What's new

Pakistani flag and its heretic(pagan) roots

@WAJsal @Jungibaaz @Emmie @Horus

I would suggest to close this thread. Its mostly religious which is banned and has attracted rubbish theories about vedic and arabia which to call them nonsensical would be an understatement and quite frankly this thread makes absolutely no sense.

When we have a billion issues to solve, this isn't even an issue. Insecurity more like it like saying that in a country of 97% Muslims Islam is in danger if have DNA tests in rape cases as crucial evidence.

Nobody is worshipping the moon here but what is the big deal here? So what if Muslim empires and Muslim countries use the moon. Jeez. Its a symbol. Nothing more. Nothing less. Should we stop using fire just bcz the Zoroastrians worshipped fire and eternal fire.

Oh wait. The ISI mark is a maarkhoor which looks like a goat which is worshipped satanist who worship it so let's change that. In fact why have a national anthem when clearly music is haraam and poetry as well. Why use a pagan language like farsi?
Sir Gee Kal strike this ain't a goose chase either kindly get your facts straight,I may remind again Islam denounces symbolism which in this case is historically and religiously misleading.

There is no evidence to show that Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) hated Vedic religions but similarities between Islam and Vedic religions are unmissable.

I really wanna avoid religious debates. It's not relevant nor an issue.

The world is slowly moving towards some global religion unwittingly or wittingly.

Its just normal human evolution in process. The more we know the lesser educated we feel.

So just relax and enjoy life the way you think is right.

I really wanna avoid religious debates. It's not relevant nor an issue.

The world is slowly moving towards some global religion unwittingly or wittingly.

Its just normal human evolution in process. The more we know the lesser educated we feel.

So just relax and enjoy life the way you think is right.

I am more interested in historical point of view than religious point of view.

The star and crescent was a symbol used by the Eastern Roman Empire (see coin below)
byzantium_coin_sIbce.jpg

Upon conquering Constantinople in 1453, the Ottomans adopted the star and crescent as one of their symbols to emphasise that they were the new Roman Empire. One of the titles of the Ottoman Sultans was "Keysir i Rum". Subsequently the Empire emerged from a dominant regional player to the major Islamic Empire in the world controlling the holy cities of Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem. Upon the conquest of Mamluk Egypt, the Ottomans also added a new titles amongst their many others, namely Khulifa or the Caliphs of the Muslim world. At this point Ottoman symbolism increasingly became synonymous with Islamic symbolism which is why so many Islamic countries started modelling their fashion (fez hats) and flags (Tunisia, Pakistan, Azerbaijan etc) after the Ottomans. Its not some conspiracy but common knowledge as the study of history shows how the star and crescent became an "Islamic symbol". Why should it be changed when changing the symbol will serve no real purpose? When Muslims look at this symbol today they don't think pagan God I will worship. Rather they think of a great Muslim Empire.

Last edited:
I am more interested in historical point of view than religious point of view.

Well I am still stuck at how they built tge pyramids or who were nebatites or about Indus twins.

The temple in Angkor

Why focus on just islam is logistical as the only religion practically in practice.

The reason is because Abraham's religions are law giving while others only preach virtue and ethics.

The star and crescent was a symbol used by the Eastern Roman Empire (see coin below)
byzantium_coin_sIbce.jpg

Upon conquering Constantinople in 1453, the Ottomans adopted the star and crescent as one of their symbols to emphasise that they were the new Roman Empire. One of the titles of the Ottoman Sultans was "Keysir i Rum". Subsequently the Empire emerged from a dominant regional player to the major Islamic Empire in the world controlling the holy cities of Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem. Upon the conquest of Mamluk Egypt, the Ottomans also added a new titles amongst their many others, namely Khulifa or the Caliphs of the Muslim world. At this point Ottoman symbolism increasingly became synonymous with Islamic symbolism which is why so many Islamic countries started modelling their fashion (fez hats) and flags (Tunisia, Pakistan, Azerbaijan etc) after the Ottomans. Its not some conspiracy but common knowledge as the study of history shows how the star and crescent became an "Islamic symbol".

If you are engaging Rome in this than it works fine as a symbol of democracy.

I think the problem with some Muslims in the world is to be as pure as PBUH without realising one can never be like him nor live a life like him. Cos the time he lived was different to what we live now.
To saying that since he didnt have any symbol so we shouldnt have one doesnt make sense. When one lives as a country/ethnicity/religious identity its important to have symbols, words that covers as common aspiration points for the people. Viewing everything with religious glasses wouldnt help a country progress.

If not crescent then there would have been some other symbol.

The crescent is a pre Islamic symbol adopted by the Turkmens. The Ottomans used it as it was historical for them. It then became linked with Muslims. That's the way of the world. The Welsh have a dragon on thier flag, they don't believe in dragons though.

@WAJsal @Jungibaaz @Emmie @Horus

I would suggest to close this thread. Its mostly religious which is banned and has attracted rubbish theories about vedic and arabia which to call them nonsensical would be an understatement and quite frankly this thread makes absolutely no sense.

When we have a billion issues to solve, this isn't even an issue. Insecurity more like it like saying that in a country of 97% Muslims Islam is in danger if have DNA tests in rape cases as crucial evidence.

Don't ask to close unless its troll thread. Now one of them will come and close interesting thread in history section, nothing to do with million other issues for which we have separate sections.

I think the problem with some Muslims in the world is to be as pure as PBUH without realising one can never be like him nor live a life like him. Cos the time he lived was different to what we live now.
To saying that since he didnt have any symbol so we shouldnt have one doesnt make sense. When one lives as a country/ethnicity/religious identity its important to have symbols, words that covers as common aspiration points for the people. Viewing everything with religious glasses wouldnt help a country progress.

If not crescent then there would have been some other symbol.
Tbh Muslims are meant to follow the example of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) he was the best of examples for us.

You are right though, that doesn't mean we can't do something the Prophet didn't do as long as it is acceptable within the limits of Islam.

And the dome that you see on nearly all mosques was adopted from the Byzantines. The first mosque the Prophet (saw) built didn't have a dome, neither did the first house of worship for Allah Ta'ala, i.e. Ka'aba.

Why have Muslims now adopted a Christian (or pagan, pre Islamic etc) symbol/feature and worship under it?

simple really, because it was the flag of the All India Muslim League
and Mr Jinnah approved the flag himself
thats good enough for me
and if you change it at this point
then there will be a huge uproar
so better to leave it as is

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom