What's new

Pakistan will launch a two-seater version of JF-17 - Induction of JF-17B in 2017

some chinese dual seater aircrafts
16549567.jpg
16549580.jpg
16549581.jpg
16549582.jpg
16549589.jpg

this will help to understand jf-17b

Hi,

If you had done a bit of research rather than posting a couple of pictures---you would have had a better understanding----.

The J20 initially came out with a bubble canopy---but it changed when it actual production models came out.

View attachment 329479

"Bubble canopies---neither the chinese nor the russians have the ability to manufacture bubble canopies---. manufacturing a bubble canopy is a feat of engineering." - MastanKhan

https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan...of-jf-17b-in-2017.362497/page-15#post-8619485

ps: The term you and @AZADPAKISTAN2009 are looking for is 'one-piece canopies'. 'Bubble canopies' can be two piece or more as well, e.g. the first true bubble canopy,

15_Miles_M-20_Single_Seat_Fighter_(15216625303).jpg

pps: the canopies on the latest iterations of the J-20 are both bubble and one-piece. The strut that you see is on the inside while the glass canopy is still just one piece, like the one on the F-35,

c5d6080fd1b7ec5c84c203d5fad8e071.jpg

J-20_2101c.jpg

MU41E.jpg

ppps: I had done my research.

Last edited:
is it true we are going to using french engine on jf-17b

NO !!! Never (at least in the close future) ...

The original leaflet meant that it could be equipped but not that it WILL be. Esp. given the political considerations I can't think that France will deliver the M88 to Pakistan or France ... cost is another factor and even more why equipping the trainers with a very different engine vthat has never been tested on this type of aircraft before esp. whena ll operational single seaters use another type of powerplant.

To admit - and maybe a few won't like me for this statement - I really can't understand this constant hype about "PAF will get Su-35 from CHina (at best for free !), ""PAF will get €-fighters", "PAF will get French engines" ... "the batch 03 JF-17 will be a stealth-fighter", "Pakistan should enlarge the JF-17 by fitting the WS-10" or "Pakistan will join development on the TFX".
Honestly, PAC/Kamra did and does a marvellous job with the JF-17 but all other options are a different league. Either technically, politically and most of all budget-wise.

As such I plea for staying rational and realistic.

Deino

NO !!! Never (at least in the close future) ...

The original leaflet meant that it could be equipped but not that it WILL be. Esp. given the political considerations I can't think that France will deliver the M88 to Pakistan or France ... cost is another factor and even more why equipping the trainers with a very different engine vthat has never been tested on this type of aircraft before esp. whena ll operational single seaters use another type of powerplant.

To admit - and maybe a few won't like me for this statement - I really can't understand this constant hype about "PAF will get Su-35 from CHina (at best for free !), ""PAF will get €-fighters", "PAF will get French engines" ... "the batch 03 JF-17 will be a stealth-fighter", "Pakistan should enlarge the JF-17 by fitting the WS-10" or "Pakistan will join development on the TFX".
Honestly, PAC/Kamra did and does a marvellous job with the JF-17 but all other options are a different league. Either technically, politically and most of all budget-wise.

As such I plea for staying rational and realistic.

Deino
Sir tfx program is true confirmed in interview with defence minister however it's not sure now as pak only received invitation from turkye but jf17 stealth that is bs if said so politely however block 3 would be improvement well it will attest out perform old block of f16 we have

Sir tfx program is true confirmed in interview with defence minister however it's not sure now as pak only received invitation from turkye but jf17 stealth that is bs if said so politely however block 3 would be improvement well it will attest out perform old block of f16 we have

Thanks for Your kind reply and I hope in return my post was not taken as an offence, even if I again beg for being less-enthusiastic but more realistic.

What You say is maybe all true, but I think in the meantime a lot of things changed:

- TFX: with the latest political cool-down between Turkey and Europe and even more Turkey's closer ties with Russia I can't think that they will get the EJ-200. And without a proper engine, the only other option could be a F400/414 ... IMO also unlikely. Anyway, we will see.

- on stealthy JF-17 we agree.

- concerning Block 3 JF-17 being better than old F-16A ... that shouldn't indeed be no problem at least avionics-wise. range and payload however is still another issue, since the F-16 is simply a league above the JF-17 in terms of weight, range and payload and that cannot be changed on a lightweight fighter.

Anyway I apologise for being off-topic. Now back to the JF-17B.

Deino

Dual seat jf 17 will be accommodated in PAF and it will be useful for the sale of jf17 .In Paf it will be most probally equip in no1 sqn and 1 other sqn .

Dual seat jf 17 will be accommodated in PAF and it will be useful for the sale of jf17 .In Paf it will be most probally equip in no1 sqn and 1 other sqn .

Isn't it always common use to fit each squadron with a certain number of twin-seaters ??

Isn't it always common use to fit each squadron with a certain number of twin-seaters ??
Answer is yes but what I think is that jft sqns wont mix up to that extent if we compare to f 16's.For Fcu and ocu dual cockpit jft will be paf's best bet bcz there is no point having k8 as fcu ac as we train our pilots on k8 before the passing out.

Question will twin seater have a bombing suite like for the second guy so he can use bombs eg guided munitions

out Performing F16 Will Take Some time , F 16 from block a to block c/d Took decades of Work

Pakistan Going For Su 35 , or Eu 1st Option is No and No for Eu its a Maybe but i dont think Pakistan is going for that Which Makes Sense because no point in Going for a really Smaller number with a 4.5 or 4th gen Bird When you will in a decade move to 5th Gen Which Few options are available China and Turkey .

And Developing a proper stealth plane of Thunder is just like developing a new bird Yes materials can be used to enhance its performance Reducing Birds Signature area And thats where story ends

Hi,

Bubble canopies---neither the chinese nor the russians have the ability to manufacture bubble canopies---. manufacturing a bubble canopy is a feat of engineering.

With modern technology---you don't need a bubble canopy for situational awareness---you can have rear view cameras and sensors.
You Never Stop to amaze me Buddy Few Examples of bubble canopy For From Russia , Japan , British and these Examples From few Decades back
Ki 43 lla Japenese World war 2
Nakajima_Ki-43-IIa.jpg

mi 24
800px-Krzesiny_86RB.JPG

mig 29
1920px-Serbian_mig-29_missiles.jpg

list Goes on and On just Google it
and you did set a example from quoting Yahoo answers as a authentic Source :D

out Performing F16 Will Take Some time , F 16 from block a to block c/d Took decades of Work

Pakistan Going For Su 35 , or Eu 1st Option is No and No for Eu its a Maybe but i dont think Pakistan is going for that Which Makes Sense because no point in Going for a really Smaller number with a 4.5 or 4th gen Bird When you will in a decade move to 5th Gen Which Few options are available China and Turkey .

And Developing a proper stealth plane of Thunder is just like developing a new bird Yes materials can be used to enhance its performance Reducing Birds Signature area And thats where story ends
I said stealth thunder talk is bs as in bull $*** However in air to air combat block 3 can out perform but obviously f16 has better strike load so .

http://www.avic.com/en/forbusiness/militaryaviationanddefense/fighters/index.shtml

FC-1 Tandem Fighter Trainer The FC-1 Tandem Fighter Trainer has all-weather operational capabilities equivalent to that of the FC-1 Multi-role Light Fighter. It can carry BVR air-to-air missiles, short-range air-to-air missiles for air combat, air-to-surface missiles, air-to-ship missiles, precision-guided bombs and conventional bombs for air-to-surface and air-to-sea attack. It can also be used for instructional training on basic flight skills and flight tactics.

Length 14.264m
Height 4.598m
Wing Span 9.465m

You Never Stop to amaze me Buddy Few Examples of bubble canopy For From Russia , Japan , British and these Examples From few Decades back
Ki 43 lla Japenese World war 2
Nakajima_Ki-43-IIa.jpg

mi 24
800px-Krzesiny_86RB.JPG

mig 29
1920px-Serbian_mig-29_missiles.jpg

list Goes on and On just Google it
and you did set a example from quoting Yahoo answers as a authentic Source :D

Hi,

Welcome back---supposedly---the poster was refering to the removal of spine from the aircraft and this type of canopy that is on the F16---and in one or two pictures he also gave the example of the type he was referring to.

F16.jpg

f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom