What's new

Hindu son, Muslim daughter argue over mother’s funeral in Hyderabad, police settle matter

An argument between two siblings and their families who practice different religions over the funeral of their mother late Tuesday night evoked mildly tense moments in Hyderabad’s Madannapet.

Sensing tension as people gathered at street corners, the local police swung into action and reached a congenial agreement after hours of verification of facts and documents, and consultation.
The incident occurred at the Darab Jung colony after the 95-year-old woman’s son and grandchildren, who lived in nearby Chaderghat, claimed rights over her funeral as per his Hindu religious tradition. The daughter, who converted to Islam two decades ago, objected to this, claiming that she had been caring for the ailing mother in the last 12 years and that her mother had also converted to Islam. The daughter, aged in her 60s, told reporters that the mother had accepted Islam and that it was her last wish to be buried as per their tradition.

“My mother was living with me for the last 12 years, and I have been taking good care of her even though no one else cared for her. I got her surgery done recently for Rs 5 lakh, and no one came to help. My mother said that no one would come asking for her after her death and that she be given final prayers and buried as per our tradition,” the woman said. After the crowding up of people from both communities on the streets over the death and last rites of the elderly woman, the police deployed forces there in the night.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (South East) Ch Rupesh denied any tension and said it was a family dispute that the police had amicably sorted out. As per the daughter’s preferences, final prayers were conducted at her home and the body was handed over to the son’s family for cremation as per their wish. “There is no tension. It is all within the family. The brother and sister have compromised,” the DCP told indianexpress.com.

The police held discussions with both sides of the family between 11.45 pm and 1.30 am and settled the matter by 2.30 am. According to the Madannapet police, the woman died of an age-related illness Tuesday evening. While one of her two sons is no more, she had been living with her daughter at Madannapet. “The daughter produced videos and documents to show that her mother had converted to Islam in January 2023. We verified all details, and following consultation with elders, the body was handed over to the son’s family for cremation after the daughter’s family conducted final prayers as per their traditions,” said B Janaiah, station house officer of Madannapet police station.

Dead Body Jihad @ @NagaBaba @jamahir

She shouldn't have been cremated since it was confirmed that she converted to Islam

Never seen such a hybrid funeral before.

Let there be a "Ladaai ladaai maaf karo" compromise. Let the brother and sister take the mother's body immediately to USA and arrange for a Human Compositing for her. It is the best of all worlds :

Forced Convertion 4 months before death is questionable.

How do you know its forced?

presence of forced conversion is questionable.

I would like Mr. PikkuBoss to opine about some Westerners converting to Hinduism through the Hare Krishna movement.

Nothing happens like this anywhere except in russia and its sister india russia is the rapist capital of the world india only two steps down

Here comes a mullah with his hate for Russia because Russia has banned the Tableeghi Jamaat and because Russia was the initiator of the USSR which for Mr. Ali was a "godless hell". :lol:

Women would like to go to Hindu heaven as @Jugger posted above. If it was a man, I had no objection. As a compatriot, I have a duty to recommend men and women to the right heaven keeping in mind their well-being in after life.

1. Do you know if there is heaven and hell ?

2. What's so appealing to women about Hindu Heaven ?

I would like Mr. PikkuBoss to opine about some Westerners converting to Hinduism through the Hare Krishna movement.
Hare Krishna movement is a geopolitical religion, similar to Islam and Christianity, while Sanatana Dharma is a spiritual religion.

I don't know, I don't believe in Hell or Heaven. I believe in reincarnation. I am a follower of Sanatana Dharma, not Hinduism.

It does not matter who the body was disposed off. The soul has reached vaikuntha. Does not matter what happens after that. its only for the satisfaction of the people on ground.

Let there be a "Ladaai ladaai maaf karo" compromise. Let the brother and sister take the mother's body immediately to USA and arrange for a Human Compositing for her. It is the best of all worlds :

Here comes a mullah with his hate for Russia because Russia has banned the Tableeghi Jamaat and because Russia was the initiator of the USSR which for Mr. Ali was a "godless hell". :lol:

would you like your body to be disposed off - by being buried or by being cremated, once you have lived a long and fruitful life?

Last edited:
you don't force, at that age - mostly they just do what they are told. they are like babies.
Isn't that a generalization? I know of 90+ year olds of able mind and body. Why is there this assumption that if a Hindu becomes a Muslim, it is forced?

The son is despicable.

He didn't show up for a decade to help take care of his mother and now all of a sudden he cares about her?

Bullshit.

He's probably an extremist hindutva who's just pissed off at his sister's and mother's conversion.

Last edited:
Muslims created a separate country for themselves. Why are they here?

Nope Pakistani created a separate state,, Indian Muslims remained in their one India for all

They have their own lands and areas

Isn't that a generalization? I know of 90+ year olds of able mind and body. Why is there this assumption that if a Hindu becomes a Muslim, it is forced?
My Father is in his 80s, he's probably one of the smartest and healthiest people I know. He gardens everyday and is building a shed, all in his 80s.

He knows more about Iphones than I do, and I work in IT.

Muslims created a separate country for themselves. Why are they here?
That sounds like an India problem, not Pakistan.

It does not matter who the body was disposed off. The soul has reached vaikuntha. Does not matter what happens after that. its only for the satisfaction of the people on ground.

would you like your body to be disposed off - by being buried or by being cremated, once you have lived a long and fruitful life?

No no no

For a faithful Muslim,, this being burnt as a pagan is intolerable

If she had accepted Islam and the true path then all this idol worshipping should have been kept away from her

Last edited by a moderator:
I said most..

No no no

For a faithful Muslim,, this being burnt as a pagan shit is intolerable

If she had accepted Islam and the true path then all this idol worshipping nonsense should have been kept away from her
Ok.. watch your tongue on other beliefs.

If the deceased was a man then muslim burial would be better, he will go to muslim heaven.
But if it's a woman then it's better to go to Hindu heaven..... If you know what I mean.
Ideally, I should have deleted these posts as it is simply trolling. The women had nothing to do with whatever logic you were giving.
Women would like to go to Hindu heaven as @Jugger posted above. If it was a man, I had no objection. As a compatriot, I have a duty to recommend men and women to the right heaven keeping in mind their well-being in after life.
Having said that... the women would have still been better in Heaven of Muslims. It is guaranteed to be protected from all evil forces and only good will happen to them.

Your hindu heaven is captured/occupied by "Asur" rivals all the time and as per your textbooks, it's been ruled over by them over and over again. What's the point of living in heaven where your Gods are forced to leave every now and then? When your Gods are not safe there and running away from heaven, how will this ordinary woman be?

She is dead now, let her stay in peace

Back
Top Bottom