What's new

Pakistanis give Rs 650b in charity every year: study

A great service you and your organization have done to the community and deserves praise. This World needs more people like you. My best wishes to you. :)
Also the leader of
521206991_640.jpg

is
Hafiz-Saeed_FIF.jpg

618011-hafizsaeedbalochistanearthquakeAFP-1381752308-951-640x480.jpg

i know you would oppose him but i have witnessed his work with my own eyes fif went where nobody was doing relief work

Also the leader of
521206991_640.jpg

is
Hafiz-Saeed_FIF.jpg

i know you would oppose him but i have witnessed his work with my own eyes fif went where nobody was doing relief work

Yes I disagree with his ways. He has given hate speeches against India in public and not just that but openly asked for Jihad, or holy-war against India.He is terrorist declared by the UN as well. While he may be doing humanitarian work in Pakistan, that does not discount for his other deeds.

Yes I disagree with his ways. He has given hate speeches against India in public and not just that but openly asked for Jihad, or holy-war against India.He is terrorist declared by the UN as well. While he may be doing humanitarian work in Pakistan, that does not discount for his other deeds.
I trust his organization cuz its the only ngo i see during floods and quakes all the other only work at easily accessible areas

That is a blanket statement, not all of them have black money but most of them could have lol.

Don't remind me of tax, every year government takes certain part of your salary to provide you services, build schools, hospitals, maintain roads etc but only if the money is used for that. In sub-continent that is used to maintain the army of ministers and bureaucrats and their dogs.
I was trying to compare the amount. Its no brainer that spending even same amount on charity (instead of tax) is helpful for me.

1. I feel good that I can make visible difference. I know f-16 is bought using my tax or a road being build but it does not feel same.
2. the money will also make my afterlife smooth.

The question is do I end up saving money and still feel good about it?

I pay about 30% income tax and about 14% in service tax. That is 44% of my income. Then I pay consumption tax which is sales tax+ vat which comes to additional 12 to 25%. You can never equate taxes to Charity. Charity is voluntary, Taxes are not.
lets talk about income tax only(for comparison), other taxes are paid by everybody. Income tax is the one you can avoid if you try.

I trust his organization cuz its the only ngo i see during floods and quakes all the other only work at easily accessible areas

You are right from your point of view to trust this organization. I will not refute that.

Perhaps there are no other organization in Pakistan who can work in such a scale. I will still appreciate it's work within Pakistan.
It's a weird World that we live in. It's the same person who is directing humanitarian work in Pakistan and terrorism in India. So, you see my point there. Nonetheless, you keep up the good work.

I think there is a lot unaccounted money for Pakistanis... Any shopkeeper you meet would give away a significant portion of his income to beggars... It's like 5-10 rupees to every 1 out of 3 beggars from each shop and there are many beggars passing through the bazaars of Pakistan.

Also the female beggars roaming around the residential areas tend to demand for more and often seen my people giving away 50-100 rupees to different selected beggars. Such money can never be accounted as nobody would actually come to know about it

That explain why there are mosques and madaris increasing day n night. Why molvis associated with madaris are richer thn othrrs and owns big cars..

Also the leader of
521206991_640.jpg

is
Hafiz-Saeed_FIF.jpg

All the terrorists bloom under the shadow of good intentions. I dont doubt that 99 % of donation reaches to the disposal of terrorists.

some good works are only the cloak on reality.

That is a blanket statement, not all of them have black money but most of them could have lol.
Sorry my bad....Just my thoughts came out faster than I could "adjust them to be palatable"

All the terrorists bloom under the shadow of good intentions. I dont doubt that 99 % of donation reaches to the disposal of terrorists.

some good works are only the cloak on reality.
Some good work ?
They have the second biggest ambulance service after edhi in Pakistan

lets talk about income tax only(for comparison), other taxes are paid by everybody. Income tax is the one you can avoid if you try.

IF you don't show no income then you can avoid paying income tax. But, if you are declaring all your income then you can only take deductions nothing more. I do take maximum permissible deductions and still end up with about 15% tax.
May be you can give me tips if you have any.

We are one of the most charity giving nation although massive percentage still doesn't pay zakat. Pakistan needs to channelize this and those really rich should help families getting established for example give some rickshaws to power or get women poverty struck houses designing and sewing training so they can produce good clothes and also finance education so poverty can reduce.
It's zakat upto a certain limit after that it becomes sadqah. So what you are saying is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom