What's new

Pakistani mega hit film ‘'Waar'’ | Reviews & Discussions.

As far as movie is concerned Its a propaganda and i don't have any problem with it coz its a movie and meant for entertainment but it sucks when director and ur media says that its based on real life incident. and its pathetic that they showed in movie that raw is sponsoring terrorism in Pak such is retarded pakistani mentality

Have you seen the movie? Oh wait, you haven't, it has only been watched in Pakistan. Yet you are still here talking about a Pakistani movie on a Pakistani site. Obsession much?

As far as Indian intervention in other countries go. Sirbjhhit Singh an Indian state actor, illegally entered Pakistan, mass murdered 11 innocent civilian Pakistanis, and this mass murderer is celebrated as a hero among Indians. This is the garbage mindset of Indians.

Indians support BLA, which fights against Pakistan and Iran.

Indians violate LoC, to kill innocent Pakistani Kashmiri civilians on our side, as if Indians haven't killed innocent Kashmiris in their occupation. In reply our army kills Indian soldiers and Indians go crying all over the place.

Not to mention how India sponsored proxies in the region against innocent countries like Sri Lanka, and devastated that poor country for decades.

This is what India is known for.

Also Indians make bollysh1t movies against Pakistan all the time, but no body gives a fck about them. Those are intellectual failures and border line soft ****. Two qualities, Quite reflective of Indian culture.

Last edited:
"I Didn't Want to Play Safe with Waar": Bilal Lashari | Interviews | Masala! - Bollywood Gossip News, Indian Celebrities & Pictures

It's being pegged as the film that's changing the fortunes of the Pakistani film industry. There was already a huge buzz aroundWaar, an action-thriller and patriotic drama starring Shaan, Meesha Shafi, Ali Azmat, Shamoon Abbasi and Ayesha Khan, even before its release on 16 October 2013. However, no one expected it to be such blockbuster after it hit theatres. It has not only broken records in Pakistan but is also being hailed as a milestone in the industry. Its young director Bilal Lashari is naturally thrilled, albeit a bit overwhelmed by the reaction from the local as well as international press. A graduate of the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, USA, Bilal has directed music videos for top Pakistani bands earlier though Waar is his first feature film. We chat with him on the stupendous success of Waar and how challenging it was to break set rules and create something new.

Congratulations on the huge success of Waar. Have the box office numbers surprised you or were you expecting it?Frankly, I did expect the movie to do well. Right from the beginning, the idea was to go the extra mile and create something unique. Of course there are a lot of challenges in making a film like this and giving it an international look and flavor. Most people were of the opinion that to make a successful film you need to have the commercial elements – the naach gaana, local flavor etc. However Waar didn’t have any of these elements yet it clicked. The success is way beyond what we expected. I think the previous benchmark for the box office was about 10 crore but Waar crossed 18 crore in its fourth week.

How and when did you get the idea of making Waar?Producer Hassan Rana (who has also written the film) got me on board. Creatively I had a lot of control. The idea was to make a patriotic, pro-Pakistan film. And we decided that not just in content but even the technical terms like cinematography, music and script would get top-notch treatment.

Do you think the patriotic genre is a safer bet?Not really. The hype that Waar got was essentially from one Facebook upload which didn’t tell you much about the film. I wouldn’t call Waar a safe bet, a safe bet would have been to go through the commercial route! This film was far from it and had a completely different look and treatment.

Weren’t you apprehensive of the risks when you started the project?For me, it seemed the right thing to do. The Pakistani film industry was almost dying despite sticking to the “formula”. So I thought why should we play safe? Why not break the rules for a change?

What were the biggest challenges while making the film?The biggest challenges were garnering resources. There is no working infrastructure in Pakistan for good filmmaking. Just getting the visual effects in place was a mammoth task. And this film had about 300 visual effects. We were doing something that hadn’t been attempted before. It took a lot of work and time.

Another surprising aspect is that the film has worked with the audience despite it being in English for most part. How did you cross the language barrier?It was definitely an area of concern but I decided to go with my instincs. The script was essentially in English. Of course certain relevant parts are in Urdu, especially the conversations between the politician to his countrymen or the commander to the soldiers. Other scenes were in English but it’s interesting to note how language never posed a barrier.
Waar is basically a visual film with no heavy dialogues. The buzz about it started when the first trailer that had no dialogue but only visuals and music, went viral. The trailer looked so international that language became secondary. It’s not a difficult film to understand so people found it easier to accept despite the liberal use of English. Having said that if I were to remake it, it would probably add more Urdu to the script! However, the strategy to use English has worked with the international audience.

Waar was highly anticipated movie even before its release. How did you plan the marketing?The distributor and media company took care of the marketing aspect. Actually, the hype started because of the trailer. The one Facebook upload of the trailer received 150000 hits. People started talking about the film and soon it went viral. The scale was hugely encouraging for us. I would say, social media and Facebook in particular made a huge difference to creating a buzz.

Personally what kind of films do you enjoy watching? Do you follow Bollywood?Not really, I don’t watch much of Bollywood though I was very impressed with 3 Idiots. I have grown up on Hollywood cinema and my sensibilities got further cemented when I went to film school in America. I must have seen Back to the Future about 50 times! I know all the dialogues by heart! Later on, I was fascinated by movies like Forrest Grump. My dad (Kamran Lashari) is a bureaucrat and he used to be posted to different towns, hence we moved a lot during my childhood. There wasn’t much to do in these towns except watch movies.

What’s your next project?Well, I want to spend time with my family! It’s my first film and my first experience of dealing with this kind of attention! I was used to being in a room with a computer... so this is crazy! I have started working on a new project with a new team. But this will be a 180-degree shift from what I have done so far.

Kashmir was.., is, and always will be an integral part of India. Infact it belongs to Kashmiri pandits who were dragged out of the kashmir by muslims. You are shameless people
Muslims are worse then Britishers were muslims destroyed this beautiful country called India.

we made ur country beautiful.. only thng tourist came to see in india was TAJ .. we made it .. umayun's Tomb, Fatehpur Sikri, Red Fort, Agra Fort we made it .. we united india... india was more secular when muslims ruled it ... we united and captured whole india made it beauiful and powerful .. i.e. we ruled for 8 centuries

Kashmiri pundits run away when ur army invaded a muslim state and due to their brutality muslim population got angry at pundits.. pundits were safe before u invaded kashmir

Its pakistanis who are living in delusion

As for your Islamic lecture let me tell you Islam is nothing but a false religion fabricated by your prophet for fools like you. Only uneducated and irrational people like you believe in Islam. Coz you fear hell and hell fire(yeah i have read quran) not coz you love your so called allah.
educated people like u drink cow piss and worship stupid looking animals... u know why people all around europe converting to islam ..not hindism becuase ur religion is stupid and make no sense..

I have heard this so myself. The movie is set to be released in 20 countries, and according to some European news channel, some western countries are showing interest in getting the rights to this movie so they can show it in their cinemas.

From what I understand, if Indians want to watch it. They can if they want too. If certain elements of the movie hurt their butts to much, then the director is ready to compromise with the censorship board of India, for the Indian release.

Dude....at least for the sake of your ego ....you guys should request your director not to release in India..It will help you in the long run...Because if the movie is released in modified or removing anti India version....then of course in India people will watch any good movie....But it will have a different interpretation in your industry....It is like your Pakistan cricket board...Inspite of BCCI is causing trouble to your board, still then your board is always eager to help BCCI becuase of market.....And the moments Pakistan fils get the charm and money of Indian market...the movies that will be built by your people will always try to minimise the anti India content in your movies....Or in other way around it will try to movie in same sync like Bollywood script so that the big market of Indian audience like it....

So for the sake of your own movie industry to flourish, you should not allow your movie to any way depend in the Indian market...This is my though from a rational point of view.

Indians support BLA which fight against Pakistan and IRAN. Not even Iran is safe from Indian backed proxies. India even used proxies against an innocent small country like Sri Lanka. This is what India is known for.

Kashmir is not part of India, Kashmiris have made it clear in these last 65 + years. Indians are in denial and delusions, because reality is to harsh for them. Whole Kashmir shuts itself down in protest when ever high level Indian official enters Kashmir. Indians kill Kashmiri when they speak for their homeland. Indians even violate LoC to kill innocent Kashmiri civilian on Pakistan's side. This is what Indians do, because India is invader of Kashmir. In reply, Pakistani army, with Pakistani Kashmiri soldiers in uniform, exchange fire and kill Indians invader soldiers... Then Indians go around crying with their butt all hurt.

India is a chronic pain in the subcontinent.

You need pooty training.

Relax....We may be a problem for others...but again...every one love himself...So also we...Indian think about what is good for them in spite of being a villian in your eyes...It is a quite expected behaviour...

Releasing on following Cinemas in Middle East, Including Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ajman, RAK, Fujaira, Sharja, Alain, Muskat, Qatar, Behrain and Kuwait

1477943_578315545574342_1752186517_n.jpg

@Jungibaaz

Waar will be released in UK on 11th December ie tomorrow.

Atif Aslam went to watch “Waar” Bilal Lashari’s debut film.

Atif Aslam was in Islamabad, he also went to Centaurus Mall. For those who don’t know, Centaurus is like Islamabad’s first and largest shopping mall that was built last year. He went there to watch Waar Bilal Lashari’s debut film. When the movie finished Atif was the first one to stand and applaud for Bilal Lashari for his amazing movie and when the national anthem was played in the movie, Atif sang it with the loudest voice. He then went to funcity and played a few games and tried the rides. Then he went to Tutti Frutti in the food court and enjoyed the fruity ice cream and surveyed the shops. Atif Aslam with Ismail Eshai (Manager operations funcity)

Atif Aslam went to watch “Waar” Bilal Lashari’s debut film. | Atif Aslam Online Website Beta

Last edited:

Stars of Pak blockbuster 'Waar' coming to Dubai to meet fans

By
  • Showbiz Correspondent

Published Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The star cast of ‘Waar’, Pakistan’s biggest blockbuster and highest ever grossing film will be coming to Dubai to meet their fans in the UAE.

The actors will greet their fans on Thursday 12 at Dubai's Global Village. A local FM radio station, Suno 102.4 FM, will be hosting the event on stage from 8:30pm.

Fans from Pakistan can interact with the cast of the film around the same time.

The film, which has seen great success in Pakistan, received a lot of attention from critics overseas for its special effects, cinematography, and sound design as well as the story line.

‘Waar’- which means ‘to strike’ in English - is currently the highest grossing film of all time in Pakistan and the first film from the country that is planning an international release

Stars of Pak blockbuster 'Waar' coming to Dubai to meet fans - Emirates 24/7

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 | 12:01 a.m.

Pakistani movie Waar to release in Dubai
By Jamil KhanDecember 09, 2013

DUBAI: Waar, Pakistani movie, is all set to release on Dec.12, where the movie actors will grace the red carpet at the Grand Cinema, Wafi City.

According to well-placed sources of the local cinema organisers, the much anticipated movie from Pakistan will be shown in a number of cinemas all over the UAE. “The red carpet and the premier will be attended by the prominent Lollywood actors including the film cast, Shaan, Shamoon Abbasi and pop singer Ali Azmat along with the Waar director Bilal Lashari,” according to the source.

The movie, Waar (strike) was released all over Pakistan on Eid Al Adha this year (Oct.16), and within the first three days it grossed a record of Rs40 million at the box office.

Waar, the high budget film is made by the prominent director Bilal Lashari, who is known for his successful videos of the country’s prominent singers. The film is based on true incidents between the years 2009 to 2012, mainly focusing on the terrorist activities by insurgents and the Taliban, resulting in Pakistan’s nightmare-war on terror — which claimed thousands of lives all over the country.

Shaan plays the lead role as a retired Army officer. Joining him are some of the country’s finest actors from the silver screen as well as the film industry like Shamoon Abbasi, Meesha Shafi, Ayesha Khan and Ali Azmat. The filming was carried out in Lahore, Islamabad and Swat valley besides a couple of shoots in Turkey and in Italy. The production was finalised by one of the country’s state-of-the-art studios.

gulftoday.ae | Pakistani movie Waar to release in Dubai

December 10, 2013 | Safar 6, 1435

“Waar 2” and “Delta Echo Foxtrot” set to release in joint venture

MOHAMMAD KAMRAN JAWAID
52a41d8a91212.jpg

Salman Iqbal, President ARY DIgital Network and Hassan Rana, CEO Mind Works Media, signing the joint venture MOU at the occasion. - Courtesy Photo
Published 2013-12-08 12:32:08

KARACHI: In another of the headline grabbing motion picture associations to hit the domestic cinema market in under a month, media giant ARY Films has entered into a joint venture agreement with Mind Works Media to produce “hi-octane” Pakistani movies.

The joint venture, which was held at ARY’s Medina City Mall offices, launched “Delta Echo Foxtrot”, an actioner of “courage, sacrifice, passion and patriotism” set to release in 2014, and “Waar 2” the sequel of the immensely successful “Waar”.

“Waar 2” will be helmed by “Waar’s” producer and writer Hasan Rana, and is set to be shot in Pakistan, U.K., Russian, Turkey and Yugoslavia with “national and international superstars”.

At the occasion Mr. Salman Iqbal, President and Founder, ARY Digital Network said “After the super success of Waar and the sound relationship that we have developed with Mind Works Media, it is natural for both companies to bring their expertise together for even bigger and better movies. The fans of Pakistani cinema have proved that if we make a good film, they will watch and appreciate it”.

Commenting on the occasion Dr. Hasan Rana said that “We want all projects to be game changers and we want to push ourselves to the very edge of what is possible. We hope that we can come up to the expectations which the people of Pakistan have with us”.

This is the third association ARY Films has cemented in the last year, making it one of the biggest and the most versatile Pakistani cinema game changers in the last decade. The company’s other associations includes a collaboration with Mandviwalla Entertainment focusing on tent-pole commercial feature films, an indie unit “The Platform”, and the recent partnership with Riaz Shahid Films to produce a slate of four motion pictures.

“Waar 2” and “Delta Echo Foxtrot” set to release in joint venture - DAWN.COM

Waar 2 is officially in the making – The Express Tribune

Last edited:
Prominent Filmmaker offered Bilal Lashari a Blank Cheque | Reviewit.pk

Prominent Filmmaker offered Bilal Lashari a Blank Cheque
Nida Zaidi November 19, 2013

Launching himself as a real talented director of Pakistan, Bilal Lashari is enjoying a sharp edge of popularity and appreciation for his flawless direction of movie ‘Waar’. The movie has broken all the previous records in Pakistani Cinemas and even after so many days of its release, the film is still ruling the box offices.

Bilal Lashari has been offered to direct a movie by one of the leading filmamkers who has even given Bilal a blank cheque which he said, will be filled by Bilal himself. The afilmmaker further said that he is ready to pay this new director any amount which he chooses for himself. Bilal Lashari has accepted the offer as per the news revealed.

Bilal-Lashari-614x198.jpg

Moreover, it has been found that Karachi based four popular celebrities, too, are looking forward to finance Bilal to make him direct movies, offering a considerable package.

Waar has surely opened a new chapter in the revival of the Pakistani film industry.

We wish him all the very best for his future endeavors.

Blessings,

Prominent Filmmaker offered Bilal Lashari a Blank Cheque | Reviewit.pk

Prominent Filmmaker offered Bilal Lashari a Blank Cheque
Nida Zaidi November 19, 2013

Launching himself as a real talented director of Pakistan, Bilal Lashari is enjoying a sharp edge of popularity and appreciation for his flawless direction of movie ‘Waar’. The movie has broken all the previous records in Pakistani Cinemas and even after so many days of its release, the film is still ruling the box offices.

Bilal Lashari has been offered to direct a movie by one of the leading filmamkers who has even given Bilal a blank cheque which he said, will be filled by Bilal himself. The afilmmaker further said that he is ready to pay this new director any amount which he chooses for himself. Bilal Lashari has accepted the offer as per the news revealed.

Bilal-Lashari-614x198.jpg

Moreover, it has been found that Karachi based four popular celebrities, too, are looking forward to finance Bilal to make him direct movies, offering a considerable package.

Waar has surely opened a new chapter in the revival of the Pakistani film industry.

We wish him all the very best for his future endeavors.

Blessings,
wow thats a big thing.

wow thats a big thing.

Yes. I hope Mr Bilal Lashari directs his own movie now. He won't be directing waar 2. Waar has set the current trend in movie making, and it seems the bench mark budget is now 20 coror, about 1-2 million dollars.

Back
Top Bottom