What's new

‘Pakistan to launch 3G in first quarter of 2014’

well they are saying we are gonna bring 3g and after month or two gonna launch 4g because the tech was available way back from 2007 but the govt dint issue 3g and 4g licenses because of corruption
Do it fast even Bangladesh has launced 3g........:agree:
And India already has 4G.......:agree:

In 2012 I used 3G In pak isnt the nitro or cloud so called 3g ?

3G is available in form of EVO 3G and its related products from PTCL and its good in speed, I m using it since one year but we don't have 3G for cell phones, so had to use WIFI.

how you guys manage with 2g......its very slow.....loading a page takes time in minutes
we didn't used net on smart phone or tabs and if used then by wifi connected of dsl or used 3g dongle

3G is available in form of EVO 3G and its related products from PTCL and its good in speed, I m using it since one year but we don't have 3G for cell phones, so had to use WIFI.
Exactly

In 2012 I used 3G In pak isnt the nitro or cloud so called 3g ?

3G is available in form of EVO 3G and its related products from PTCL and its good in speed and its for Computers we dont have 3g from Mobile Sim Cards we don't have 3G for cell phones, so had to use WIFI.

Barring Mobilink , never heard of the other companies . Do these companies also operate outside Pakistan ?

Yes, Telenor is Norwegian Company, Zong is World largest Company i.e. China Mobile, Warid is Abu Dhabi based Company only Ufone is a Pakistani Company.

Telenor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Warid Telecom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ZONG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ufone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mobilink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Yes, Telenor is Norwegian Company, Zong is World largest Company i.e. China Mobile, Warid is Abu Dhabi based Company only Ufone is a Pakistani Company.
telenor operates in India too, but not sure how long they will last after 2g scam.

telenor operates in India too, but not sure how long they will last after 2g scam.

They are providing good service and also offer good EDGE data service which is used by many to compensate non availability of mobile 3G. Although all mobile operators are cheating with users some how.

They are providing good service and also offer good EDGE data service which is used by many to compensate non availability of mobile 3G. Although all mobile operators are cheating with users some how.
competition does not allow much room for cheating. Telenor (uninor in India) does not cheat to consumers in India but there are court cases going on about how 2g licences were given.
Not sure what happened, they wanted to quit India.
edit: seems they bought liceces again and will stay. :)

Don't say that!
Uninor, which lost some 10 million subscribers from January to March, is close to breaking even - Business Today
They have an excellent expertise to maintain finances on track!

The guy who should be credit for this turnaround is now the CEO of Grameenphone in Bangladesh:coffee:
and he is laying off people enmasse!:o:

New Grameenphone CEO takes charge -
bdnews24.com

Sorry to digress from the topic.
I however see a silver lining to this matter.
Pakistan should not repeat the mistakes done by India....or by BD where spectrum lays un-allotted:-)

Once 3G is done...HSUPA will take a max of 6 months....which is basically 3.5G
Since Huawei will graciously grant equipments....it will happen very swiftly.

Zong will lead the way:partay::pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom