What's new

Pakistan Vs Australia-Cricket 2016-17 Tour News and Updates.

He scored an excellent 90 in tough conditions vs New Zealand. That was the highest score of the series!
It was not excellent even a Street boy could play better than him watch out again that inning.
Well, let's see what happen on day five as most of were believing game could be not enter in 5th day from beginning of match.

Oops it's over
Defeated by 39 runs it's not bad. Well played Amir Wahab and Yasir. The unlucky straight run out of Yasir otherwise might we even won this game.

Good effort, brilliant delivery from Starc. Only problem i have is with the fans, first innings and we are all disappointed and saying, 'Australia will win'. Come on guys support your team, especially when the going gets tough. We were nearly there. We are one of the best sides in the world, we have got to act like it too. Series ain't over yet. I think we can stage a good comeback in second test. Shafiq has shown why he's a world class player, got all the talent and technique. Needs to learn how to bring this to the ODI's. I don't see why he can't play good T20 and 50 over Cricket.
@anant_s , nail biting stuff. Go down, go down with a fight. respect earned.
Babar is the biggest disappointment till now. After all those centuries in UAE, I expected something from him in NZ and Australia. The guy is a disappointment till now.
I'd have to disagree, he played a brilliant innings in the second test in NZ, and the wicket was very tough to bat on. Plus he is new in Test stage, give him some time. You know and i know he is the best player in the side who can play attacking Cricket and play in all formats. He is a star material, just needs to make sure he doesn't become the next Shehzad or Umer Akmal.

It was not excellent even a Street boy could play better than him watch out again that inning.
You have got to be shitting me.

Can't believe we were so close for world record chase of 490 in 2nd innings. We fell Just 40 runs short. We fought till last ball and it was fun to watch.
Well played Pakistan :pakistan:

Pakistan no doubt an unpredictable team. Almost pulled out an unimaginable.

After a long time there is no sadness even at defeat ..Well played

After a long time there is no sadness even at defeat ..Well played
What happened to our top orders, If our tailenders can play so well, our top order batsman should learn from them, how to play at this pitch. We are also bad fielders, We dropped two catches in such crucial stage of match.

Defeated by 39 runs it's not bad
nail biting stuff. Go down, go down with a fight

Cold statistics would show this as a defeat, but an exciting test match after a long time. Pakistan players should really be proud of what they achieved. Test cricket is often about how players conducted themselves on field and this test match is again a testimony why 5 day format is Gold Standard.
Very few teams from sub-continent have been able to give such close fight and i think Pakistan team deserves kudos for being very worthy opponents.

respect earned.
I'll share an old story. back in late 90s and early 2000, Indian Test team was struggling in similar fashion and then came epic Calcutta test where VVS and Dravid not only stopped mighty Aussies but changed face of Indian test cricket. Later when India traveled to South Africa (where they haven't done well ever), in one test, in third innings, SAF kept batting even with a lead of 300+ on a bouncy track (SAF had Donald, Ntini, Pollock in their attack then). When it was inquired, why aren't they putting India into bat and close the match, an old man pointed to VVS and Dravid, in an attempt to answer the question.

With this performance, i don't think Aussie would now feel safe while setting target. & imho this is a big morale victory for visitors.

no sadness even at defeat ..Well played
You said it brother! Kudos to the team for their gallant fight.:tup:

PS: I'm not sure if you heard this nice piece of commentary (Shane Warne) (which to me is one of the highlights of the test). During Pakistan's second innings, when it started drizzling, umpires were a bit keen to continue play on which Shane remarked " It helps when you have two English umpires on the field (under such conditions). After all England has 9 months of bad weather and 3 months of winter"
:p:

" It helps when you have two English umpires on the field (under such conditions). After all England has 9 months of bad weather and 3 months of winter"
'As English as a wet summer day.'

What happened to our top orders, If our tailenders can play so well, our top order batsman should learn from them, how to play at this pitch. We are also bad fielders, We dropped two catches in such crucial stage of match.

Yes consistency at top order is what we are missing continuously..

Yes consistency at top order is what we are missing continuously..
Missing legends like saaed anwar, amir sohail, inzi, Mohammad yousaf.
I am even thinking we should include shahid afridi in test match. He bring lot of bowling variety , also he brings some punches at batsman, good fielder also.

saaed anwar

Back in those days, Saeed was every bit as good as Brian Lara. What a player Anwar was, i still recall his 100s especially in ODIs.
109361184.jpg

Missing legends like saaed anwar, amir sohail, inzi, Mohammad yousaf.
I am even thinking we should include shahid afridi in test match. He bring lot of bowling variety , also he brings some punches at batsman, good fielder also.
Common Shahid afridi..We have yasir as a leg spinner..Afridi and test match is no match..Class is no doubt missing now a days..Asad seems to be the next classic batsmen..

Good effort, brilliant delivery from Starc. Only problem i have is with the fans, first innings and we are all disappointed and saying, 'Australia will win'. Come on guys support your team, especially when the going gets tough. We were nearly there. We are one of the best sides in the world, we have got to act like it too. Series ain't over yet. I think we can stage a good comeback in second test. Shafiq has shown why he's a world class player, got all the talent and technique. Needs to learn how to bring this to the ODI's. I don't see why he can't play good T20 and 50 over Cricket.
@anant_s , nail biting stuff. Go down, go down with a fight. respect earned.

I'd have to disagree, he played a brilliant innings in the second test in NZ, and the wicket was very tough to bat on. Plus he is new in Test stage, give him some time. You know and i know he is the best player in the side who can play attacking Cricket and play in all formats. He is a star material, just needs to make sure he doesn't become the next Shehzad or Umer Akmal.

You have got to be shitting me.
I'm not! watch that match against NZ and his batting style.

I'm not! watch that match against NZ and his batting style.
So he made 90(highest by a Pakistani batsmen in the series) with a shitty batting style?
I have a question for you, do we have a better batsmen than him who plays all formats?

Back
Top Bottom