What's new

Pakistani Pilots Trained To Fly Qatari Rafales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should IAF worry about Pakistani pilots 'flying' Qatar's Rafale jets?
By Justin Paul George April 11, 2019 10:48 IST
qatar-rafale-dassault.jpg
A Qatar Emiri Air Force Rafale | Dassault Aviation

Indians woke up on Thursday to see fresh uproar on social media over the Rafale fighter deal, triggered by a seemingly 'minor' detail in a two-month-old news report.

Aviation International News reported in February about the delivery of the first of 36 Rafale fighter jets for the small Gulf sheikdom of Qatar. In addition to giving details about the weapons, sensors and cost of the Qatari Rafale contracts, Aviation International News also described the training aspects. Aviation International News reported, “The first batch of pilots trained for Qatar in November 2017 were Pakistani exchange officers.” The Indian Air Force's first Rafale will be delivered in September this year.

The snippet was purportedly displayed on a Pakistani defence website on Wednesday and was promptly picked up by journalists and other social media users in India.

Dr.Jitendra Awhad

✔@Awhadspeaks

https://twitter.com/Awhadspeaks/status/1116081759723118594

First Rafale Handed Over to Qatar .... And the will be flown by pakistani pilots #modi wanted to keep the #Rafale a top secret and #Qatar buys #Rafale at 1/3 of indian price
India probably getting a gold studded cockpit so the cost increased https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2019-02-13/first-rafale-handed-over-qatar …

9:53 PM - Apr 10, 2019 · Thane, India
Twitter Ads info and privacy

First Rafale Handed Over to Qatar
The Qatar Amiri Air Force has formally accepted its first Dassault Rafale, while training of personnel is being undertaken n France.

ainonline.com

74 people are talking about this

Taking to Twitter, Jitendra Awhad of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) taunted Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his government keeping the Rafale contract price a “top secret” even as Pakistani pilots were flying the aircraft for Qatar.

Not surprisingly, the uproar will lead to scrutiny over the likely impact for the Indian Air Force over Pakistani pilots getting knowledge about the Rafale from Qatar.

This is significant as the Qatar Emiri Air Force has ordered many of the same weapons the Indian Air Force has. Qatar signed a deal for 24 Rafale fighters and associated weaponry and training, worth approximately $7 billion, in May 2015. An additional 12 jets were ordered in December 2017.

Air Recognition, part of a group of websites based in Belgium, reported in 2015 that the weapons for Qatar's Rafale jets would include 140 Scalp cruise missiles, 300 MICA medium-range air-to-air missiles and 160 Meteor long-range missiles. All three weapon types have been ordered by the Indian Air Force.

Aviation International News reported Qatar's Rafale jets would use an American laser-targeting system and an Israeli-origin helmet-mounted display system (HMD). The Indian Air Force is also seeking an Israeli HMD for its Rafale jets!

One of the main arguments used by the Narendra Modi government against releasing pricing and technical details about the Rafale deal has been the purported need to protect the fighter's capabilities, including 13 'India-specific' enhancements. While the claim that Pakistani pilots are flying Qatar's Rafale fighters is likely to lead to questions, history shows this kind of partnership is hardly surprising.

Pakistan has had very close relationships with the oil-rich sheikhdoms of the Gulf for decades. Gulf states such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Bahrain have all hosted Pakistani military personnel.

In February 2018, it was reported approximately 1,300 Pakistani military personnel were deployed in Saudi Arabia. Pakistani pilots helped establish the modern Royal Saudi Air Force, even flying missions against Yemeni intruders in 1969.

The Express Tribune, a Pakistani publication, reported that 627 Pakistani personnel, including 462 from the Pakistan Navy and Air Force, were deployed in Qatar in February that year. The report added nearly 300 additional personnel could be deployed to Qatar for “training and advisory” roles.

In 2017, it was reported the Qatari government had requested Pakistani military assistance for security preparations for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

It's not just European-origin weaponry that Pakistan has indirect access to. The Indian Air Force's current mainstay fighter is a version of the Su-30 supplied by Russia and fitted with Indian and foreign enhancements. However, Pakistan's main strategic ally, China, also operates over 200 fighters that are based on the Su-27 and Su-30. This includes at least 24 Su-35 jets, which features a more advanced radar and engine than the Indian Air Force's Su-30MKI.

In September 2017, media agencies reported that a senior Pakistan Air Force officer had flown in a Chinese J-11B fighter. The J-11B, an indigenously built variant of the Su-27, participated in an exercise involving the air forces of Pakistan and China.

ALSO READ
Foreign pilots getting access to a fighter—as in case of Pakistani personnel training on Qatar's Rafales—will get to understand its aerodynamic characteristics, electronics and capabilities of weapons. These may include factors like the range and capabilities of the radar, acceleration of the fighter and its 'turn rates', which would be decisive in gaining an edge in close combat and its visual and radar signatures. Such information is used by adversaries to modify their training and countermeasures capabilities and also develop new tactics.

However, many countries use customised communication and electronic warfare systems to ensure capabilities adversaries are unaware of, in addition to fitting indigenous weapons. THE WEEK reported in November 2017 the Indian Air Force has sought “radar enhancements that will provide better long-range capability” for its Rafale jets.

Geopolitical compulsions will ensure Pakistan remains a close ally to the Gulf sheikdoms, which will also give it access to modern weapons, many of which are being considered by India. For India, this necessitates a commitment to furthering indigenisation and maintaining superior training practices.

as expected , French Ambassador in India denied the news , by the way we all knows why he denied .
Isn't we ?????? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I definitely remember reading somewhere that Air Commodore Kaiser Tufail used to fly F1s for Qatar.
Well, as air force kids will testify @Knuckles ..
postings aren’t splattered all over the news and any employments after retirements arent recorded for clips either. So there are cases where certain individuals with particular skillsets end up in lucrative jobs after retirement..

What was the news regarding interaction with the MKM? And why was it blown out of the sky? I'm surprised the Indians were able to exert such influence on Malaysia.
MKM was a few backseat rides and interactions with their pilots.
MKI was blown out of the sky recently per reports.

Indians did provide key training to RMAF pilots.

Best thing is that since we are able to control develoopmet of Thunder as required, getting an imntimate knowledge of the Rafale sytstems will help us to counter them.
SPECTRA is one such system that I would want PAF to be able to counter. If we are able to programme the Software on the Thunders to identify and ignore the jamming ghosts that would be great.

Best thing is that since we are able to control develoopmet of Thunder as required, getting an imntimate knowledge of the Rafale sytstems will help us to counter them.
SPECTRA is one such system that I would want PAF to be able to counter. If we are able to programme the Software on the Thunders to identify and ignore the jamming ghosts that would be great.
true its just Spectra which make Refale better than JF-17 block-3. PAf have to counter this and Qatar is certainly a good opportunity for that. May b thats the reason we still importing costly LNG from Qatar :)

And what proof would satisfy you as i have posted the link to the news.

As per France government... it is a fake news... but I feel that it is not...

I know some of us have a personal grudge against the PAF for giving verdicts which may have not suited some personally but a reminder is none the less required that it's not PAF making these claims, the news may have been picked up and published by the English Aviation journals now but same was reported by several Arab sources back in 2016.

https://www.elmwatin.com/137998

http://www.alshouranews.com/1649281

Given the relationship between PAKISTAN & Gulf... I would not be amazed if PAF have access to EFs too...

Well, as air force kids will testify @Knuckles ..
postings aren’t splattered all over the news and any employments after retirements arent recorded for clips either. So there are cases where certain individuals with particular skillsets end up in lucrative jobs after retirement..

MKM was a few backseat rides and interactions with their pilots.
MKI was blown out of the sky recently per reports.

Indians did provide key training to RMAF pilots.

We Indians know the level of cooperation between Pakistan and other Gulf countries... plus Turkey... so, this news does not shocked me... Honestly...

Please help us in getting the details of second pilot... we are eagerly waiting for his nationality... If he is Indian, we will be thankful to Pakistan... and will teach a lesson to current government for hiding such a great sacrifice by our fallen HERO...

Per reports (in India)... he was flying a F 16 and has died as STATELESS ACTOR... like someone in Kargil...

As per France government... it is a fake news... but I feel that it is not...

Given the relationship between PAKISTAN & Gulf... I would not be amazed if PAF have access to EFs too...

We Indians know the level of cooperation between Pakistan and other Gulf countries... plus Turkey... so, this news does not shocked me... Honestly...

Please help us in getting the details of second pilot... we are eagerly waiting for his nationality... If he is Indian, we will be thankful to Pakistan... and will teach a lesson to current government for hiding such a great sacrifice by our fallen HERO...

Per reports (in India)... he was flying a F 16 and has died as STATELESS ACTOR... like someone in Kargil...
denial is expected from french as its matter of looting more than 25 billion dollars from poor indians with the help of modi

This is not the first time same thing happened with Mig-21 long time back. Now next Pakistani jets will be a Rafale counter get ready

Its totally Fake news i m with Modi ji 56" waly .Bhai lainy du ussay lamba chona lagayaa hai Modi ny india ko compare it with first rafale agreement(also they skipped the very good F 21 deal ) .Modi India main bait kar Pakistan ki sewa kar raha hai karny du

denial is expected from french as its matter of looting more than 25 billion dollars from poor indians with the help of modi

Denial was expected... I also agree on that...

But you should come out from the shadow of Propaganda Disbursement Machines... let me put some FACTS...

1. Rafale deal is of 7.8 billion euros... for 36 jets...
25 billion dollars is 3times the ACTUAL COST

2. we have chosen to BUY Rafale Jets... instead of EF or SU or SH...
It was the IAF which wanted to BUY Rafale... and UPA government has shortlisted it...

3. Even after paying 7.8 billion... we Indians are far far away from BEGGING... We can handle such expenses from OUR OWN RESOURCES... Without credit line or loans...

4. Before you drag toilets... we are spending $8.6 billion on SWACCH BHARAT MISSION... and I personally know 30+ villages which are ODF now... post 2014...
Open Defecation Free

Denial was expected... I also agree on that...

But you should come out from the shadow of Propaganda Disbursement Machines... let me put some FACTS...

1. Rafale deal is of 7.8 billion euros... for 36 jets...
25 billion dollars is 3times the ACTUAL COST

2. we have chosen to BUY Rafale Jets... instead of EF or SU or SH...
It was the IAF which wanted to BUY Rafale... and UPA government has shortlisted it...

3. Even after paying 7.8 billion... we Indians are far far away from BEGGING... We can handle such expenses from OUR OWN RESOURCES... Without credit line or loans...

4. Before you drag toilets... we are spending $8.6 billion on SWACCH BHARAT MISSION... and I personally know 30+ villages which are ODF now... post 2014...
Open Defecation Free
brother yes i knew current deal cost is only 7.8 billion, but remember India will purchase 112 more fighter jets as per MRCA tender and as per sources Refale is front runner for that. So its certainly the matter of more than 25 billion dollars :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom