What's new

Pakistan’s Javelin Thrower Arshad Nadeem Breaks India’s Neeraj Chopra’s Record,

Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan’s Javelin Thrower Arshad Nadeem Breaks India’s Neeraj Chopra’s Record, Qualifies For The Tokyo Olympics
The Athletics Federation of India also congratulated Arshad Nadeem for his achievement.
By ARSALAN KHATTAK Last updated DEC 7, 2019
260638_2877485_updates.jpg

Pakistan’s javelin thrower, Arshad Nadeem, has broken India’s Neeraj Chopra record of the longest javelin throw—82.23m— in the ongoing South Asian Games. Arshad Nadeem’s javelin throw of 86.29m not only registered him in the record books but also lead to his qualification for Tokyo Olympics.

The 22-years-old, previously a bronze medalist, won the gold medal with his longest-ever throw. The minimum entry standard of 85m throw in the Olympics for the men’s competition was surpassed by him with ease.

The Athletics Federation of India also congratulated Arshad Nadeem for his achievement.

Athletics Federation of India

✔@afiindia

Congrats #ArshadNadeem, javelin star of #Pakistan for winning gold at #SAGames2019 with a throw of 86.48m (PB & New Pakistani record)

Qualified for #Tokyo2020 Olympics, first Pakistani athlete in decades to earn direct qualification.

Photo- @Neeraj_chopra1 & Arshad at 2018AG

https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1203202107181940738

“I’m very excited that my hard work has finally paid off. I have made the longest-ever throw by a Pakistani and I’m very hopeful of winning a medal In Tokyo Olympics,” Arshad Nadeem said.

He also thanked the Athletics Federation of Pakistan for providing him the best training facilities.

What Are Your Views On This? Share With Us in The Comments Bar Below

Pakistan’s Javelin Thrower Arshad Nadeem Breaks India’s Neeraj Chopra’s Record, Qualifies For The Tokyo Olympics
By ARSALAN KHATTAK Last updated DEC 7, 2019
260638_2877485_updates.jpg

Pakistan’s javelin thrower, Arshad Nadeem, has broken India’s Neeraj Chopra record of the longest javelin throw—82.23m— in the ongoing South Asian Games. Arshad Nadeem’s javelin throw of 86.29m not only registered him in the record books but also lead to his qualification for Tokyo Olympics.

The 22-years-old, previously a bronze medalist, won the gold medal with his longest-ever throw. The minimum entry standard of 85m throw in the Olympics for the men’s competition was surpassed by him with ease.

Athletics Federation of India

✔@afiindia

Congrats #ArshadNadeem, javelin star of #Pakistan for winning gold at #SAGames2019 with a throw of 86.48m (PB & New Pakistani record)

Qualified for #Tokyo2020 Olympics, first Pakistani athlete in decades to earn direct qualification.

Photo- @Neeraj_chopra1 & Arshad at 2018AG

“I’m very excited that my hard work has finally paid off. I have made the longest-ever throw by a Pakistani and I’m very hopeful of winning a medal In Tokyo Olympics,” Arshad Nadeem said.

He also thanked the Athletics Federation of Pakistan for providing him the best training facilities.

What Are Your Views On This? Share With Us in The Comments Bar Below

Well done, made us all proud.

Well done Sir, we need a lot more like you. Wish you all the success in future events as well.

Well done for qualifying. At first I was going to check what the world record throw is, but then I thought to myself how unfair it is to compare this guy to the worlds best. He hasn't had any of the equipment/opportunity/culture that those guys have.

For those interested, the world record is 98.48 m.

Thanks for making us proud Arshad Nadeem.

Well done for qualifying. At first I was going to check what the world record throw is, but then I thought to myself how unfair it is to compare this guy to the worlds best. He hasn't had any of the equipment/opportunity/culture that those guys have.

For those interested, the world record is 98.48 m.
yes; it is such a tragedy there is so much potential for athethics across Pak or India too.

Back
Top Bottom