What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

I know it has nothing to do with the subject. But this great photo could cause a faint smile on the faces of my Pakistani friends while thinking PN-Milgem. I hope it won't be considered as spam.
Ewd_VWbXIAgINSW

Does Turkey have license from the US to export RIM-116 used on Ada class?

Weapon package of PN Milgems is not finalized yet. (or atleast not known yet)
If requisite options are available, PN will naturally opt for Western solutions. Be it CIWS, be it SAMs.
View attachment 724668

If HQ-18 or ly80N than why not HQ-10 as well ?? Instead of gun and why not Chinese why Turkish ?

some questions

Last edited:
Yep, the first 4 Hangor (II) subs are due 2022-2023, the next 4 (built at KSEW) by 2028. So the PN is actually scheduled to get the Type 054As, Ada and Hangor (II) all in the same timeframe (much like the PAF did with Erieye, IL-78, ZDK03, Block-52, MLU, etc).

Can you provide a very brief summary of what the PN will have by 2030 given these new acquisitions, please?

How do these Turkish corvettes fit into the PN doctrine?

It's amazing to see the PN modernize and become a capable force in its own right. I sincerely hope they make the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee a proper command post in the future (populated by members of any of the three services.)

Can you provide a very brief summary of what the PN will have by 2030 given these new acquisitions, please?

How do these Turkish corvettes fit into the PN doctrine?

It's amazing to see the PN modernize and become a capable force in its own right. I sincerely hope they make the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee a proper command post in the future (populated by members of any of the three services.)
4 Type 054A/P frigates
4 MILGEM Corvettes
4 F-22P (existing)
2 OPV 1900

8 Hangor SSP
3 Agosta 90B SSP

Unknown no. of shallow-water attack (SWAT) submarines, UAVs, helicopters, and E190/Lineage-based LRMPA.

4 Type 054A/P frigates
4 MILGEM Corvettes
4 F-22P (existing)
2 OPV 1900

8 Hangor SSP
3 Agosta 90B SSP

Unknown no. of shallow-water attack (SWAT) submarines, UAVs, helicopters, and E190/Lineage-based LRMPA.

Surely Jinnah class of at least 3 ships will be ready by then too no?

I think 2030 may be too short of a timeline for those ships.

Yes, see the point, but surely if design phase is now and Turks are half way through there end and enticipating delivery in 2025, but then both Karachi and Turkey should have capacity for new builds? If so I think 2025-2030 is generous enough for at least another 2 ships? I find it hard to believe current MILGEM/Chinese projects will keep the yards busy for the next 9 years....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom