What's new

Pakistan UAVs News & Discussions

Every single Bird and Every Single Missile will count For PAF at this Critical times.

Mashallah very good News.

Last edited:
GOOD NEWS FOR PAKISTAN AIR FORCE!!!
PAKISTAN ARMY SHOULD OPT FOR Denel Aerospace Systems Bateleur!!!

Roles and Missions:

Real-time day and night (E/O and IR) surveillance
Electronic and Communications Intelligence gathering (ELINT and COMINT)
Airborne communications relay
Military and paramilitary photo reconnaissance
Target location and laser designation
Maritime and coastal patrol
Border patrol
Search and rescue
Battlefield surveillance
Artillery fire support
Damage assessment

Great news and pakistan think that can produce indegniosly as army is already using UAVS as i knew about them when i was student in ARmy school in JLA wher at that time they demonstrated there flights for us as a joyfull event

ISLAMABAD, Jan 1 (APP): Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) is playing an important role in technologically equipping the Pakistan Air Force to meet any challenges. In line to give an extra punch to Air Force, PAC has handed over around a dozen predator type Un‑manned Ariel Vehicles (UAVs) to PAF, said Chairman PAC Air Marshal Khalid Chaudhary.
In an exclusive talk with APP on Thursday, he said that Pakistan has acquired the UAV manufacturing technology and its indigenous manufacturing has been initiated successfully.

He said though these UAVs are lighter than the Predators but meet the defence requirements of the PAF. “We will manufacture more UAVs indiginously keeping in view the requirements of PAF,” said Air Marshal Khalid Chaudhry.
Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - A dozen UAVs handed over to PAF

ISLAMABAD, Jan 1 (APP): Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) is playing an important role in technologically equipping the Pakistan Air Force to meet any challenges. In line to give an extra punch to Air Force, PAC has handed over around a dozen predator type Un‑manned Ariel Vehicles (UAVs) to PAF, said Chairman PAC Air Marshal Khalid Chaudhary.
In an exclusive talk with APP on Thursday, he said that Pakistan has acquired the UAV manufacturing technology and its indigenous manufacturing has been initiated successfully.

He said though these UAVs are lighter than the Predators but meet the defence requirements of the PAF. “We will manufacture more UAVs indiginously keeping in view the requirements of PAF,” said Air Marshal Khalid Chaudhry.
Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - A dozen UAVs handed over to PAF

What is the name of this UAV, Because Uqaab is not like Predator. Good news For PAF and Pakistan, Can Pakistani UAV patrol the tribal areas now and there is no need of American UAV in our Skies, I heard that these attacks by American UAVs will stop after Dec 31st but just today they attacked again.

This is nothing new, Pakistan has had UAV manufacturing capability for quite some time now with many different models produced.

This newspiece is yet another example of an excited & ignorant journalist who didn't bother doing enough research. If he writes 'predator-type UAV'; he has to go in some depth on the issue; else its jst 'ball-parking'.

PAC has handed over around a dozen predator type Un‑manned Ariel Vehicles (UAVs) to PAF
i am afraid there in no predator type UAV's in Pakistan's inventory.

Regards
Champ

School of Army Air Defense has been producing target drones since 1975 in collaboration with few semi-literate, semi-skilled aero modeling enthusiast, their achievements are quite impressive.

Their first RPV, named, HUD HUD, was flown in July 1998. Since then two improved versions have been demonstrated, the last being HUD HUD III, which flew on 5 February 2001. The School developed target Drones “Shahbaz” and “Ababeel” for army and target drone “Banshee” for Navy for practicing firing of surface to air artillery and machine guns target. It also provided technical assistance to PAF in re-building obsolete drone for air-to-air firing in March 1998.

Realizing that UAV development was not School of army air defense primary role and appreciating the institutional discrepancies in production, the GHQ has relieved Air Defense School from further development and production of tactical UAVs for the Army.

Check this article as well. Its very elaborate.

UAVs and their Furture Prospects

Last edited:
Sorry, I hope the picture works this time.

What type of UAV is this - Indian Army shot it down in 2003

Lt Col Rathore of the Indian Army displayes wreckage of a Pakistan UAV shot down over Mendhar, Poonch in J&K on 05th Feb 2003. The UAV is of Italian make and was flying 400m on Indian side of the LoC. The aircraft was down by ground fire. Debris recovered included one wing, engine Assembly, a frame and transmitters.

It does not look liike a large UAV

^^ Yes, looks pretty small. Not sure whether its identifiable through the pieces presented.

Well, i have seen almost all drones and UAVs of Pakistan (Pak Army n PAF) and this is none of our UAVs. The reason is that non of em has such landing gear assemblies ( red circled ). So, it may be some UAV but it not ours.

So, the question arisies that why indians gave this news. Actually, we shot down indian UAV by F-16. After that, they made it a matter of their pride to shoot one of ours. As they were unable to do so (we bacame careful), they came up with this story. Another argument to support this is that 400m is a very samll distance. If there army was there, so was ours. And as this small mutual distance, a fire should have resulted in a responce from our side (considering tensions at that time).

Well, i have seen almost all drones and UAVs of Pakistan (Pak Army n PAF) and this is none of our UAVs. The reason is that non of em has such landing gear assemblies ( red circled ). So, it may be some UAV but it not ours.

So, the question arisies that why indians gave this news. Actually, we shot down indian UAV by F-16. After that, they made it a matter of their pride to shoot one of ours. As they were unable to do so (we bacame careful), they came up with this story. Another argument to support this is that 400m is a very samll distance. If there army was there, so was ours. And as this small mutual distance, a fire should have resulted in a responce from our side (considering tensions at that time).

I would agree it was a tit-for-tat response if it had made it in the news in a big way - and usually these things emanate from delhi.

the report and photo was published localy and did not get much prominance at all. even i noticed it recently only. I wish there were more photos of it.

Back
Top Bottom