What's new

Hindu son, Muslim daughter argue over mother’s funeral in Hyderabad, police settle matter

iamnobody

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
An argument between two siblings and their families who practice different religions over the funeral of their mother late Tuesday night evoked mildly tense moments in Hyderabad’s Madannapet.

Sensing tension as people gathered at street corners, the local police swung into action and reached a congenial agreement after hours of verification of facts and documents, and consultation.
The incident occurred at the Darab Jung colony after the 95-year-old woman’s son and grandchildren, who lived in nearby Chaderghat, claimed rights over her funeral as per his Hindu religious tradition. The daughter, who converted to Islam two decades ago, objected to this, claiming that she had been caring for the ailing mother in the last 12 years and that her mother had also converted to Islam. The daughter, aged in her 60s, told reporters that the mother had accepted Islam and that it was her last wish to be buried as per their tradition.

“My mother was living with me for the last 12 years, and I have been taking good care of her even though no one else cared for her. I got her surgery done recently for Rs 5 lakh, and no one came to help. My mother said that no one would come asking for her after her death and that she be given final prayers and buried as per our tradition,” the woman said. After the crowding up of people from both communities on the streets over the death and last rites of the elderly woman, the police deployed forces there in the night.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (South East) Ch Rupesh denied any tension and said it was a family dispute that the police had amicably sorted out. As per the daughter’s preferences, final prayers were conducted at her home and the body was handed over to the son’s family for cremation as per their wish. “There is no tension. It is all within the family. The brother and sister have compromised,” the DCP told indianexpress.com.

The police held discussions with both sides of the family between 11.45 pm and 1.30 am and settled the matter by 2.30 am. According to the Madannapet police, the woman died of an age-related illness Tuesday evening. While one of her two sons is no more, she had been living with her daughter at Madannapet. “The daughter produced videos and documents to show that her mother had converted to Islam in January 2023. We verified all details, and following consultation with elders, the body was handed over to the son’s family for cremation after the daughter’s family conducted final prayers as per their traditions,” said B Janaiah, station house officer of Madannapet police station.

Dead Body Jihad @ @NagaBaba @jamahir

Last edited:
Nothing happens like this anywhere except in russia and its sister india russia is the rapist capital of the world india only two steps down

If the deceased was a man then muslim burial would be better, he will go to muslim heaven.
But if it's a woman then it's better to go to Hindu heaven..... If you know what I mean.

it looks like she is been cremated unfairly. If she was converted to Islam and her daughter who was the only cater for her confirmed it.. she should have been buried like a Muslim

it looks like she is been cremated unfairly. If she was converted to Islam and her daughter who was the only cater for her confirmed it.. she should have been buried like a Muslim
Women would like to go to Hindu heaven as @Jugger posted above. If it was a man, I had no objection. As a compatriot, I have a duty to recommend men and women to the right heaven keeping in mind their well-being in after life.

Women would like to go to Hindu heaven as @iamnobody posted above. If it was a man, I had no objection. As a compatriot, I have a duty to recommend men and women to the right heaven keeping in mind their well-being in after life.
You do realise, Women are given an equal amount of.....pleasure opportunities, just in case you didn't know

Muslims created a separate country for themselves. Why are they here?
Oh then what Gandhi eye for an eye and hinsaa bullshit is all about?
Why you indians are so confused about who you father is. Or perhaps have multiple fathers.
Also stop using all the civil sense, culture and architecture Muslims gave you. If you are so against Muslims.

Back
Top Bottom