What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Obviousely not active enough ... and poster has another job to make money off.

Anyway ...Now that the cats' out of the bag, how is PAF going to take it ?

will the base commander be prosecuted / charged ?

Will the perimeter security guards be held acccountable for fleeing the scene ?

will the PAF top brass (joke) be charged for not putting enough money for a permenant fixed hanger for the awacs ?

I know the answer, but ask anyway.
Don't expect the PAF's vigilant force or the security personnel to do much, because all they carry is a G-3 with only one mag, I last i checked 20 bullets fired from an inaccurate rifle are not enough to hold back the terrorits.......some of the guards might have a spare mag but that is all they are carried.

However since the attacks, JCOs and NCOs on the techincal side are also given training on firing a handgun. And when they start a shift they are issued a pistol which has to be returned at the end of the shift..... :)

Last I heard...he was recommended for early retirement with some of his benefits taken away or something like that.

If that was done, then it was appropriate; because 'dereliction of duty' at various levels is apparent. Though at that time; many here on PDF felt that he was fit for decoration, for leading from the front.
As one moves up the ladder, one gets increasingly tasked to ensure that one's subordinates perform optimally at all times. At AOC level, if one has to fall into the 'rough and tumble' of things: it means that the system has collapsed or that the situation is desperate.
Neither is a circumstance to be looked forward to!

Last I heard...he was recommended for early retirement with some of his benefits taken away or something like that.

last I checked Base commandar was even caught in the attack by mistake and simply ran away by driving the jeep in reverse.......and amazed how he was portrayed as a hero next day.....
the DSG who got martyred while defending, called for help for 20 mins and no one listened to him......because some of our Jawans were :lazy:

I wonder what are they trying to achieve with this......:whistle::azn:

55824_1.gif

last I checked Base commandar was even caught in the attack by mistake and simply ran away by driving the jeep in reverse.......and amazed how he was portrayed as a hero next day.....
the DSG who got martyred while defending, called for help for 20 mins and no one listened to him......because some of our Jawans were :lazy:

Yup...if he got shot in the arm it doesn't mean that he becomes a hero automatically. He went out when all was lost!!!

accident report update.

august 16, 2012.

the PAF/3 Squadron Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C aircraft that was damaged by shrapnel from an exploding rocket-propelled grenade which struck the wall of the hanger in which it was parked during a militant attack on PAF Base Kamra-Minhas in the early hours of the morning has been declared a write-off. Previous reports had suggested it was repairable, however. on February 6, 2013, Pakistan Defence Secretary told a meeting of Pakistan's National Assembly Standing Committee on Defence that the aircraft had been destroyed in the attack.
AFM

now members on the forum owe me and a few other members an apology as our stand from day one has been proved right!!!

Pakistan Air Force Saab 2000 AEW&C Support Contract

Posted on: March 21st, 2013

The first Pakistan Air Force Saab 2000 AEW&C during pre-delivery flight-testing.

Saab was awarded a support contract for the type today by an unspecified nation, which must be Pakistan, as the only current operator of the type.

Saab DEFENCE AND security company Saab today signed an SEK1.1 billion ($169 million) support contract for a Saab 2000 AEW&C (airborne early warning and control) system already in service with an undisclosed nation. Although the company did not identify the country involved, the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is the only air arm currently operating the type. All other Erieye systems on Saab aircraft are on the smaller Saab 340.

The PAF has taken delivery of four Saab 2000 AEW&C aircraft, which entered service with 3 Squadron at PAF Base Kamra-Minhas from December 2009. One aircraft was, however, damaged beyond repair on August 16, 2012, when militants fired a rocket-propelled grenade at 3 Squadron’s hangar. At the time it was thought to be repairable, but on February 6, 2013, Pakistan’s Defense Secretary confirmed that it had been destroyed in the attack.

The new support contract covers a comprehensive set of spares and support services for the system, which comprises of the Saab 2000 aircraft equipped with the advanced Erieye radar system and ground equipment.

“Our support contract is a result of our close co-operation with our customer and can be seen as a further confirmation of our strong capability to provide our customers with advanced service and support solutions”, says Gunilla Fransson, Head of Saab’s Security and Defense Solutions business.

AFD-Dave Allport

now members on the forum owe me and a few other members an apology as our stand from day one has been proved right!!!

for what !!!!!!!!!

($169 million) ?? big amount means damaged will be repaired in this contract sir?

Well, I have a major concern from another angle over these developments.

An RPG hit the wall of the hanger and aircraft placed inside was destroyed ( as admitted by officials).

Now, how much these hangers would be able to hold in real war. Any idea/comment/ suggestion. I am not implying anything here but just want to know if my concern about structural strength of these hangers hold any weight or I am completely missing something here.

An RPG hit the wall of the hanger and aircraft placed inside was destroyed ( as admitted by officials).

Now, how much these hangers would be able to hold in real war. Any idea/comment/ suggestion. I am not implying anything here but just want to know if my concern about structural strength of these hangers hold any weight or I am completely missing something here.

they are not hardened shelters - in war time these assets will be dispersed elsewhere

($169 million) ?? big amount means damaged will be repaired in this contract sir?

nope! this contract also includes spares - lots of them!

accident report update.

august 16, 2012.

the PAF/3 Squadron Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C aircraft that was damaged by shrapnel from an exploding rocket-propelled grenade which struck the wall of the hanger in which it was parked during a militant attack on PAF Base Kamra-Minhas in the early hours of the morning has been declared a write-off. Previous reports had suggested it was repairable, however. on February 6, 2013, Pakistan Defence Secretary told a meeting of Pakistan's National Assembly Standing Committee on Defence that the aircraft had been destroyed in the attack.
AFM

The ship was a write off but what about the radar and electronics in the ship? Were they also destroyed?

now if PAF is smart, they would / should assume they are in a 'war-like' situation and all such expensive force-multiplyers should be dispersed already. it will cost extra for this but not as expensive as losing a complete platform.

they are as any other airforce hangers sir jee there is huge difrrence between hangers and bunkers .

we can see here other air forces hangers .they are not for defence but as shelter only .maximum you can expect water proof shelters .

look at the hanger of world most expensive jet . a 9mm bullet can even penetrate in it
Lockheed+Martin+F-22+Raptor+twin-engine+fifth-generation+supermaneuverable+fighter+aircraft+stealth+technology+United+States+Air+Force+A+B+C+D+%25283%2529.jpg

The+Airmen+from+the+90th+Fighter+Squadron+and+Air+Craft+Maintenence+Unit+prepare+an+F-22+for+combat+in+a+90th+FS+hanger,+August+20,2012.+The+F-22+into+combat+(1).jpg

SU-30 hangers
Vietnam+Air+Force+Su-30+MKV+fighter+jet+aircraft+r77+73+4+12+aa+bvr+aam++(1).jpg

look at the roof clear sheets for sun shine used here in Awacs hanger
C-295%2BAEW%2B1.jpg

they are as any other airforce hangers sir jee there is huge difrrence between hangers and bunkers .

we can see here other air forces hangers .they are not for defence but as shelter only .maximum you can expect water proof shelters .

look at the hanger of world most expensive jet . a 9mm bullet can even penetrate in it
Lockheed+Martin+F-22+Raptor+twin-engine+fifth-generation+supermaneuverable+fighter+aircraft+stealth+technology+United+States+Air+Force+A+B+C+D+%25283%2529.jpg

The+Airmen+from+the+90th+Fighter+Squadron+and+Air+Craft+Maintenence+Unit+prepare+an+F-22+for+combat+in+a+90th+FS+hanger,+August+20,2012.+The+F-22+into+combat+(1).jpg

SU-30 hangers
Vietnam+Air+Force+Su-30+MKV+fighter+jet+aircraft+r77+73+4+12+aa+bvr+aam++(1).jpg

look at the roof clear sheets for sun shine used here in Awacs hanger
C-295%2BAEW%2B1.jpg

None of those Air Forces and Countries have Taliban targeting their Air Assets, @Imran Khan. :azn:
So they can make do with those "tin-sheds".

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom