What's new

Pakistani Sikh grateful that his elders stayed in Pakistan in 1947.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed muslims from many parts of India had to go/chose to go to Pakistan. But from the perspective of Sikhs, they faced a lot of violence in Pakistan. How could they stay back. The gentleman thanks his forefathers for not moving to India. Dear, there were many hundreds of thousands who wanted to stay back but they were uprooted. I wish him all the best but he should know that he was one of the lucky ones who could afford to stay back. The vast majority had to unfortunately leave.

Good for the gentleman, he is good citizen of pakistan.
But I am not sure how the status sikhs in pakistan matches that in India. In India, they are not only normal citizens, they are leaders in many fields.
And taking into account partition, he should thank God that his elders COULD stay in pakistan.

If they had sided with muslims and became part of Islamic Repubic of Pakistan, they would have remained ordinary citizen only, technically having less rights than muslims. The fact that punjab would have been with pakistan would not help THEM in any way.

I'm also happy that my maternal grandparents (Christians) and Paternal grandparents (Muslim) migrated to Pakistan in 1947. They got out when they had the chance and everyday I thank them for that.

The jaziya, killing and all the stories are an absolute lie ...as the Pakistani Sikh (below) appeals to Indian govt and media to not to lie and say BS..btw Pakistan's ex Chief Justice "Justice Rana Bagwandas" was a hindu so u people can't just claim that non-muslims don't get high posts in Pakistan

....sikhs have happily lived in Pakistan and Afghanistan for centuries and many sikhs in Pakistan are even local Pushtun sikhs

This is a Pakistani Sikh's answer (as posted earlier) and appeal to Indians to not to create fake stories about jaziya, murder of Pakistani Sikhs

Last edited by a moderator:
Kanpati pe bandook rakhi ho to Pakistan ke gun hi gaaye ga bechara...

^^since pakistan was formed in the name of islam, i dont see a reason why sikhs would have chosen paksitan?

Pakistan wasn't formed in the name of Islam, it was a country made for the Muslims of British India.

But once created, the nation was not going to have any distinction between caste, creed or religion, everyone would have been known as a Pakistani and Pakistani alone.

This was the idea but the anti-Pakistan Mullahs hijacked the nation.

But don't worry, we will have a Non Muslim leader one day, this was the dream and it will be fulfilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom