What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

No lies two jets were attacked one Air Refueller which pretty much melted due to sheer heat and one AWAC and the AWAC is fully recovered now
Please don't go around creating stories, if a refueller started burning, can you imagine the smoke and fire rising out of the base..... show me a single image where any smoke is seen coming out of Kamra base.

saab-png.255703

Exif Data of this picture posted by @hassan1 shows the picture was taken on 21-August-2015. that is enough evidence that the VIP/Transport SAAB 2000 was not converted to Erieye AWACS as predicted by many.
That also means that whatever airframe was repaired by PAF was in good enough shape after terrorist attack,so as to not needing replacement,just repairs.
This also debunks many claims over here that 2 were incinerated and one was damaged beyond repain and will need a whole new body.

I like that when people make wild claims forgetting what Undersecretary of Defense claimed in Parliamentary briefing in 2013.

Do you have evidence which can supersede Secretary defense claims one was completely destroyed in attack while one was damaged ?

what is the loiter time for ZDK?

secondly ZDK how many stations does it have?

i know @Windjammer you shared a pic of the interior with around 10 stations. that seemed more like the KJ2000 rather than ZDK03.

Lastly are the work stations longitudinal or side facing? Operators have to physically lean sideways to counter the plane's orientation during climbs, dives and banks. This puts enormous physical stress on the operators where flights often last 7-8 hours. So it is not preferred.

Last edited:
I like that when people make wild claims forgetting what Undersecretary of Defense claimed in Parliamentary briefing in 2013.

Do you have evidence which can supersede Secretary defense claims one was completely destroyed in attack while one was damaged ?

Bureaucrats are rats which repeat what they are told.

No lies two jets were attacked one Air Refueller which pretty much melted due to sheer heat and one AWAC and the AWAC is fully recovered now

And who told you that? I stand by my claim.

teray moun mein ghee shaakaar if the third one also becomes operational.

@fatman17 BUT BUT BUT...........................OK got it boss :lol:
:P

Indeed, the second bird will also be serviceable shortly. The electronics are all SV, and work on aircraft is underway.

Please don't go around creating stories, if a refueller started burning, can you imagine the smoke and fire rising out of the base..... show me a single image where any smoke is seen coming out of Kamra base.

No IL78 or any jets were attacked. The Insurgents had only target, and that was SAAB 2000 and its pilots. The pilots evaded the attackers, and terrorists were all shot by DSG, but by that time, the damage was done.

For friends who need references:

Aerial Eyes: Pakistan’s New AWACS Fleets

The article clearly says one destroyed, two badly damaged, and the amount of money being paid to SAAB for repair.

The lies and deception continue. Three aircraft were attacked, two badly damaged, and one destroyed/written off. Out of the two damaged, one has been made serviceable again by PAC, and work is underway on the second one.

Both PAC and SAAB have participated, and commercial market suppliers have also assisted.

Civil configuration aircraft has not been converted.

Correct Sir. I won't celebrate unless i see some picture evidence.
If they have fixed one aircraft that just brings the number to two aircraft

so basically we still dont know whether all four are operational or three operational now
i just need an answeer to this question
3 or 4?

what is the loiter time for ZDK?

secondly ZDK how many stations does it have?

i know @Windjammer you shared a pic of the interior with around 10 stations. that seemed more like the KJ2000 rather than ZDK03.

Lastly are the work stations longitudinal or side facing? Operators have to physically lean sideways to counter the plane's orientation during climbs, dives and banks. This puts enormous physical stress on the operators where flights often last 7-8 hours. So it is not preferred.

you know they have sideways chairs in private jets as well, and those things have faster rate of climb than turboprops and are more agile.
But anyway the ones installed on the ZDK swivel around so during take off

That's correct. I just posted it on a different thread. The PAF is mounting the repaired Radar onto a Saab Platform (assuming its the Test one, the 5th plane?). They've done a couple of weeks of ground testing on the repaired radar and will now be conducting flight tests once its on an airborne platform.

If the Radar works like it's supposed to, the PAF has now learned everything about the Erieye also. They can probably get parts from the international market (COTS products) and make a derivative of this Erieye themselves. It may not be 100% of the Erieye, but even 80% with 60% less budget would be a huge accomplishment. They fixed it within $ 10 million when the cost to get it fixed through Saab was around $ 40-50 million. This is truly awesome work :tup:

The Swedes suggestd Pakistan buy a $ 20 million (ish) warranty and insurance. Pakistan refused to and suffered because of that. Otherwise, everything would've been covered. The manufacturer's OEM warranty doesn't cover terrorist attacks. It just covers equipment's working under regular circumstances. Anyway, Pakistani used their tech resources, knowledge base, technical material provided for support, ordered parts and got this puppy fixed and working internally for 1/5th of the cost. Also gained significant experience in the design of this puppy too. Good job to PAF's engineers.

After such a complex initiative, they can probably overhaul and fix these internally, even built another version with COTS products too, if all the manufacturing and mechanical equipment is available.
The lies and deception continue. Three aircraft were attacked, two badly damaged, and one destroyed/written off. Out of the two damaged, one has been made serviceable again by PAC, and work is underway on the second one.

Both PAC and SAAB have participated, and commercial market suppliers have also assisted.

Civil configuration aircraft has not been converted.
Bilal Khan.
May I know on what basis you are posting somethkng totally contrary to the information which has officially been provided. We dont quite know what is your background and what you have been upto till now. As such and please dont assume this to be disrespectful I would like to know your sources/experience before we understand why youare saying so.
Awaiting a response

There's some sort of ambiguity that still remains with the operationality of the SAAB Erieye Fleet. What I've inferred or read was that one SAAB Erieye was completely destroyed which was in the middle. The 2 on the sides were also got damaged due to it.
One was minor damaged and the other suffered a major one.
The minor one was already repaired and the major one is taken back into fleet now after heavy repairs.
And one which we keep seeing in all the promotional videos which is totally fine.
So that makes 3 SAAB Erieye Operational and 1 Transport version Minus 1 SAAB Erieye which got completely destroyed (which may get replaced eventually? ) so that makes a total of 4 SAAB 2000 Aircraft in the fleet.

Bilal Khan.
May I know on what basis you are posting somethkng totally contrary to the information which has officially been provided. We dont quite know what is your background and what you have been upto till now. As such and please dont assume this to be disrespectful I would like to know your sources/experience before we understand why youare saying so.
Awaiting a response
official version says one was repaired, so whats the strength right now? what can i infer from report on dunya is that one was majority damage that was first called as salvageable but than told be not salvageable. That one is made back into service so we should be 4+1.

so question is
are we back to 4+1 SAAB
or
are we up to the strength 3+1?

PAF is in process of building 5 more aircraft hangars at multiple airbases similar to the ones at Minhas AB built for 3x ZDK-03s. Did PAF place an additional order of any AEW &C Aircrafts?

People keep on saying that 1 wss written off but did anyone has a proof to back up his statement secondly there wss no smoke seen after terrorist attack that an aircraft is on fire. Only small puffs here and there.

People keep on saying that 1 wss written off but did anyone has a proof to back up his statement secondly there wss no smoke seen after terrorist attack that an aircraft is on fire. Only small puffs here and there.

bhai i hope we were as optimistic at you even after pictures came out here you go:

ereiye - Google Search

ereiye - Google Search

bhai i hope we were as optimistic at you even after pictures came out here you go:

ereiye - Google Search

ereiye - Google Search

Sir what are you trying to show? There's not a single pic in the above mentioned links which is showing a SAAB 2000 being destroyed. Only 1 pic shows an aircraft burning but that was from PNS Mehran base Attack not Kamra's incident.
PS i do think that one SAAB Erieye got completely destroyed but no concrete (digital) evidence is available of its destruction. Although some Minister statement confirmed about the destruction of 1 SAAB back then. I think 4 SAAB are operational now 3 AWACS and 1 Transport version

Back
Top Bottom