What's new

Pakistani Hindu families find it hard to settle in India

terry5

Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
No access to basic facilities, being treated as inferiors awaits immigrants once they cross the border

In search of greener pastures many Hindu families from Pakistan immigrate to India but the treatment they receive makes them realise that the grass is not as green as perceived, at the other side of the border.

Hundreds of Hindu families who left Pakistan in the past decade, allured by the Indian government’s promises of citizenship and work, have either been living in tent settlements in New Delhi or have returned back home due to the lack of access to basic services and the Indian government’s empty promises. One such family is that of Pyaru Shawani, a resident of Mithi, Tharparkar.

“I spent two years in India but my longing to go back to Pakistan eventually won. India is okay to live in when one is a guest but staying there permanently is a massive challenge,” informed Shawani, adding that there was no place like home. Faqiroo Khachi, who went to India along with his family and 46 other Hindus, moved back to Pakistan in December of 2020 and shares Shawani’s feelings.

“We went for a religious pilgrimage but our relatives in India forced us to stay back and start a new life. It was a dreadful experience,” recalled Khachi.

“We stayed in a tent settlement and everyone would refer to us as Pakistanis and look down upon us. Some would even call us terrorists because we wore shalwar kameez. Overall it was a dreadful time.”

While some like Shawani and Khachi do not put up with the treatment dished out to them, there are others who stay. As per data by the Indian Ministry of Home Affairs, more than 4,100 Pakistanis have received Indian citizenship in the past five years and many more are pending.

No access to basic facilities, being treated as inferiors awaits immigrants once they cross the border

In search of greener pastures many Hindu families from Pakistan immigrate to India but the treatment they receive makes them realise that the grass is not as green as perceived, at the other side of the border.

Hundreds of Hindu families who left Pakistan in the past decade, allured by the Indian government’s promises of citizenship and work, have either been living in tent settlements in New Delhi or have returned back home due to the lack of access to basic services and the Indian government’s empty promises. One such family is that of Pyaru Shawani, a resident of Mithi, Tharparkar.

“I spent two years in India but my longing to go back to Pakistan eventually won. India is okay to live in when one is a guest but staying there permanently is a massive challenge,” informed Shawani, adding that there was no place like home. Faqiroo Khachi, who went to India along with his family and 46 other Hindus, moved back to Pakistan in December of 2020 and shares Shawani’s feelings.

“We went for a religious pilgrimage but our relatives in India forced us to stay back and start a new life. It was a dreadful experience,” recalled Khachi.

“We stayed in a tent settlement and everyone would refer to us as Pakistanis and look down upon us. Some would even call us terrorists because we wore shalwar kameez. Overall it was a dreadful time.”

While some like Shawani and Khachi do not put up with the treatment dished out to them, there are others who stay. As per data by the Indian Ministry of Home Affairs, more than 4,100 Pakistanis have received Indian citizenship in the past five years and many more are pending.

Shalwaar kameez is pakistani culture, street shitters should stick to wearing skinny jeans

Goes to show if they treat Hindus of Pakistan like this, what would they do to Muslims or Christians or athiests?- whatever kinda Pakistani you are Muslim, Hindu, athiest, Cristian or any sect
There's only one Pakistan, one home, one ancestoral land, one motherland - let's work hard with dedication to make it the best version of itself instead of fighting each other, bickering over nonsense

Shalwaar kameez is pakistani culture, street shitters should stick to wearing skinny jeans

Goes to show if they treat Hindus of Pakistan like this, what would they do to Muslims or Christians or athiests?- whatever kinda Pakistani you are Muslim, Hindu, athiest, Cristian or any sect
There's only one Pakistan, one home, one ancestoral land, one motherland - let's work hard with dedication to make it the best version of itself instead of fighting each other, bickering over nonsense
That is positive attitude which is not there among your country men as noted from above comments. They are being called traitors for looking for better life. Most youth in your country are looking to migrate for the same reasons. For poor pakistan hindus, India is the only place they can migrate but they have to be prepared because you are just one in billion people. Resources are limited and it is rat race to succeed.

Atheism is pretty much accepted in Hinduism
there was a naastik (atheist) school of thought too. Hinduism is more of a way of life than just a religion.
Also from what I've seen (atleast middle class families) don't force their kids to follow a particular belief, you would be taught the customs from your birth but it's on you if you wanna follow em.
I'm agnostic, I go with the flow but right now don't believe in a higher power, my parents are chill about it I mean I follow the customs at times but don't really believe in it.
Also India has a mix of westernization and traditional culture not everything, everywhere at all times is the same.

Why the hell are these cockroaches being allowed back????
Because they still hold Pakistani passports. They have every right to look for better opportunities like every other person in your country. Many people initially who left for Pakistan returned back to India, because they found it tough to start a new life in Pakistan. Jinnah had the vision for a new country but he never envisaged the the bloodshed that would happen What you are still grappling are the vestiges of partition with your minorities having no stake and feeling isolated in their own motherland.

Because they still hold Pakistani passports.
Then it should be revoked, problem solved

It's a win-win for both sides anyway, Hindu rashtra is acting like one when it comes to Muslims by lynching them but ironically not when it comes to Hindus.

Almost as if it's a reactionary hate movement :D

Wapas aajao. Gaey hi kion thy tum log.

Back
Top Bottom