What's new

Pakistan's ASFC conducts training launch of Shaheen-II MRBM Nov 13, 2014

In all probability it was either a statement "that we can do it", or it was simply a bluff. Whatever the reasons behind the NOTAM, did we see anything new? No! Now your guesses are as good as ours. Go ahead and speculate.

Err.....help me understanding this.
A rocket which cannot go beyond its maximum range due to "Physics" and that i simply does not have fuel to go over 1500km.

How can it be a threat for ships/planes for another 1000 km?

Err.....help me understanding this.
A rocket which cannot go beyond its maximum range due to "Physics" and that i simply does not have fuel to go over 1500km.

How can it be a threat for ships/planes for another 1000 km?

Overeager beaver, for safety reasons. Hyperion gave you the answer and so did deterrent. If there is a weapon of that range that might have been tested(but was not or it does not exist)... you give an approximate safety range.

if we going to speculate then speculate with shred of evidence
The shred of evidence here is that for the last 8 years or so Shaheen-2 range has been stated as 2000-2500 km. Now based on this test you guys decided to change and reduce the range of Shaheen-2 as 1500 km
I hope somr loony from here does not go and edit wiki page.

A missile can have varying ranges by changing it's apogee . By increasing the apogee , the range can be reduced and vice versa .

Agni 2 has a stated range of 2000km with a 220km apogee .

The latest test of Agni 2 was for a reduced range of around 1200km with an increased apogee of 600km .

in few years Shaheen 2 range will decrease to 60 KM and a decade later , range will be 0.00 km .. it will fly vertically to hit moon :D

Well Missiles carry a payload, and SLV carry a payload the only difference is SLV have a system to release a satellite from its internal chambers.

The 5,000km distance that Shaheen 3 covers is enough to put a sattelite into Earth's orbit

Conventional sattelites weighed in at tones however a Sattelite designed with modern technologies could have considerably less weight

But Shaheen-III can.

It is Pakistan-made with jadeed technology. So I'm sure it can.

I could not help but report it as Troll :) Because this is what it was!

You did not need to give me negative rating for that post.

Oh no no my friend. I just felt i need to report it. The negative rating was a mistake and have been removed :)
JUST reported it for the reasons you know well.

Back
Top Bottom