Pakistani man kills his sisters because they chose their husbands

Dzz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
listing

It is the latest “honour killing” in the country.

A MAN KILLED his two sisters on the eve of their weddings in Pakistan’s central Punjab province, police said today, in the latest case of so-called “honour” killings in the country.

Kosar and Gulzar Bibi, aged 22 and 28, were shot dead by 35-year-old brother Nasir Hussain yesterday as they prepared to marry men they had chosen themselves, senior police officer Mehar Riaz told AFP.

Hussain objected to the love matches and had wanted the women to marry someone within the extended family, he added.

“The brother shot dead both the sisters yesterday and fled the site,” the officer said, adding that a search was underway.

“It is a simple case of killing for honour,” he said.

Father of the family Atta Mohammad told reporters that Hussain had “destroyed everything”.

“He ruined my family, he destroyed us, he destroyed everything” Mohammad said.

The murders came days after social media starlet Qandeel Baloch was strangled to death by her brother who said he was “not embarrassed” to have killed her, reigniting calls for action against the crime.

Hundreds of women are murdered by relatives in the conservative Muslim nation each year on the pretext of defending what is seen as family honour.

Pakistan’s law minister this month announced that bills aimed at tackling “honour killings” and boosting rape convictions would soon be voted on by parliament, after mounting pressure to tackle a pattern of crime that claims around 1,000 lives a year.

The perpetrators of so-called honour killings – in which the victim, normally a woman, is killed by a relative – often walk free because they can seek forgiveness for the crime from another family member.

http://www.thejournal.ie/honour-killing-pakistan-2903310-Jul2016/

If i am wrong...plezzz correct me....

I thik honour killings are related to Islam.

Under sharia law, as understood by most islamic clerics, parents and grandparents may not be punished for killing their children or grandchildren.

Similarly they have the right to forgive anyone else who kills their child. This makes it almost impossible to stamp out honour killings. Whenever attempts are made to change such laws, the clerics object. And they have huge public support for that position. It’s the same in many muslim majority countries and areas.
Nope parents do get arrested for honour killings and who told you they are legal?
http://www.awaztoday.pk/News_Senate...ing-bill-into-law_1_55233_Political-News.aspx

If i am wrong...plezzz correct me....

I thik honour killings are related to Islam.

Under sharia law, as understood by most islamic clerics, parents and grandparents may not be punished for killing their children or grandchildren.

Similarly they have the right to forgive anyone else who kills their child. This makes it almost impossible to stamp out honour killings. Whenever attempts are made to change such laws, the clerics object. And they have huge public support for that position. It’s the same in many muslim majority countries and areas.
@waz @Horus @Oscar Take care of this misguided person...!

Nope parents do get arrested for honour killings and who told you they are legal?
http://www.awaztoday.pk/News_Senate...ing-bill-into-law_1_55233_Political-News.aspx

I read this some where in sharia law it allows....latest you Mufti Kifayatullah, a leader of the Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam, a religious party, accepted that some Islamic laws were being misused to protect killers. But he said any reform attempts would be resisted..

I can give u the link...but i have no permission for this....

But i agree with u....u know much better then me.....

listing

It is the latest “honour killing” in the country.

A MAN KILLED his two sisters on the eve of their weddings in Pakistan’s central Punjab province, police said today, in the latest case of so-called “honour” killings in the country.

Kosar and Gulzar Bibi, aged 22 and 28, were shot dead by 35-year-old brother Nasir Hussain yesterday as they prepared to marry men they had chosen themselves, senior police officer Mehar Riaz told AFP.

Hussain objected to the love matches and had wanted the women to marry someone within the extended family, he added.

“The brother shot dead both the sisters yesterday and fled the site,” the officer said, adding that a search was underway.

“It is a simple case of killing for honour,” he said.

Father of the family Atta Mohammad told reporters that Hussain had “destroyed everything”.

“He ruined my family, he destroyed us, he destroyed everything” Mohammad said.

The murders came days after social media starlet Qandeel Baloch was strangled to death by her brother who said he was “not embarrassed” to have killed her, reigniting calls for action against the crime.

Hundreds of women are murdered by relatives in the conservative Muslim nation each year on the pretext of defending what is seen as family honour.

Pakistan’s law minister this month announced that bills aimed at tackling “honour killings” and boosting rape convictions would soon be voted on by parliament, after mounting pressure to tackle a pattern of crime that claims around 1,000 lives a year.

The perpetrators of so-called honour killings – in which the victim, normally a woman, is killed by a relative – often walk free because they can seek forgiveness for the crime from another family member.

http://www.thejournal.ie/honour-killing-pakistan-2903310-Jul2016/
There is no such killing acceptable in Islam! By such method
But look who is talking
Hindus don't gv right to women for second marriage
If she marries then she has to live with that man for entire life
Isn't it a crime as,living as dead for rest of life ?

There is no such killing acceptable in Islam! By such method
But look who is talking
Isn't it a crime as,living as dead for rest of life ?
What? Any Indian women has the right to get a divorce and remarry. Indian laws are not governed by any religion, unlike the Islamic Republic of Pakistan

More importantly why are you bringing brining me and hinduisum into this thread ?
@Oscar
Derailing the thread

Who told you that?

There are lakhs of divorce cases in every court.

Who told you women are not allowed to re marry?
There are plenty of second marriage profiles for Indian women online.
Have you heard of cricketers Venkatesh Prasad and Anil Kumble? - both married women who were already married once.

Back
Top Bottom