What's new

Pakistan turns down cheaper loan offer from Japan

I was wondering what Japan want to accomplish here?
Start distrut between CHINA AND PAK alliance or just is very kind and warm heart to grant lower interests for international "friendship"!
PAK bro could. take advantage of JAPAN as long as its does not hurt the alliance !
I am fine with everyone taking advantage of JAPAN while. turn. down dirty jap despicable demands!

I was wondering what Japan want to accomplish here?
Start distrut between CHINA AND PAK alliance or just is very kind and warm heart to grant lower interests for international "friendship"!
PAK bro could. take advantage of JAPAN as long as its does not hurt the alliance !
I am fine with everyone taking advantage of JAPAN while. turn. down dirty jap despicable demands!
They offer loans with lower interest rates ,they don't bring their own people to work,they don't take over the project for years . These are few other benefits.
But won't you think China as a friend should have offered lesser interest rates

Loans are curse & shackles for any country. Specially for our country where loans are only taken for the purpose of corruption only, not investment & development of country.

Lol
Why you do not ask loans from uncle sam US!
They are more powerful!

That is why I never grant any loans to my relatives, coz once you grant loans to them, it seems you own things to them not otherway around!
My answer is the same: Go to the bank.

I f you are incompetent, loans would make your condition worse, if you are dedicated to development, loans is the fresh blood, if your gov does not take development as a priority , no one can help you! not even by CHINA!

I never grant any loans to my relatives, coz once you grant loans to them, it seems you own things to them not otherway around!
My answer is the same: Go to the bank.

CPEC has already created more than 300 000 job opportunities, I was wondering how many Chineses workers there considering the average salary of labor worker in CHINA is already beyond 1000USD per month?if you can not understand this, we are done here!

Bank of China's Latest Bank Loan Interest Rate
Table for 2017:
Bank of China latest lending rate:
Project annual interest rate
First, short-term loans Within one year (including one year) 4.35%
Second, long-term loans One to five years (including five years) 4.75%
More than five years 4.90%

Pakistani can not afford losing trust from CHINA!
e are not USA, we do not limit your development, but PAK MUST respect CHINA core interests such as SCS, Diaoyu islands, Taiwan, Tibet, south Tibet.....so does CHINA support to PAK to Kashmir!
Otherwise, the relationship would like that between CHINA and north korea today. COZ at the end CHINA CPC gov must report to Chinese people
Hi, Pakistan does support Chinese stance on ita territorial issues.. no questions asked.

But here we are discussing cheaper loans... you are Chinese and you know better about the Chinese business straits..

Emotions on business have no value... I have dealt with Chinese companies working in Pak on projects as legal aid... two of my cousins are engineers working for Beixen (Chinese company).

Il give you an example.. China has dropped several CPEC projects because it didnt benefit her... although they benefited Pakistan... so why did China not take any congnizance of Pakistans “emotions” ? Pure business.

@Adam WANG SHANGHAI MEGA You gave example of loans to relatives.

Your relative would be foolish to not go to the bank... if the bank was offering lower interests on loan than you..

Would you yourself ... get a higher interest rate from your relative or lower interest rate from the bank?

As for Chinese in Pak.. as per Aug 2017 report: 30,000 Chinese were working on CPEC projects.

http://www.app.com.pk/30000-chinese-working-on-cpec-other-projects-in-pakistan-ambassador-khalid/

10,000 on non CPEC projects.

Lol

Hi, Pakistan does support Chinese stance on ita territorial issues.. no questions asked.

But here we are discussing cheaper loans... you are Chinese and you know better about the Chinese business straits..

Emotions on business have no value... I have dealt with Chinese companies working in Pak on projects as legal aid... two of my cousins are engineers working for Beixen (Chinese company).

Il give you an example.. China has dropped several CPEC projects because it didnt benefit her... although they benefited Pakistan... so why did China not take any congnizance of Pakistans “emotions” ? Pure business.
Well said! you could always say no as well!
It will delay your development but your country anyway!
CHINA is done with massive freely offered projects!

West CHINA is still backward in many aspects we are not rich enough to give things freely unless it is an emergency!!

Last edited:
Well said! you could always say no as well!
It will delay your development but your country anyway!
CHINA is done with massive freely offered projects!
90% of CPEC projects are given without any tenders..
Pakistanis not Chinese are to be blamed for this...

Also, we’ve heard China is strict when to comes to corruption ... Im pretty sure.. such irregularities would have been dealt alot strictly in China?

Sane people like me arent demanding anything wrong or projects to be delayed.. but interests should be guarded .. China does the same!! Is that wrong in any way?

Even on CPEC projects..

Infact Pakistanis have much more attachment with China than Chinese with Pakistan;

2014 report;

4B8DAFF1-4A44-460E-B2D1-B8581402BDD8.png

@Adam WANG SHANGHAI MEGA

Did I say anything about jobs dude?

How is interest rate/tenders = against jobs or china?

West CHINA is stilk backward in many aspect s we are not rich enough to give things freely unless it is an emergency!!
Dont worry, you dont give things for free bro.

Lol

Your relative would be foolish to not go to the bank... if the bank was offering lower interests on loan than you..

Would you yourself ... get a higher interest rate from your relative or lower interest rate from the bank?

As for Chinese in Pak.. as per Aug 2017 report: 30,000 Chinese were working on CPEC projects.

http://www.app.com.pk/30000-chinese-working-on-cpec-other-projects-in-pakistan-ambassador-khalid/

What japan can get by grating you lower rate? J ap are not stupid right?

No, they arent stupid.. but Japan has been offering cheap interest loans and AID to Pak since decades... they do it in almost all developing countries.

OJA & JICA have been helping developing countries for a long time...
And they are transparent..

https://www.google.com.pk/amp/s/www...n-ramping-up-checkbook-diplomacy-in-asia/amp/

90% of CPEC projects are given without any tenders..
Pakistanis not Chinese are to be blamed for this...

Also, we’ve heard China is strict when to comes to corruption ... Im pretty sure.. such irregularities would have been dealt alot strictly in China?

Sane people like me arent demanding anything wrong or projects to be delayed.. but interests should be guarded .. China does the same!! Is that wrong in any way?

Even on CPEC projects..

Infact Pakistanis have much more attachment with China than Chinese with Pakistan;

2014 report;

View attachment 454883

@Adam WANG SHANGHAI MEGA

Did I say anything about jobs dude?

How is interest rate/tenders = against jobs or china?

Dont worry, you dont give things for free bro.
IT's the old.report dude, today PAK 98% and India minus -50%!

No, they arent stupid.. but Japan has been offering cheap interest loans and AID to Pak since decades... they do it in almost all developing countries.
L et ne tell you the truth why jap spend s so many low rate or rate free loans:They want to get in the unsc, throw away money to bride seemsw more easy to convince CHINA to. agree!

https://www.google.com.pk/amp/s/www...n-ramping-up-checkbook-diplomacy-in-asia/amp/

NGO is spying agency for Western gov , you still. not get it! OMG!

They want to be called peaceful helper and want to get into UNSC in order to reatore the JAPAN empire legacy!
IT'S more easy to spend money around than convaince CHINA to agree!
and we both know that is never gonna happen.
H ere to all japs on PDF and all japs who can check. this: Want to get into UNSC, over CHINA dead body!

Lol

I think CHINA has the right to drop projects under CPEC!
IF you act like a western country who ask. CHINA to do. things like below. su ch as No Chinese workers but native ones even if they are not qualified for the job or interest rate as low as possible better no interests at all or free....
Y ou be seen as one!
Demo , transparent?
i am not saying they were bad, but we need understand the reality!
THE most successful SEZ Shenzhen of. CHINA, where is the demo, where is the freedom, but more centralized planning, good system and hard work!
F or the moment, I am disappointed on. PAK gov efficiency, well maybe you bros see it as demo flexibility! I give my best hope to it!

and I am done with this thread!

How about we build projects free for you!

I f you are an indian , I understand your anti CHINA position, if you are Pakistan i, you are an idiot!

We Chinese should kill ourselves and than give all our money to you and than PAK can be rich!
You don't have to be free,but you can do it at a lower interest rate like Japanese and stop bringing your men to work and employ the local guys.if asking only this much make see a Pakistani as idiot and not a friend .
You are not doing Pakistanies any favors,you are using Pakistan for an alternative route because your sea Lanes will be blocked in case of hostilities.

Remember China called Pakistan their "Israel."
Are you just so stupid. I cant believe. Whats your iq? Zero?

-------

On topic : i had seen this news on internet and it wasnt perhaps shared here, i puropsely didnt post cause i understood its one of those typical news published regularly in western media against CPEC. Plus i just read the news and it says "

"Talking to The Express Tribune, a senior government official revealed that the Japanese government had earlier approached Pakistan with interest in joining the $57-billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC)."

Been a reader of express tribune for a long time and many times ihave seen them publishing fake or doctored propaganda news. How can one cliam some random official shared this or that with news paper without giving his name and wanting the public to believe it and then suddenly media all across the world picks the news.

Anyways, not getting further into the veracity of it lets assume news is correct. But have we read entire news? Its says Japan wanted to finance a tunnel project built under CPEC and in other infra projects related to CPEC which perhaps Chinese were not ok with also maybe China got to have more say cause Chinese companies and engineers are working on building those projects so they hold sway.

Moving on Pakistan denied japanese loans but REQUESTED them to make investments in other projects. So its a great step pakistan asked for investments. So if jaoanese want to help pakistan they can go this way.

"Pakistan has invited Japanese companies and investors to explore the option of investing in the $4-billion electricity distribution market with particular focus on modern technological solutions for service delivery to consumers"

Also important issue is that in majority of projects Chinese are making investments , majority loans are offered by them so for some small loans from Japan which amoun to peanuts compared to whole CPEC loans and investment are we going to disturb our ties with China and risk future investments and loans?

In economics we think long term plus short term. At the moment pakistans economy is weak we are not in a position to go around dictating our terms and rile up our main sponsor for loans that make up only 1-2 pc of entire CPEC. So thinking long term any such step which strains ties is foolish.

Lastly, i might be wrong in analyzing it but i am sure those who are appointed to handle these matters took the decisions that they saw in pakistans favor rather than emotiomalism.

For me its beyond logic to upset Chinse for some loan amounts that make up only very little fraction of entire cpec portfolio and jeoperdize an ongoint project and future investments in pakistam.

You don't have to be free,but you can do it at a lower interest rate like Japanese and stop bringing your men to work and employ the local guys.if asking only this much make see a Pakistani as idiot and not a friend .
You are not doing Pakistanies any favors,you are using Pakistan for an alternative route because your sea Lanes will be blocked in case of hostilities.
Labour is local but technology and expertise where pakistan lacks comes from chinese trained personnels. Lastly this matter has nothing to do with you get out of here to your india threads.

Your IQ is minus!
more than 300 000 native Pakistani has been. hired while only 30000 chinese worker s of which 10000 on no CPEC projects!
T his is not enough for you , who would teach Pakistani sk ills and regulations, Robots!!?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom