What's new

Pakistani Hindus | All Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan did have 22% hindu population and 25% non-muslim population. The white part of Pakistani flag represents the 25% of the entire flag.

But most 20% of the non-muslims were living in East Pakistan. After 1971, Pakistan became a 95% muslim and 5% non-muslim.

Today its nearly 98% muslim due to the high muslim birthrate and low non-muslim birth rate.

Agreed.. But the figures are controversial.

As I said even today if some Bihari would come to Karachi he would get legal status much earlier than a Pakistani hindu who migrated to India two years ago. Rest govt isn't interested in air lifting hundreds of thousands of people but they won't ship them back either. :)

What does Pakistan citizenship laws say about them. living in India for certain period is mandatory to get citizenship. Also, Sindhi have official language status so getting citizenship become more easy.

^^^ Once a troll always a troll.

still looks like a exodus,

"behaving weird as they always been" OK, that explains it, then it is fair to kidnap thier daughters, burn their shops, harass them, and finally when they give up and want to leave claim that they are RAW agents.

Any one who has a problem with PAK must be a raw agents.

never fair, whatever the faith.
and would hate it if the answer is given with a counter accusation.

by the way

Sindh is the only place where there is no racism or religious exploitation. take Mirpur Khas for example about 20% is Hindu population that is very prosperous. if Hindus face some sort of feudal exploitation then thats not because of their faith but just because thats what the feudal lords do. normally poor Sindhi Harris face that and to the feudal lord it doesnt really matter what faith they follow.

please accept my apologies for the Raw agent jibe. and please forgive me to highlight the similar practice by Hindu extremists in India who see Indian Muslims with the same suspicion, Baal Thakery calls them "Harra Sanp, green snake". just to be politically correct here, I will mention Saudi authorities as well who see the Saudi native Shia's as Iranian agents and sell outs.

Go ask Owaisi if he believes in secularism or even tolerance. He doesn't and people who are aware of how things happen in his backyard - the old city - will know that. No need to be tolerant to the intolerant.

Dude frankly you are high on the utopia weed. Things in India might look all rosy and idealistic sitting in UK, but no.

The Razakar thugs for example must be dumped into the bay of bengal at the first given opportunity.,

Your resolve to secularism is tested when somebody like owaisi tries to polarize people based on religion. He has done nothin illegal.
Your dedication to rule of law is tested when you allow kasab to have a fair trial, which is his right.

These are the stuff which separate men from boys(in this case a mature democracy vs a nascent one), and I am glad that we have arried on world stage as mature democracy where rule of law is followed, no matter which way the public opinion swings.

BTW, I also want the purohit to have fair trial too, in my personal opinion he is guilty but that should not matter at all.

so basically you are not condemning the buddhists of burma for killing them,but condemning a country thousands of miles away who has nothing to do with the conflict?

The point here is 'proof'.....one cannot have logical argument based on mere claims...
Like the OP tried to use a claim as the proof and got busted....

Ofcourse the Burma incident is deplorable.....but it is far from genocide....and your fellow Muslim brothers were shouting 'jihad against Myanmar' based on this false propaganda....
So you understand the importance of 'proofs' I hope.....

Your fellow countrymen logically wanted proof of the figures I provided....and I gave it....
Like this you need to ask for proof of any claim made even by your own countrymen or fellow Muslims......not ONLY from others/opponents...

are they releasing it ^ on national TV to boost piousness quotient in the holy month of Ramdaan.

Trolls dont know how to use the search option..Multiple threads running on the matter and a sticky...

never fair, whatever the faith.
and would hate it if the answer is given with a counter accusation.

by the way

Sindh is the only place where there is no racism or religious exploitation. take Mirpur Khas for example about 20% is Hindu population that is very prosperous. if Hindus face some sort of feudal exploitation then thats not because of their faith but just because thats what the feudal lords do. normally poor Sindhi Harris face that and to the feudal lord it doesnt really matter what faith they follow.

please accept my apologies for the Raw agent jibe. and please forgive me to highlight the similar practice by Hindu extremists in India who see Indian Muslims with the same suspicion, Baal Thakery calls them "Harra Sanp, green snake". just to be politically correct here, I will mention Saudi authorities as well who see the Saudi native Shia's as Iranian agents and sell outs.

One of our users 'Somebozo' even started a thread to this effect when he visited the Shi'ite dominated areas of KSA a while back and he didn't see any signs of discrimination or any sense of being discriminated by the locals !

But if one is to be honest - In Pakistan we do have the tendency of viewing them as the 'others'; if I were a Hindu or a Christian this would hurt me more than any amount of mugging could. I even remember working on a client (auditing them !) where we were discussing about the Zakat Deducted on Employees accounts and we asked them to give us contractual information for the sweepers so that we could determine whether Zakat Deductions were applicable to them or not and he replied 'Jeee aaap ko tou pataaa hee hai keh ye saarei kaaam tou Choorei hee kartei hain...Muslim sweeper mein ne tou kabhi nahin dekka !'.

P.S In case you didn't know 'Choorei or Choora (singular!)' is a derogatory term for Christians here.

The point here is 'proof'.....one cannot have logical argument based on mere claims...
Like the OP tried to use a claim as the proof and got busted....

Ofcourse the Burma incident is deplorable.....but it is far from genocide....and your fellow Muslim brothers were shouting 'jihad against Myanmar' based on this false propaganda....
So you understand the importance of 'proofs' I hope.....

Your fellow countrymen logically wanted proof of the figures I provided....and I gave it....
Like this you need to ask for proof of any claim made even by your own countrymen or fellow Muslims......not only from others/opponents...

Stick to the topic..Burma isnt the thread topic....

One of our users 'Somebozo' even started a thread to this effect when he visited the Shi'ite dominated areas of KSA a while back and he didn't see any signs of discrimination or any sense of being discriminated by the locals !

But if one is to be honest - In Pakistan we do have the tendency of viewing them as the 'others'; if I were a Hindu or a Christian this would hurt me more than any amount of mugging could. I even remember working on a client (auditing them !) where we were discussing about the Zakat Deducted on Employees accounts and we asked them to give us contractual information for the sweepers so that we could determine whether Zakat Deductions were applicable to them or not and he replied 'Jeee aaap ko tou pataaa hee hai keh ye saarei kaaam tou Choorei hee kartei hain...Muslim sweeper mein ne tou kabhi nahin dekka !'.

P.S In case you didn't know 'Choorei or Choora (singular!)' is a derogatory term for Christians here.

choora is a derogatory term...but does not amount to persecution...
there are dedicated seats in jobs and education for non muslim minorities...by law..

if muslims hated them so much,why legally protect their jobs and higher education opportunities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom