What's new

Pakistani navy ship docks in Yangon on goodwill visit

Population wise, buddy. Its almost 10 times. Pakistan's population is , if i recollect, around 180 million, and India has over 1.2 Billion.
technically 6.6 times, but hey, who's counting.

Thanks, Sir. Never really knew the depth till now. Just amazing. Talk about shear tenacity....

PAF pilots have also faced off and shot down a number of Israeli aircraft during Israeli Arab wars. The air defenses of Damascus during the 73 war were laid out of Pakistani fighter ace MM Alam.

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/08/01/229723.html
Have Jet — Will Travel: The Story of Saiful Azam, Fighter Pilot | militaryhistorynow.com
Muhammad Mahmood Alam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The shear fact that Pakistan Air Force had the tenacity and gall to engage the Soviet Union just impresses me. While many countries in Europe and developed world would have wet their pants to engage the Soviet Union, a Superpower, Pakistan Air Force did so early on in Afghan-Soviet War. Even Soviet-backed India did not engage Pakistan during that period (Afghan-Soviet War), due to the fact that the Pakistan Army would have inflicted massive damage to Indian Army , irrespective of Indian Army's numerical advantage.

Damn impressive.

well for us it was critical situation ( Afghan War ) , but yes i do agree that we confront USSR , with much aggression ..
PAF has a lot of success stories in all three wars , 65 , 71 and Afghan war .....

and now things are completely change , in modern warfare numbers dont matter much , all you need a good strategy , and good weapons and technology to give a huge blow to your enemy ..

technically 6.6 times, but hey, who's counting.

You're right @That Guy , thanks for the correction.

PAF pilots have also faced off and shot down a number of Israeli aircraft during Israeli Arab wars. The air defenses of Damascus during the 73 war were laid out of Pakistani fighter ace MM Alam ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Mahmood_Alam )

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/08/01/229723.html
Have Jet — Will Travel: The Story of Saiful Azam, Fighter Pilot | militaryhistorynow.com

Sir, i need to really brush up on my Middle Eastern and South Asian history now, im so embarrassed that i never even knew about this. Thanks for the link !

well for us it was critical situation ( Afghan War ) , but yes i do agree that we confront USSR , with much aggression ..
PAF has a lot of success stories in all three wars , 65 , 71 and Afghan war .....

and now things are completely change , in modern warfare numbers dont matter much , all you need a good strategy , and good weapons and technology to give a huge blow to your enemy ..

Aha! Now, presently, no army would dare invade the country because Pakistan is a nuclear power. Who wants to be glassed , right? lol

:lol:

Excellent !

Here's another one:

10th Baluch Regiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7th Rajput Regiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

15th Punjab Regiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

44th Airborne Division (India) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A bit offtopic:

During the Malayan Campaign, the Indian III Corp fought the 25th Imperial Army, the shear tenacity of the III Corp was seen during the Battle of Singapore where a regiment of the III Indian Corp fought against the crack unit -- the Imperial Guards' Division , considered the best in the Imperial Army.

When the British Army gave the signal to surrender, the III Corp did not follow, instead, fought to the bitter end. For almost a whole day the III Corp kept back the Imperial Guards Division from taking the city, and ended in hand to hand combat. Many of the III Corp were Baluchs, some were Punjabi, and some were Rajputs.

The Imperial Guard Division suffered great casualties. It was so severe that Gen. Tomoyuki Yamashita, lamented upon seeing the dead soldiers (Indian and Japanese) and said, "With soldiers like these, one can conquer the world."

He was making reference to the British policy of using Indian soldiers throughout the British Empire and beyond.

I would like to add ....one of the fiercest warriers of world.... From the Gallipoli campaign in WW2 to Afghanistan (Royal Gurkhas)

Gorkha regiments (India) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unfortunately My ancestors fought Japanese...in Burma campaign.... and Everyone knows How bravely Japanese fought.... Specially in the last phase of WW2...

outnumbered and outgunned with very limited Ration and Ammunition nobody can forget the Battle of IWO Jima....

I heard some Japanese never surrendered till 1970s ....and hidden in Philippines...

Excellent !

Here's another one:

10th Baluch Regiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7th Rajput Regiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

15th Punjab Regiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

44th Airborne Division (India) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A bit offtopic:

During the Malayan Campaign, the Indian III Corp fought the 25th Imperial Army, the shear tenacity of the III Corp was seen during the Battle of Singapore where a regiment of the III Indian Corp fought against the crack unit -- the Imperial Guards' Division , considered the best in the Imperial Army.

When the British Army gave the signal to surrender, the III Corp did not follow, instead, fought to the bitter end. For almost a whole day the III Corp kept back the Imperial Guards Division from taking the city, and ended in hand to hand combat. Many of the III Corp were Baluchs, some were Punjabi, and some were Rajputs.

The Imperial Guard Division suffered great casualties. It was so severe that Gen. Tomoyuki Yamashita, lamented upon seeing the dead soldiers (Indian and Japanese) and said, "With soldiers like these, one can conquer the world."

He was making reference to the British policy of using Indian soldiers throughout the British Empire and beyond.
3rd Corps apart from Rajput rest were Pak units (Baluch and Punjab)... Meanwhile 44th was a mixed one.

I would like to add ....one of the fiercest warriers of world.... From the Gallipoli campaign in WW2 to Afghanistan (Royal Gurkhas)

Unfortunately My ancestors fought Japanese...in Burma campaign.... and Everyone knows How bravely Japanese fought.... Specially in the last phase of WW2...

outnumbered and outgunned with very limited Ration and Ammunition nobody can forget the Battle of IWO Jima....

I heard some Japanese never surrendered till 1970s ....and hidden in Philippines...
Meanwhile we prefered to die rather than fight agains the Turks .. Rebellion of Singapore , Defections at Gallipoli to the Turkish side... Or against the Indonesians (where Pak soldiers defected to the Indonesian side and fought against the imperialists).. Out of those almost 1000 soldier only a handful came home and were awarded by the Indonesian premier!

P.S: Majority of the British indian army came from what is now Pak.

Last edited:

outnumbered and outgunned without very limited Ration and Ammunition nobody can forget the Battle of IWO Jima....

South Asian soldiers gave Japanese Army our worst military defeat in the Battle of Imphal. It was, by far, our greatest and absolute military catastrophe. Over 53,000 crack soldiers of the Imperial Army were annihilated by the British-Indian 14th Area Army.

In that battle, from Japanese accounts, Sindhi , Baluchi, Pathan, Rajput, Sikh and Gurkha soldiers used their swords in hand to hand combat. It was, perhaps, the most brutal battle the Imperial Army fought, aside from Iwo Jima and Battle for Philippines.

Even the Imperial Army did not suffer such catastrophic losses in battle against the Chinese from 1937-1945. 53,000 of Japanese most battle hardened soldiers were killed.

So yes, we have a lot of respect for Indian and Pakistan soldiers.... :P

Bastille day celebrations 2014- France:

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom