What's new

'Pakistan to issue tenders for electricity import from India'

500 mw is very little .. it would hardly do any good to a single city..

we should import more from india,iran,and gas from turkmanistan

Why should Pakistan keep importing? Why not do something itself? Imported Cars, Imported Electronics, Imported Medicines, Imported this & that......hell now even Imported Electricity & Gas.:hitwall:

Sorry to say if this is the mentality of majority Pakistanis, than Pakistan will never stand on its feet ever.

I think your Tharcoal Project is a research Project and World Bank don't fund research projects but Real time project where they can expect return of their loans with Interest.

WB is providing that money for development & govt can easily manage to deduct some $$$$ from development budget & bureaucracy budget, etc & fund that money for that project. 1.2-1.4 billion $ is not a mountain to climb.

Its not about getting money, its about being willing or not!

I can organize local investors if govt. is interested to willing to extend equivalent to MFN privileges to the investors.

Dear dont bother with it. I wasted a lot of money trying to run an energy company in Pakistan..we had pretty innovative concepts like converting waste edible oils, plant oils, waste fish oil from sea food processing factories, low quality industrial waste heat and agriculture waste to energy but the problem with current government is they ask "can you find another business than electricity"

The truth is many of these wadeera mafia sitting in the parliament now will not be able to withold their backward masses from revolt if an electrical revolution is to take palce in Pakistan. Because simply once there is electricity there will be mobiles, TV, Internet, computer, Media and a whole wide world of opportunities open for exploration.

Dear dont bother with it. I wasted a lot of money trying to run an energy company in Pakistan..we had pretty innovative concepts like converting waste edible oils, plant oils, waste fish oil from sea food processing factories, low quality industrial waste heat and agriculture waste to energy but the problem with current government is they ask "can you find another business than electricity"

The truth is many of these wadeera mafia sitting in the parliament now will not be able to withold their backward masses from revolt if an electrical revolution is to take palce in Pakistan. Because simply once there is electricity there will be mobiles, TV, Internet, computer, Media and a whole wide world of opportunities open for exploration.

Not Shocking, but may i ask you why you didn't bother to contact Media & raise the issue over there? Pakistan has free & indepandant media & electricity issue is very big in Pakistan & i don't think you could be ignored.

IMO any patriotic Pakistani should openly condemn bad governance & bring it into public.

Why should Pakistan keep importing? Why not do something itself? Imported Cars, Imported Electronics, Imported Medicines, Imported this & that......hell now even Imported Electricity & Gas.:hitwall:

Sorry to say if this is the mentality of majority Pakistanis, than Pakistan will never stand on its feet ever.

WB is providing that money for development & govt can easily manage to deduct some $$$$ from development budget & bureaucracy budget, etc & fund that money for that project. 1.2-1.4 billion $ is not a mountain to climb.

If you come to Pakistan, you will be surprised to see that every citizen is willing to invest in alternate energy but govt. officially discourage any such activity.

There is big red tape, corruption and duties on any business activity, initiated in Pakistan without Indian sanction.

Govt. of Pakistan takes dictation from India on micro level.

Salman Bashir (Pakistani Ambassador to India) is going to play key role in promoting Indian business in Pakistan and passing Indian dictation to Zardari club.

Forget about the WB they are part of same club.

If you come to Pakistan, you will be surprised to see that every citizen is willing to invest in alternate energy but govt. officially discourage any such activity.

There is big red tape, corruption and duties on any business activity, initiated in Pakistan without Indian sanction.

Govt. of Pakistan is takes dictation from India on micro level.

Salman Bashir (Pakistani Ambassador to India) is going to play key role in promoting Indian business in Pakistan and passing Indian dictation to Zardari club.

Forget about the WB they are part of same club.

IMO if govt discourages inverters willing to invest in energy sector, they must raise their voices on media. It's open & vibrant media now in Pakistan. If they can criticize Army so easily, than what is govt, expose the truth of Ghaddari & Co to awaam.

Exactly my point, govt. will kill you if they got hint that your import is in direction of renewable energy.

Confirms India is part of the equation and control of Pakistani communications is part of agenda.

Looks like some one is trying to control hard truth trickling out of Pakistan.

While, Pakistanis are being kept ignorant by traitor media.

Seriously not needed

FACEPALM__Jack_Skellington_by_A_S_K_08.jpg

When we can produce our own electricity, why import?

You are sitting in UK....guys in Pakistan need it man :D

World Bank don't give money blindly to anyone but before that they scrutinize the project cost and return and give loans only if they see funding is viable and they will get back their money in time.

Tharcoal gasification is just a research project with chances of failure and World Bank won't provide loan for such projects.

IMO if govt discourages inverters willing to invest in energy sector, they must raise their voices on media. It's open & vibrant media now in Pakistan. If they can criticize Army so easily, than what is govt, expose the truth of Ghaddari & Co to awaam.

Pakistan media is biggest illusion.

They will instead report about you and you shall know the rest.

Pakistanis know much more horrible stories abut the activities of ministers,, but surprisingly nothing made it to media only unfortunate politicians got caught on tape.

World Bank don't give money blindly to anyone but before that they scrutinize the project cost and return and give loans only if they see funding is viable and they will get back their money in time.

Tharcoal gasification is just a research project with chances of failure and World Bank won't provide loan for such projects.

Read my post again i think you didn't get it. I mean Pakistan can deduct some $$ from its budget to spend for that project & 1.4billion$ is not that hard to come out. Also Private Sector should be given chance to invest there.

Original Post By American Pakistani

Why have I never heard this come from a Pakistani mouth when it is concerning China?

But when it comes to India, Pakistan most stop all import.

Stupid mentality and obsessive about India again!

Why are we getting electricity from a country that suffers from load shedding itself?

We have the capability to produce our own electricity or we have to get we should get from like Iran or something.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom