What's new

Pakistani Rupee Hits 185 Against 1 USD.

HttpError

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
As the title suggests 1 USD is now equivalent to 185 PKR do you think we will hit 200 PKR before Eid or After Eid?

If the government changes as people expect it to, then what is the expectation from public with respect to currency value? Do the supporters of the opposition expect the $ value to give back to less than 150 ?

If the government changes as people expect it to, then what is the expectation from public with respect to currency value? Do the supporters of the opposition expect the $ value to give back to less than 150 ?

I'll support opposition if they can get back PKR below 100.

This is not possible in near future. I don't think Pakistan can even borrow enough for that. You should have more reasonable expectations or will be disappointed :agree:

I won't.

Never in my entire life I knew the difference between local and imported stuffs. Now I do. Imported ones got more expensive and domestic ones a little bit. Now, I'm just buying locally made goods. And to my surprise, they are not that bad in quality. Ofcourse, in some cases, high valued dollar did screw my budget, oil being one thing, and car being another. My body builder brother is cursing everyday because his favourite imported protein shake is now more expensive(lol). Another friend has trouble buying his favourite imported perfume and now he's buying local ones or chinese ones.

Another friend has trouble buying his favourite imported perfume and now he's buying local ones or chinese ones.
Interesting to see the you do not consider Chinese goods as imported. Come to think of it, Pakistan has an FTA with China. Depending on the terms, quite a bit of Chinese goods may be available without tariff in Pakistan? 🤔

Interesting to see the you do not consider Chinese goods as imported. Come to think of it, Pakistan has an FTA with China. Depending on the terms, quite a bit of Chinese goods may be available without tariff in Pakistan? 🤔

There are three different kind of goods available in Pak:
- Imported
- Chinese
- Pakistani

Chinese goods are imported, some of them are locally manufactured/assembled and some are not even Chinese but Pakistani calling it Chinese. May be it's an FTA thing, may be it's related to easier access of Chinese goods in Pak compared to other imported imported stuff or may be it's some other reason. I dunno.

That's not going to happen. SBP reserves are dangerously low after the payment of nearly 3 Billion USD to China last week at around USD 12 Billion. Out if the 12, 1.5 Billion are parked with SBP by Saudi Arabia and UAE each, add to that the Oil we are procuring on deferred payments it is an abysmal financial situation. Imran Khan further dug a grave for the incoming Government by not increasing the petrol prices according to situation which has put additional load on the already massive 2.5 Trillion rupee circular debt.

On top of it all, Imran's lies may have an impact on our relations with our biggest donors and debt holders. The incoming Government will have to go to IMF ASAP for a big bailout failing which we may default in 6-8 months and become another Sri Lanka!! PTI has been the worst experiment and the establishment is staying neutral because it has realized what damage they caused the country with the experiment. Holding rupee under 200 will be a miracle. I doubt anybody will be able to do that now.

Back
Top Bottom