What's new

Pakistani aircraft violates Indian airspace in J&K

Pretty well versed in these shenanigans,

Where were your shenanigans when you were losing half your country 6 years later?

I don't waste time looking into inconsequential actions that provide little to no tactical value other that providing fodder for the domestic propaganda machine within pakistan. Plus, aircraft flying over each others' airspace in the border regions times of war is nothing uncommon. Flying recce over Islamabad during peacetime, however, it's a different story.

Where were your shenanigans when you were losing half your country 6 years later?

Did it hit the spot that hard?

I don't waste time looking into inconsequential actions that provide little to no tactical value other that providing fodder for the domestic propaganda machine within pakistan. Plus, aircraft flying over each others' airspace in the border regions times of war is nothing uncommon. Flying recce over Islamabad during peacetime, however, it's a different story.

Inconsequential as in this?

What, a small civil chopper straying into Indian airspace for 1 minute? You call that a warning?

Then what was this? A declaration of war?

1384321d1434869698-indian-aviation-mig-25-foxbat-indian-air-force-1-opening.jpg

http://vayu-sena.tripod.com/other-1997mig25-1.html

That's not how you conduct a warning flight...or even a proper reconnaissance mission. Most probably, the pilots on your aircraft lost their way. No need for you all to get excited about that.

Disregarding the fact that the whole Mig-25 event has been refuted on this very forum, how is it that an operation of such tremendous consequence was never repeated by India?

ps: Watch the video again, then another time, then another and maybe you'd realise that it was not during times of war. And also was not an exhibition of high altitude flying (out of enemy's reach) but instead a straight up in your face sort of a deal, you know, a proper warning flight.

My bet is that the said border violation didnt happen and reasons for that are below.

1: In peace time it would be quite foolish on part of Pakistan to send any flying object across the border in broad daylight and that too at peak sunny time. Night incursions are best suited for that purpose.
2: Given the present tense relations between the two countries Pakistan would have been fool to just land a bonanza in form a flying object, which can effectively be used by India against Pakistan on international level.
3: Who in the world sends out its flying objects across a hostile border for just 1 minute?
4: India had reportedly deployed quite robust air defence systems on that side of border and this very object should have been detected by any radar and aircraft should have been scrambled there and then even with this UAV entering no man's land. But nothing such happened and nor the radars reportedly picked anything.
5: Apparently the BSF jawan was waiting for the object to come back and only raised an alarm when it came back.
6: If any incursion had happened then India should have protested on official level. Havent heard anything like that till now.

On the contrary if this incursion had really happened then it wud be high time for the sensor operators etc which didnt detect hence didnt respond to this incursion.

Last edited:
Did it hit the spot that hard?

Learning to write one-liners is hardly a substitute for choosing not to read certain chapters of history

Inconsequential as in this?

Considering the fact that any such flight would have provided accurate, strategic imagery of the enemy's heartland from a bird's eye view at a time when satellites were not available, I do not see why it would be inconsequential. Unless "inconsequential" means something else on that side of the border.

Disregarding the fact that the whole Mig-25 event has been refuted on this very forum

I would believe the existence of Bangladesh has also been refuted on the forum? Seriously, man....

how is it that an operation of such tremendous consequence was never repeated by India?

Neither you nor me know exactly how many times such ops were conducted, what we know is little.

Furthermore, since the turn of the century we have acquired more sophisticated & survivable means of acquiring data & conducting photo-reconnaissance. If you look up in the sky, you won't see them. But they can see you.

RISAT1.jpg

13-7402-1-sml1.jpg

1%20foot%20SAR%20imagery.jpg

In short, we don't need to conduct an actual overflight to gather intel anymore. Tech has evolved.

ps: Watch the video again, then another time, then another and maybe you'd realise that it was not during times of war. And also was not an exhibition of high altitude flying (out of enemy's reach) but instead a straight up in your face sort of a deal, you know, a proper warning flight.

And what do you suppose the message of such an "in-your-face" PAF flight would be...?

"Don't mess with us or we'll force you to cut us in half....again !!"

Seriously dude...the last time you attempted something foolish like that, a lot of your personnel had to needlessly die. You should pray it does not happen again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantique_incident

13.jpg

Last edited:
Learning to write one-liners is hardly a substitute for choosing not to read certain chapters of history

Chapters of 'history' cooked in Indian kitchens and made a staple for the Indian populace? No thanks, I still retain a brain cell or two.

However,

https://defence.pk/threads/foxbat-over-pakistan-the-facts-fiction.441349/

Hardly expect you to digest any of it.

Considering the fact that any such flight would have provided accurate, strategic imagery of the enemy's heartland from a bird's eye view at a time when satellites were not available, I do not see why it would be inconsequential. Unless "inconsequential" means something else on that side of the border.

Refer above.

I would believe the existence of Bangladesh has also been refuted on the forum? Seriously, man....

Huh......? Is it persistent or does it lapse sometimes?

Neither you nor me know exactly how many times such ops were conducted, what we know is little.

Isn't it an Indian claim that the flight made super sonic passes over Islamabad scaring the whole city? Hardly a clandestine endeavour, or an Indian trait.

Furthermore, since the turn of the century we have acquired more sophisticated & survivable means of acquiring data & conducting photo-reconnaissance. If you look up in the sky, you won't see them. But they can see you.

RISAT1.jpg

13-7402-1-sml1.jpg

1%20foot%20SAR%20imagery.jpg

In short, we don't need to conduct an actual overflight to gather intel anymore. Tech has evolved.

So you needed just one. For all those years, you needed just one.

And what do you suppose the message of such an "in-your-face" PAF flight would be...?

"Don't mess with us or we'll force you to cut us in half....again !!"

Disregarding the fact that the flight preceded "the cutting in half" by about 6 years o_O..............and apart from the clear message that the PAF would eliminate about 4 times as many Indian aircraft (by the most conservative estimates), I believe it was the message the IAF heard vert clear and then adhered to as seen during the unopposed PAF flights over Pathankot and Kalaikunda. Dare I say, it could also have been prophetic.

Seriously dude...the last time you attempted something foolish like that, a lot of your personnel had to needlessly die. You should pray it does not happen again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantique_incident

13.jpg

I wouldn't blame you for trying to find solace in the downing of an unarmed aircraft in the middle of nowhere. I mean I can at least try to imagine the pitiful desperation you must've been after losing 2 combat aircraft and a helicopter only a few days before, we are neighbours after all. Which reminds me; Seriously dude...the last time you attempted something foolish like that, you had to needlessly lose 3 aircraft. You should pray it does not happen again.

https://defence.pk/threads/shooting-down-of-indian-migs-in-kargil.322749/
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/kargil-99.htm

ps: We sort of don't find any solace in shooting at unarmed aircraft, we don't need to salvage any pride. *Generic reference to penis size comparison*

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-pakistan-india-idUKTRE79M1PP20111023

The incident happened on Monday around 1.05pm when a Border Security Force (BSF) jawan noticed a small silver colour, six-wing aircraft entering the Indian airspace and flying back after one minute.

Better check this jawan's smoking habits, he is into some real sh*t ........ last time he had doubted stars (I think) for some satellite.

Chapters of 'history' cooked in Indian kitchens and made a staple for the Indian populace? No thanks, I still retain a brain cell or two.

However,

https://defence.pk/threads/foxbat-over-pakistan-the-facts-fiction.441349/

Hardly expect you to digest any of it.

Between the two, Pakistan is clearly the one who is a security state that suffers under military dictatorships every now & then. If feeding propaganda to the population is the topic at hand, Pakistan beats India hands down.

Huh......? Is it persistent or does it lapse sometimes?

Pak govt/army's ability to cook up & feed stories to it's people sometimes does lapse. However, the Pakistani population's gullibility to eat up any such baseless story however, is persistent. They have to find solace in something, don't they?

Isn't it an Indian claim that the flight made super sonic passes over Islamabad scaring the whole city? Hardly a clandestine endeavour or an Indian trait.

The fact that you wouldn't know about it unless we told you is clandestine enough. IAF had acquired the MiG-25 for the exclusive purpose of reconnaissance missions - if you choose to believe we used them only once in their decades of service, that's your choice. As I said, your gullibility is persistent and you have to find solace in lies.

So you needed just one. For all those years, you needed just one.

Refer above.

Disregarding the fact that the flight preceded "the cutting in half" by about 6 years o_O

I was referring to what such a flight would hope to signal in the modern day.

..............and apart from the clear message that the PAF would eliminate about 4 times as many Indian aircraft (by the most conservative estimates), I believe it was the message the IAF heard vert clear and then adhered to as seen during the unopposed PAF flights over Pathankot and Kalaikunda. Dare I say, it could also have been prophetic.

Damn, man. You choose to live in lies.

These theories have been debunked countless times and still you keep repeating the same old stories again & again.

> Attacker's advantage. PAF was the aggressor. They had the luxury of choosing where & when to attack, giving them an edge early on, India was merely defending.

However PAF did not have the capability to follow-up on such a move. Once PAF struck the initial blows (which were more like a football penalty, compensation for the fact that PAF would have wiped clean if IAF was the aggressor), you were continuously on the receiving end of the pounding - which ultimately resulted in PAF losing complete air superiority, and IAF securing the skies over EP.

The invasion of East Pakistan was a follow-up of a defensive move.

> The invasion itself. Here, you had defender's advantage. Prior knowledge that enemy's counter-attack is underway, and having the luxury of fighting us on your own turf. The sheer number of sorties we flew in CAS against your ground troops cannot be matched by the number of sorties PAF flew in similar missions in the 71 war and the 65 war combined. Flying into AA fire to support the land invasion, aircraft will be shot down. But we achieved tremendous results - we not only removed a half of your country from your control, we also tore the two-nation theory - the basis of the creation of Pakistan - to shreds.

> External support. Everyone knows Pakistan received numerous aircraft from other Muslim countries, ME, etc. with the blessings of US & UK. The combat records of these planes are unaccounted for - and there is little evidence of many of them ever being returned to their owners. What happened to them? Who shot them down?

IAF flew over 16,000 sorties. PAF flew less than 3,000 - most of which were initial strikes at the opening stages of war, after which PAF simply refused to fight and was silently taking it in. They even fled to Iranian air bases to seek refuge. There is documented evidence of this. Yes, that's a great way of avoiding losses.

At the other hand, the bulk of IAF's sorties were interdiction & CAS - the effort we put in to liberate Bangladesh. These missions also constituted the bulk of our losses.

Can you imagine how PAF would have fared if they tried to support PA to take half of India?? That's right, PAF would have been wiped from existence long before they were anywhere near such a goal.

No wonder then PAF is too sissy to support the Army - cuz such an operation will result in blows that PAF is too weak to withstand.

All you need to do is search for the truth instead of believing in lies. But will you? Or will you just reinforce my statement that Pakistani populace has a persistent gullibility for propaganda?

This is like Polish POWs locked up in concentration camps, trying to brag about how many Germans they killed - while they're whole country was run over by them!

When you lose the actual war, you HAVE to find solace in the little victories - exactly what you're doing now! However the tactical nature of these victories, and how they came to be, can be easily explained away and would only add to your collective shame should you decide to press the matter further.

I wouldn't blame you for trying to find solace in the downing of an unarmed aircraft in the middle of nowhere. I mean I can at least try to imagine the pitiful desperation you must've been after losing 2 combat aircraft and a helicopter only a few days before, we are neighbours after all. Which reminds me; Seriously dude...the last time you attempted something foolish like that, you had to needlessly lose 3 aircraft. You should pray it does not happen again.

It'd actually be a damn shame if you hadn't shot atleast a few aircraft - we were killing 100s of Pakistanis up in Kargil (again, a fight where you had the attacker's advantage).

ps: We sort of don't find any solace in shooting at unarmed aircraft,

You do seem to find solace in hijacking civilian aircraft though. Is it a Pakistani trait?

The Atlantique was a military aircraft on a military mission. We gave it warnings, it didn't respond. We shot it as per procedure & protocol. What would you do if one of our P-8Is or Global-5000 ISTAR aircraft flew into Pakistani airspace, not heeding any warnings or demands to land, happily collecting intel with it's sensors & radars, and then try to fly back to India?

You will throw flowers at it? You wouldn't have tried to intercept or shoot those MIG-25s if it didn't heed any warnings?

(Although in the Foxbat's case, it was more of a question of COULD you rather than WOULD you - that plane flew too high & too fast for any interceptor aircraft to catch up).

Pakistan's stance on the whole Atlantique incident is utter balderdash. That plane deserved exactly what came to it.

we don't need to salvage any pride.

Ofcourse you don't need to salvage pride - you have renounced it.

I mean, here is a glorious Pakistani baccha giving lectures about shooting unarmed aircraft...yet what did you do against armed US drones indiscriminately killing Pakistani CIVILIANS?? Nothing! Or do GBUs and Hellfire missiles not count as armament in Pakistan? In short, you're telling the world that as long as anyone helps you against India (cuz damn straight you need help), they can bend you over as they wish.

Damn right you don't need to salvage pride which doesn't exist.

*Generic reference to penis size comparison*

Hmm...circumcision much?

See? You can be nice. No need to build castles in the air, on false pride and try to make "in your face" flights, only to have your teeth kicked in.

Last edited:
Thanks to our incompetent defence minister , we don't have anti aircraft artillery, modern MANPADs, QR SAM, SR SAM, enough surveillance equipment or interceptors too, so the UAV can happily come and go home back.

Thank you DM Parikkar

you are going to waste a MANPAD shooting a tiny drone

Whatever a kids play spark bla bla these days

A tiny drone can give nice coverage also

Thanks to google most of the earth has been mapped. unless you are in active war or planning for one the drone data is not valuable

As explained earlier , the concern showed was not for some thing coming in , rather ourselves lacking any potential to stop it if needed.

India has a few thousand Russian MANPADs, Do you want to disperse your MANPADs in peacetime to deal with these drones ?

Thanks to google most of the earth has been mapped. unless you are in active war or planning for one the drone data is not valuable

India has a few thousand Russian MANPADs, Do you want to disperse your MANPADs in peacetime to deal with these drones ?

Those are as good as bows and arrows today.

Secondly peacetime or not , regulation of Indian airspace is in our hands and if we feel threatened by anything in particular then even more costly SAMs would be used.

Those are as good as bows and arrows today.

Secondly peacetime or not , regulation of Indian airspace is in our hands and if we feel threatened by anything in particular then even more costly SAMs would be used.

it is not a good idea to disperse MANPADs in peacetime. you want them in a few central depots. you cannot afford to lose them to theft or sabotage. they are great for terrorists.

it is not a good idea to disperse MANPADs in peacetime. you want them in a few central depots. you cannot afford to lose them to theft or sabotage. they are great for terrorists.

Not to mention, unlike what few people believe radars are not kept on all day. The only time when they light up continuously is during operations or during times of tension. Even for this there are procedures in place. Nobody shoots down unidentified slow moving objects unless there has been a state of war or alert.

@Armani calm down. The surveillance you are talking about is what is known in the open forum. What is not known is that these capabilities are more than 15 years old. ARC was in charge of it then. Not sure now, who is. What has improved, today, is better resolutions in adverse weather conditions and pervasive capabilities. So stop bothering the gentleman and let him believe what he wants.

A tiny drone can give nice coverage also
no line maroving young Kashmiri girls from the sky.:no::nono:

Not to mention, unlike what few people believe radars are not kept on all day. The only time when they light up continuously is during operations or during times of tension. Even for this there are procedures in place. Nobody shoots down unidentified slow moving objects unless there has been a state of war or alert.

The case of the missing Malaysian jetliner over the Indian Ocean is excellent case of how you can lose track of even a large aircraft

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom