What's new

Pakistan-Turkey 4 Milgem Ada Class Corvettes Contract - Construction started

G40 Just a capability acquisition project, not entirely precise and low altitude. It is planned to replace ESSMs even if it happens, missiles such as CAMM \ CAMM-ER with speed coincide with some land-based and sea-adapted Chinese Sams. At these altitudes and ranges, Hisar O + starts production within 3 months and uses a double impact engine, so you don't need to analyze in vain, even if you don't buy from China (which you will get), you will not be without missiles.

What i was saying wasn't that PN shipsnwould be without missiles, rather that those ships would benefit from replacing those missiles (be it Hisar O or Hq-16) with another medium ranged missile which is quad packed in order to 1) carry more missiles per ship and 2) allow for better utilization of available VLS cells without sacrificing protection (for example 16 cells on a type 054A could carry 64 missiles and allow for utilizing the other 16 cells for CY-5, Babur, or even longer ranged missile like HQ-9 if itnfits the type 054A VLS).
More Type 54 A and MILGEM depends on the size of Navy we want and do we want an aggressive Navy or not. So I am quite hopeful that both Type 54 A and MILGEM will get doubled and then will come Jinah class that too will be eight in total.
IF PN needs to further expand the fleet quickly then yes (as i said) i could see a follow up order (Type 054A rather than MILGEM if we are talking necessity for speed), but if not necessarily need rapid addition to the fleet, i dont see it happening. Any follow-up orders would need to add further capabilities (ie a bigger ship with new, longer range weapons) like 052D or 054B.

we do not know but roketsan atmaca anti ship missile will get land attack capability on future
but the missile shown in the pic is somewhat similar to Gezgin Cruise Missile of Turkey which I think is more intriguing factor in that pic than Milgem Corvette ....

so my interest is to know that is it just another imagination of some fanboy or there is some new development in this regards .... ???

Thnx in advance ...

I dont understand why spend 1 billion usd to buy 4 corvettes when for the money we could have bought 4-5 Type 054 from China ??

I dont understand why spend 1 billion usd to buy 4 corvettes when for the money we could have bought 4-5 Type 054 from China ??
There is a operations cost to the ships as well (example is complement of Ada is 93 vs. 165 for type 054A). The cost of operating MILGEM is significantly less than Type 054A. But also remember a big chunk of the PN Milgem program is getting the ToT and rights to the design

Sorry the tweet is in Turkish:

Google translate:
Export of any platform using US-made systems, subsystems and parts, especially T129 and MilGem, is not possible until a replacement is found.

The same is true for equipment etc. to be produced for the TAF & whose contracts have not yet been signed (Ex: the remaining ships of class I)

Please rectify if there was any translation error.

Pak have to buy engines directly from USA for ada class.
pakistan already purchased .

4 LM-2500 Gas turbine (2018) For 4 MilGem frigates from Turkey.

Thank you for telling this!
I was so worried, thought that the entire project was over.

Sorry the tweet is in Turkish:

Google translate:
Export of any platform using US-made systems, subsystems and parts, especially T129 and MilGem, is not possible until a replacement is found.

The same is true for equipment etc. to be produced for the TAF & whose contracts have not yet been signed (Ex: the remaining ships of class I)

Please rectify if there was any translation error.

Everything was cleared, this was discussed a while back now. The first two ships are nearing completion.
The first will be launched in the year coming 2021 and delivered to Pakistan Navy in 2023. The remaining ships will follow her in 6-month intervals. The last ship will be handed over in 2025.

Also engines for T-129 attack helicopter.

no sir not T-129 that was turkish contract and that is in trouble boss :D udogan maked stupidity
Can't we get those engines directly and complete our order same as turbines for MILGEM corvettes?

Back
Top Bottom