What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Not disputing what a serving ACM said, but then why the reports last year about 1 or 2 RPG hit aircraft?

The person whom most people here take has the gospel truth, AVM Shahid Lateef was the first one to say that a RPG hit an aircraft near the Nose. And eyewitnesses from the village reported fire, claim further backed up by fire tenders moving into the base...

You are a intelligent guy, do the math.

BTW, the above article hasn't quoted anybody or given any lijk, the only quote regarding this was from Sec Def, whose statement was quire contrary to the above.

Anyways, we have had this before, so let's agree to disagree without taking shots at eachother...

As of now, nobody has any proof to back up his claims, and my source is as good as the other guys's and so on...

There were some who "destroyed" one and damaged another, then there were some who "destroyed" the entire fleet :D

Believe me..all these Rumours were spread by the Civilians living in Kamra colony and that aftar Party statement by Defence secretary..
Official statement By armed forces hasn't changed since Day one.

Believe me..all these Rumours were spread by the Civilians living in Kamra colony and that aftar Party statement by Defence secretary..

Correction, Defence minister at Iftar party said that no aircraft was destroyed and only nose cone had damage...Kamra colony I don't know about that, but I guess their rumors were that the Saab was destroyed. So two opposite statements?

Official statement By armed forces hasn't changed since Day one.

It's been ever evolving, now they have done the best thing, keep quite...and have a total clampdown.

brothers of zdk-03
1359870803_66123.jpg

last year there were three birds in service, the number now stands at 6

I am sorry, that is a 'report ' in a newspaper not an official release by the paf hence can someone, someone on site with high credentials like h khan, Mr shahmim, windjammer etc confirm the truth regarding the awacs/aewc assets.

The briefing of members of the committee was held behind closed doors. The word 'destroyed' in various articles should not be taken as the plane completely destroyed. Also keep in mind that journalist in our media have bad track record of reporting defence a.k.a technical related issues.

Irony, they can build a large hanger for a 80 Million AWAC. but didnt bother to build a proper hanger for a 300 Million dollar AWAC which were parked in an open shelter until the day of Attack.

Irony, they can build a large hanger for a 80 Million AWAC. but didnt bother to build a proper hanger for a 300 Million dollar AWAC which were parked in an open shelter until the day of Attack.

Irony? Well, lets just say it's "curious" -- Almost as if they had issued an invitation to what we call "the terrorists" - God only knows what those who refused to protect these call them.

where did u get these costs?

that my friend is total and utter B.S.

all Saabs were parked inside proper hangers, the likes of which u see above in the karakarum eagle pic.
infact one of the saab hanger is huge, so huge that it can house three saabs simultaneously and it was this hanger that was hit and the rpg rocket was only able to penetrate the hanger as the hanger door was open 1/3 of the way to make way for the fuel bowser.
furthermore all saab hangers are climate controlled.

the pics we see of the saabs parked in "open sheds" are the pics of the flight line and not of actual hangers that house the awacs.
all this confusion has been circulated by over zealous kids who cant differenciate their hind side from their front.
i hope that clears the confussion.

where did u get these costs?

Janes Report which said Pakistan will buy four AWAC from china at a price of 278 Million dollar and In recent parliamentary briefing Sec Def and Additional Sec Def quoted price of 250-300 Million dollar per AWAC and Initially when deal was signed for Saab, Media reports quoted 1.3 Billion Dollar.

Back
Top Bottom