What's new

Pakistan's acquisition of the U-214

Any news if the deal has been finalized ?

A news has been posted in the thread "India objects the U-214 deal". The authentication of that report is still to be verified.

German foreign affairs secretary arrives today
By Sajjad Malik

ISLAMABAD: German State Secretary for Foreign Affairs Reinhard Silberberg is arriving in Pakistan today (Monday) to discuss mutual cooperation in various sectors.

Diplomatic sources said his visit was a follow up the earlier state visit by German Foreign Minister Dr Frank Walter Steinmeier in October last year, when he announced broad German support for Pakistan to achieve economic stability and peace and security.

They said Germany had promised support to Pakistan on short and long-term basis in the economic and the social sectors, especially in health and education.

The German official would hold formal talks with his Pakistani counterpart, Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir, in the Foreign Office. He would also call on Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi. He might also meet the president and the prime minister.

Pakistan had already proposed to initiate Pak-German strategic dialogue at the foreign secretary level to institute closer cooperation, which would help upgrade bilateral relations and increase mutual cooperation in diverse sectors.

Pakistan would like German support in seeking greater market access to the European Union, as Germany was Pakistan’s largest trading partner in the EU.

Pakistan was also keen to strengthen defence ties, and discussions were already going on to buy submarines to buttress Pakistan’s navy.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

ooo bhai some show some pics plz, read 9 pages of the board, but could`t find one

f2eb41fb64bcaa812715ae5b99298fc6.jpeg

0ed1682714491e8a4e8a5c3d5313ddcf.jpg

10ba2a7d11a05135d3c60d2508d8079b.jpg

Here are some pics I could find for you. Hope you like them.

Attachments

• f2eb41fb64bcaa812715ae5b99298fc6.jpeg
    f2eb41fb64bcaa812715ae5b99298fc6.jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 0ed1682714491e8a4e8a5c3d5313ddcf.jpg
    0ed1682714491e8a4e8a5c3d5313ddcf.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 15
why didnt pakistan tried for U212 they were more advanced and more stealth features??
they have demagnetized hull and are the most silent subs in the world thous one of the most advanced!!

infact the U214 although a different system is sometimes reffered to as the export version of U212, but U212 are also available for sail!

why didnt pakistan tried for U212 they were more advanced and more stealth features??
they have demagnetized hull and are the most silent subs in the world thous one of the most advanced!!

infact the U214 although a different system is sometimes reffered to as the export version of U212, but U212 are also available for sail!

do a bit more research because your question has been answered alot of time just alone in defence.pk. try other forums aswell..
to cut long story short. u212 is only available to germany and italy due to their close ties but that does not mean u214 sucks. infact u-212 would suck in deep ocean due to its soft hull desing which means it can only dive no more then 300 meters while u-214 can go 450+ meters deep. and btw U-214 is a further development of u-212.

this is 212 or gotland but not 214
only the first pic with german flag is 212 while the rest pics are U-214

Turkey and Pakistan will further improve the U214 with better sonar, electronics, combat management, etc. I also expect some MTCR-compliant SLCM to be developed in the near future. The IDAS missile was also marketed at IDEAS 2008, so our U214s may have anti-air capability in the future.

Seniors
Here i have question can we make more Agosta 90b more,if we want to make more,Are we need more hulls from France.

if we can not then why say that we have indigenous submarine building capability

By jehangirhaider
Here i have question can we make more Agosta 90b more,if we want to make more,Are we need more hulls from France

to add, if we can make agosta, we should i think try to raise funds and make two more.

five agosta along with three U212 will be enough to keep us floating for another 20 to 25 years.

any news if the U212 will be carrying abilities to launch missiles.
the sea launch cruise missile is under development

Seniors
Here i have question can we make more Agosta 90b more,if we want to make more,Are we need more hulls from France.

if we can not then why say that we have indigenous submarine building capability

we dont need hulls but engines in order to make more augusta's

for more go to DCNS website and search for agosta 90b pdf document regarding pakistan

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom