What's new

Pakistan To Participate In Turkey’s TFX Next-Gen Fighter Aircraft Program

REGARDING TFX and PAF aspirations to jump on to this project

Some sobering facts

Turkey is a relatively poor and technologically way behind the Like of Europe Chinna & Russia

The combined might of UK France Germany have not started a fifth generation project

it taked 15-20 years to design build and test a fighter

it will take over $25 billion in investement or even more to design a TFX

please tell me how when Pakistan will contribute to this new yet to start project
If Pakistan is genuinely interested in the TFX and is willing to commitment some initial (e.g. $100m) funding, then I imagine the PAF would ask those tough questions to the Turkish Air Force and Turkish industry. If the answers are insufficient, then no investment in the TFX and the PAF will examine the alternatives.

If Pakistan is genuinely interested in the TFX and is willing to commitment some initial (e.g. $100m) funding, then I imagine the PAF would ask those tough questions to the Turkish Air Force and Turkish industry. If the answers are insufficient, then no investment in the TFX and the PAF will examine the alternatives.

THAT FIGURE OF $100 MILLION ........................are you serious .......???????????

you want to participate in a fifth generation project costing $25 billion or more ............YOU WANT CONRIBUTE $100 MILLION

and you THINK this will help a FIFTH GENERATION FIGHTER ??????????????

(THIS IS BEYOND FANTASY)

I
The TFX program may actually be stagnant or zombie right now due to Erdogan's purge.
I beg to differ. TFX has now a much better chance due to proxies controlled from Pennsylvania are being aggressively purged. These proxies were there for the capitulation of Turkey. Divine help sorted them out...

Th
THAT FIGURE OF $100 MILLION ........................are you serious .......???????????

you want to participate in a fifth generation project costing $25 billion or more ............YOU WANT CONRIBUTE $100 MILLION

(THIS IS BEYOND FANTASY)
This is due to Kardeshlik Kural (law of brotherhood)...

I

I beg to differ. TFX has now a much better chance due to proxies controlled from Pennsylvania are being aggressively purged. These proxies were there for the capitulation of Turkey. Divine help sorted them out...
Ill agree to disagree, politics of what happened are irrelevant; the purge of what was a good section of intelligentsia within the TuAF and in the private sector has had a major impact on all programs and even the effectiveness of the TuAF in its role.

this will help
Every penny helps

pennies3.jpg

What did grandma say? Pennies make pounds.

(THIS IS BEYOND FANTASY)
Firstly, the $20-25bn figure thrown around regarding the TFX is the total value of the program including (1) research and development and (2) production of the actual fighter aircraft. The development on its own will only constitute a portion of that amount.

Secondly, I had clearly written "initial funding." If and when the TFX programs enters the developmental motion, it will be done in phases. If Pakistan is serious about contributing the program, its funding will be much higher than $100m (which wasn't even a hard number, just an example).

TFX is on drawing board only
it takes 15 years to develop a fighter
So TFX will be ready in 2030-2035

PAF needs a new platform in 3 years time
Agreed.

Which 5th-generation aircraft is available to Pakistan in the stipulated 3 years?

Reality check of PAF would indicate only 4.5++ aircraft are available. F-16 blk 15 after MLU would be compatible to 4++ Generation (may not be available due to politics).

IF PAF decides to procure 4.5++ fighters then it would be in small numbers till the time 5th gen aircraft would be available.

As far as news regarding development of TFX is concerned is still very limited. Same can be said of what is being discussed between Turkey and Pakistan. Till some evidence is made public we can not even speculate.

Some sobering facts

Turkey is a relatively poor and technologically way behind the Like of Europe Chinna & Russia

The combined might of UK France Germany have not started a fifth generation project

please tell me how when Pakistan will contribute to this new yet to start project
As you have stated it takes 15-20 years to develop a fighter aircraft. TFX investment is about USD25 Billion it comes down to USD150-125 million per year. Now if these 25-30 billion are to be shared on a 50-50% basis it still amounts to the same USD150-120 million per year cost.

Considering Pakistan would buy 150 initially and 50 option it is do able.

(THIS IS BEYOND FANTASY)
Are you serious...
USD25 billion upfront for a project that runs for 15-20 years.

It does not work like that. There is a project and its total cost which is subdivided into sub-projects and there costs. This gives flexibility of payments and fund management, it also guaranties the employees on this project that they have secure jobs for some considerable time.

AS FOR TFX I would be surprised if it got beyond the drawing board. I am 99% certain the Turks will operate and buy the F35 lightening. full stop.

Some sobering facts

(THIS IS BEYOND FANTASY)

Interestingly, a false flag that too when it is Indian behind the same, is very easy to recognize. since the flags are lie, your statements are misleading too.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) & others, no need to feed him.

Claiming that Turkey can build a fifth generation platform is like claiming Israel can do the same.
Turkey has advanced weaponry, but no where near fifth generation platforms.
secondly, developing of such aircraft is costly, 25 billion USD would be the cheapest estimate you'll get, considering Turkey didn't designed a good modern aircraft, let alone stealthy.
Thirdly, if Turkey would be able to build such aircraft, how would pakistan support it? Pakistan industries are no where near advanced as Russia, China, US, EU or any other big military exporters and it posses no strong economy to support or purchase such aircrafts.
For summary, Pakistan's only option is buying China's jets, as I see no future for stealth fight jets purchase from the U.S, and still, it'll take alot of money, money that Pakistan would likely need to other branches of the military.

This is not a troll reply, I might not be a Pakistani, but I'm realistic

To comments regarding lack of experience in building fighter jets on Turkish side, they are doing it in partnership with BAE Systems. It will work and it will work damn good too.

With regard to Pakistans involvement, Turkey already has the ability to fully fund this project on its own and also already has access to the best tech available. Inviting Pakistan looks more towards taking Pakistan with them on their journey to success. Like brothers do for each other.

Last edited:
5th generation aircraft is a luxury toy, for J20, the single cost of J20, excluding profit、munition、 logisitic etc, is more than 120 million USD.
For 4th Generation aircraft, many fighers in the world. USA(F16\F15\F18),russia(mig 29 35\su 27 35), EU(typoon,rafael,gripen),china(j 10).
but for 5th Generation , now just USA(F22/F35),china(j20, initial production; FC31 prototype),russia(T50, prototype).
F22 is only for USA, did UK/germany/france prefer F22 or not, definitely.why not build 5th generation by themself? because it is not a easy job, just about dozens of billions USD

And that 120 Million is the cost for the PLAAF.

Production cost,For plaaf cost will be more

MY question is simple, what would be the Fly Away cost for the PLAAF, when it will enter service per aircraft. Your intelligent Guess would also do the job.

PLAAF should have data,but it is confidential. Form 2011, the 1st prototype fly the test, till now,totaly 10 in PLAAF colur, the other two in yellow fresh, totally 12 aircraft, dozens of thousands of hours fly test
data like cost can be get from commercial compamy and made public, but difficult to get information from PLA.
China like keep things low, make ourselves look like the underdog.Before the 1st j20 flying into the sky,even our Chinese know nothing about it.Just wow,all of a sudden,surprise!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom