What's new

Pakistan working on Nuclear Submarine ?

Nuclear mini reactor in sub ,produces electricity.

Yes the propulsion is electric not nuclear the fuel source is Nuclear. For Nuclear sub you need a mini reactor design to generate electricity.

I don't know if the Pakistan members know that a nuclear powered attacked submarine (SSN) cost almost the same as a conventional power aircraft carrier, at more than US$1 billion each. And for the nuclear missile submarine (SSBN), the cost is even more prohibitive.

So unless there is huge budget increase, it would be better to build AIP submarine. Also the submarine launched ballistic missiles are over kill as Indian territory is just beyond the border not tens of thousands km away, instead a nuclear tip long range cruise missiles is cheaper and more versatile in deployment as it can be launched from land, surface ships, AIP submarines and strike aircraft.

And instead of having one single nuclear tip ballistic missile launch platform (SSBN) which will be trek 24 hours by Indians, multiple platforms for cruise missiles will make all time trekking extremely hard by the Indians as they have to put out more resources and may lost focus on several of them.

I don't know if the Pakistan members know that a nuclear powered attacked submarine (SSN) cost almost the same as a conventional power aircraft carrier, at more than US$1 billion each. And for the nuclear missile submarine (SSBN), the cost is even more prohibitive.

So unless there is huge budget increase, it would be better to build AIP submarine. Also the submarine launched ballistic missiles are over kill as Indian territory is just beyond the border not tens of thousands km away, instead a nuclear tip long range cruise missiles is cheaper and more versatile in deployment as it can be launched from land, surface ships, AIP submarines and strike aircraft.

And instead of having one single nuclear tip ballistic missile launch platform (SSBN) which will be trek 24 hours by Indians, multiple platforms for cruise missiles will make all time trekking extremely hard by the Indians as they have to put out more resources and may lost focus on several of them.

https://www.theweek.in/news/world/2018/03/30/babur-cruise-missile-submarine-india-nuke.html

Pakistan has already developed and tested nuclear-armed submarine launched cruise missiles.

Google "babur cruise missile underwater launch" and you'll be able to see many videos of the test.

said multiple times you will need atleast 3 subs to be deployed reliably all the time..this would cost atleast 15billion dollars..

much better if we buy 6-8 subs and spend left over money on 4 frigates and 4 destroyers and other left over money on airforce and army..

yup thats what we are doing

Building a SSN and SSBN is a great way to bankrupt the country

Pakistan strategy is not long range endurance

Modern SSK can give a SSN a good fight

SSK can also fire nuclear missile for second strike

After the 8 Chinese AIP Submarines Pakistan is already committed to procuring, looking at the feasibility of expanding the PN's capability is a good idea. Plans may take 10-15 years to reach realization, and the PN may wait in hopes of an opportunity to become available, such as a lightly used Type 093G with all the bells and whistles; such as a pumpjet and VLS tubes for a number of long range cruise missiles. @$500 million; each Chinese AIP Submarine isn't cheap either, so @ $ 1 billion, a Chinese SSN down the line may allow the PN to keep a modest second strike force far out to sea. Yes the Indians and a host of other nations will follow it, but it will draw resources away from an Indian blockade campaign. The sooner Pakistan acquires an SSN, the sooner it can train on it and against it. Expanding the scope of the PN's capability will also allow it to offer its capability to its allies. The SSN has to be seen as an investment when the PN is able to afford it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wBcw6_oiO8c/VSDFoQrpl2I/AAAAAAAAGKU/lcONJEb9PtQ/s1600/093G.jpg

What is the displacement of the submarine being exported to Pakistan. I have searched and it comes before me that export version is scaled down version of original and is approx 900 tons short.

The advantage of nuclear power is the ability to go somewhere far away from the homeport. I'm not sure this is the goal of the Pakistani Navy.

Back
Top Bottom