What's new

Pakistan to buy bulletproof cricket buses

Am I the only one who sees the contradiction and stupidity of the proposal?
It clearly says that the foreign players are at risk of getting shot at. Except for that they wont be getting hurt while in bus!

The bus has to be bomb proof as well, TATA's can sell their anti mine personnel protection vehicles to PCB. :D

I'm sorry but if these kind of measures have to be taken then it isn't at all encouraging. All it is showing is security lapses of the past are to be resolved but the route issue is terrorism and threat from violence is still there. No sane cricket team would consider going to Pakistan at the moment it is just too Risky.

I understand the sentiment though I doubt this will entice many foreign cricket teams (If any) back to Pakistan.

btr_82a.jpg

They are saying those International teams will be playing in Islamabad. It has come to emerge as a new venue for PCB and Pakistan and they say that they have planned to build a new stadium, which will be Pakistan's biggest and will have a capacity for up to 50,000 spectators. Being a capital city with lots of embassies and foreign diplomats going in and out regularly i think everything should work out fine even without the bullet proof buses for athletes.

What happens when matches are held in say Karachi, Lahore etc.. ?

While such arrangements are ok to start with - though it will take years for the new hotel & stadium to get ready, the overall security set up needs review so that cricket can resume all over the country.

Am I the only one who sees the contradiction and stupidity of the proposal?
It clearly says that the foreign players are at risk of getting shot at. Except for that they wont be getting hurt while in bus!

am i the only one that see this post wrong you know great lets leave all security why were their guards in the twenty twenty cup huh srilanka is apparently safe so why need body guards. why were their 80 bullet proof buses in ipl india is safe so why need it tell the players to use local transport seriously its like you people are trolling how is providing better security wrong it sends no message but one which is we give a damn to what happens with you

What happens when matches are held in say Karachi, Lahore etc.. ?

While such arrangements are ok to start with - though it will take years for the new hotel & stadium to get ready, the overall security set up needs review so that cricket can resume all over the country.

bhaiya a match was held in karachi and it wasnt even done by pcb and it went alright lahore can hold matches and this time security will be very tight

I'm sorry but if these kind of measures have to be taken then it isn't at all encouraging. All it is showing is security lapses of the past are to be resolved but the route issue is terrorism and threat from violence is still there. No sane cricket team would consider going to Pakistan at the moment it is just too Risky.

I understand the sentiment though I doubt this will entice many foreign cricket teams (If any) back to Pakistan.

no its not ipl ordered 80 bullet proof buses was that discouraging srilanka had security was that discouraging meking security better does not mean attacks will happen it means that we are providing you state of that art protection soo feel free to play :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I don't see the same Krait like we use to see. What have you been smoking these days? :smokin:
Naswar.....:D

Just kidding around buddy....Mujhe bhi haq hai...:D

So many idiots from across.

anyway good the buses can be used and a good option during even normal times since when the situation was ok even then the visiting players are provided security in all regional countries

They are saying those International teams will be playing in Islamabad. It has come to emerge as a new venue for PCB and Pakistan and they say that they have planned to build a new stadium, which will be Pakistan's biggest and will have a capacity for up to 50,000 spectators. Being a capital city with lots of embassies and foreign diplomats going in and out regularly i think everything should work out fine even without the bullet proof buses for athletes.

Karachi is organising an event where foreign players are part of it.

as far as the stadiums are concerned these are not attacked so far the security there is not bad at all as the Indians are portryaing. on the other hand any effort to revive sports is good . If World Cup is not being held for the time being in Pakistan, it does not mean that we should not start with small steps for security of players not only foreign but our own too. The Indians are as usual proving to be hateful people who never let go any moment to come up with their hate even if its sports.

Good and also build some RPG proof cricket stadiums!

why dont you build RPG proof presidential palace if you succeed we will be happy to use your experties

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom