What's new

Pakistan to get high-tech air defence system

So your 90 odd F-16s will match the 230 MKIs, wow.

Yes they will.....Not only for the reason Neo mentioned, but because those 96 planes can easily provide coverage for all of PAK (with some to spare)

Yes what was it's supposed previous induction dates again?

There's many a slip twixt cup and a lip........I would have thought you guys would know this by now.

Please go read the LCA timeline in the LCA thread.
There are already 5 aircrafts flying already; that is more than the JF-17. So again your point is.
Yes our projects do have slipups etc etc; we are a third world country, developing the second fastest in the world. But our neighbours have complete success rate, I wonder why again..No country has that rate success.

PAF has what say like 5 AWACs, IAF has already ordered 3 or 5 and can order 8 more. MKI van act as mini AWACS they can operate independantly without being under the umbrealla of the phalcon AWACS.

Pak will have 10 AWACS on order and India has 3 the IAF requested more AWAcs but not yet ordered them yet......

Being a "mini" awacs in a AWACS environment is useless

Yes they will.....Not only for the reason Neo mentioned, but because those 96 planes can easily provide coverage for all of PAK (with some to spare)

Why is it people compare F-16s with Su-30s? They are completely different classes of aircraft. Su-30 should be compared with F-15s, they are much similar with the Su-30MKI being analogous to F-15E "Strike Eagle".

How do 90 F-16s face 230 Su-30Mkis? Where did the Mig-29s and Mirage 2000s go? I think are of a similar class as that of an F-16. Which year are we talking about? wont there be 146 MRCAs by then?

Please go read the LCA timeline in the LCA thread.
There are already 5 aircrafts flying already; that is more than the JF-17. So again your point is.
Yes our projects do have slipups etc etc; we are a third world country, developing the second fastest in the world. But our neighbours have complete success rate, I wonder why again..No country has that rate success.

Well i was going through a backlog of previous messages but I will take a moment here. I have read the timeline several times....your neighbours;

a)Never bite of more than they can chew.......

b)Set ego boosting targets (which they then consistantly fail to achieve)

c)Claim they can run when patently they can barely walk

Look where we are now; we are far ahead.. Thank you

IAF is slated to have 8 Phalcon AWACS, 3 are already in production, 5 are to be produced, after the intial 3.
IAF is also planning to take up 8-10 AEW(similar to pak).. Qualitatively and quantitively IAF is superior; Mini AWACS with a data linking is available in Su-30MKI, that is useless according to you...how. AWCAS enviornment only in the Pakistan side,lol..what about the Indian phalcons.. which has more rader range and loiter capacity than those little Embrarer's

Looks like we are diverting a bit from the main topic for discussion here ;)

IAF is slated to have 8 Phalcon AWACS, 3 are already in production, 5 are to be produced, after the intial 3.
IAF is also planning to take up 8-10 AEW(similar to pak).. Qualitatively and quantitively IAF is superior; Mini AWACS with a data linking is available in Su-30MKI, that is useless according to you...how. AWCAS enviornment only in the Pakistan side,lol..what about the Indian phalcons.. which has more rader range and loiter capacity than those little Embrarer's

Got a link for the new orders? The only articles I saw was that they were asking for more NOT that they were gonna get them.

And as the "other" Awacs that is the infamous indigenous system which at last check killed some key scientists....Don't count your chickens before they have hatched........

Your statement also shows how little you have been paying attention.....They are using SAAB aircraft not the "little Embrarer's"( which incidently have link 16 (look it up)) and there are enough aircraft to cover PAK and it's territorial waters several times over. the aim for the eieye is to achieve geographically complete, 24 hour coverage, allowing for aircraft having to land for refuelling & replacement of crews, maintenance downtime etc.

The loiter capacity of the Phalcon will be based upon the IL-76 NOT the 707. WHich also equals less power which is the life blood of a radar system.

As I have said the "mini awacs" will not be of any use in a AWACS environment. look it up.

1. Why does the Pakistani Army launch under-cover operations and use militas? Is is afraid of fighting India in a full scale war because it may loose?

It's know fact India is support insurgencies in Baluchistan why can't you come out and fight? So stop with these stupid wet dreams.

2. What were Pakistan's objectives in launching the Kargil incursion? Were any of them achieved?

From my point of view it was getting more territory and we were successful before your forces found out whats happening after 6 weeks, and we lost them cause of pressure other than that we had the territory in our hands, and you were only able to gain them after we left.

3. You wanted proof of Mig-29s locking onto F-16s? here it is:
http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_327.shtml

Read the second last entry:
May99 223 Sqn MiG-29 G.Chibber Lock-on 2xF-16 ?Sqn/PAF

Its from a neutral source so dont complain.

It has a question mark next to it, meaning it's not confirmed (it's only an online Indian fourmers wet dream). Also, know the role of F-16.

All over the forums every Indian is saying that they got lock-on on PAF F-16. While PAF F-16s are defensive AC. They are not allowed to fly out of the boundries of Pakistan & are only suppose to intercept the enemy if it flies inside Pakistan. So there is no chance ,according to PAF, that any IAF jet got lockon on F-16.

4. Russian planes are all junk right? What were the last planes purchased by the PAF? I think they were F-7s from China in 2002 which are based on a 1950s designed junk called Mig-21!:rofl:

In the 1971 Indo-Pak war when Mig-21s faced F-104s, the F-104 lost everytime, another proof of Russian junk.

In the Vietnam war subsonic Mig-17s armed with only cannon shot down Mach 2 capable, Radar and Missile equipped F-4s of the USAF, another shining example how Russian planes are pure junk!:azn:

Can anyone refute these points?

Take a look at the over-all conflict and you will see. Go analyze the reliability of their missiles, etc. You might not believe me but Key's who's served in the Army will give you a better sight into this.

Also, PAF planes aren't like the original MiG-21s, they are different just go and read about the different variants of the plane.

Melby,

Fishbed summed it up well,
what happened to Atantique.
One MiG-27 flame out, One Helicopter Hit, One MiG-21 Hit. Out of How many IAF runs, I could call it poor % of success in comparison with sortie rate of IAF. IAF were the attacker's and they got their job done, there will be losses. So your point is?

PS: About giving it a go, Atleast come up in the air, so we can engage you. We were up in the air in Kargil, where were you guys...
2 F-16's chickened out; when 2 MiG-29 BVR locked them...

If i say...blah blah blah..... :blah:

ur not gonna believe me what i will quote...and i aint gonna believe what u will........so i dont wanna engage in some kindaa war of words here. These things have been discuessed in past.....so there's no point of wasting more time....i recon:rolleyes:

Plus u do know...i have plenty of other things to take care of these days:whistle:

Back
Top Bottom