhead capacity and dimensions are just not enough for MIRV

^^
Read Post 42, And I am not rocket scientist and nor are you. The Fas is showing a system that is used by the USA is a ICBM which can carry more payload, Shaheen isn't a ICBM.

There are only a handfull of asian counteries that have MIRV or even Anti missle doging capability.

Where did you get this part about anti missile dodging capability. To date, ONLY Russia's Bulova has that! Any links?:disagree:

Read Post 42,

It says "Pakistan sources say... can drop 3- 7 bombs"

S2 carrying 3 to 7 bombs?? what bombs??

I would request for something better,not which starts with "Pakistani sources say ...". Please.

And I am not rocket scientist and nor are you.
So? Do someone needs to be rocket scientist to analyze how multiple warhead would fit in a "cone shaped" missile head?

Try placing multiple cones inside a bigger cone,you will understand what I am talking about.

The Fas is showing a system that is used by the USA is a ICBM which can carry more payload, Shaheen isn't a ICBM.

A 10,000 KM missile with 200 kg warhead or 10,000 kg multiple warhead is still a ICBM.

A 2500 Km missile with with 200 kg single or 10,000 kg multiple warheads is still a IRBM.

What is the relation with carrying multiple warhead and missile being a ICBM?

It says "Pakistan sources say... can drop 3- 7 bombs"

S2 carrying 3 to 7 bombs?? what bombs??

I would request for something better,not which starts with "Pakistani sources say ...". Please.

So? Do someone needs to be rocket scientist to analyze how multiple warhead would fit in a "cone shaped" missile head?

Try placing multiple cones inside a bigger cone,you will understand what I am talking about.

A 10,000 KM missile with 200 kg warhead or 10,000 kg multiple warhead is still a ICBM.

A 2500 Km missile with with 200 kg single or 10,000 kg multiple warheads is still a IRBM.

What is the relation with carrying multiple warhead and missile being a ICBM?

Greater the payload shorter the range .
smaller the payload longer the range.:hitwall:

I don't understand what made u bring a 2 years old dead article to life?

Would you mind explaining the reason for it, did pakistan test another missile today? or did someone else from the Govt. came up with a similer claim today?

This isn't generally the case at all!! Nowadays with the advances in nanoparticle technology more & more of the solid fuel propellant with great combustion rates can be packed in a smaller volume; decreasing the overall volume of the missile. I will not use technical terms here but this advancement has dual +ive effects:

1) Lesser volume means greater stealth as now the missile has to cut through lesser radar waves
2) Lesser volume lesser metal for fabrication & lesser overall weight thereby increasing range

[/LIST]

i have serious doubts about it being 3rd, theres usa, russia, china(in that order i believe), thats 3 right there and they are not questioned when it comes to missile tech, then there are those who can probably make some very nice ones if needed like japan.

ISLAMABAD, March 24 (KUNA) -- Pakistan is the third country of the world that has acquired the latest missile technology, said a scientist here Saturday.

National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM) Chairman and renowned scientist Dr Samar Mobarakmand talking to a local news channel, Geo, said that Pakistan has become the third country of the world to prepare the latest missile technology after Thursdays successful test of Babar Cruise Missile.

He said Pakistan will conduct more missile tests in the future, adding that five years ago Islamabad has only six nuclear scientists but now their number has crossed 10,000.

"Pakistan is not at par with USA; however, it is far ahead of its neighbor, as we possess far superior technology across Asia," he said.

Pakistan Thursday successfully test fired radar avoiding cruise missile with 700 Kms of range.

"The test is part of Pakistans ongoing efforts at consolidating its strategic capability and strengthening national security," said the military statement. (end) amn.

Kuwait News.
http://www.kuna.net.kw/home/Story.aspx?Language=en&DSNO=964788

Stop dreaming please,

Japan,USA,France,China,UK and India are way ahead of You.... See the wordls msiile chart and you will know
World Missile Chart - Countries Possessing Ballistic Missiles

This thread starts on , 03-24-2007, 09:58 PM , about Pakistan 3rd country of the world in latest missile technology.

What is the latest table position now ?

theres no meaning in the thread third in missile technology in what way
you dont have a ICBM(INDIA is developing AGNI 5)
you dont have BMD(INDIA has PAD & AAD)
you dont have surface to air missile(INDIA has AKASH)
you dont have a supersonic cruse missile(INDIA has )
you dont have a submarine launched missile (INDIA has SAGARIKA)
you dont have a anti tank missile(INDIA has NAG third generation)
you dont have a air to air missile(INDIA has ASTRA)
may be some missile are not inducted but are sucessfully tested
so in what way you are ahead of even india in missile technology
missile technology doesnt mean having just IRBM & MRBM

Back
Top Bottom