What's new

Pakistan tests its Hatf-V ballistic missile — but why bother when more capable alternatives exist?

I disagree - Afghanistan has an extremely young population and the state-of-mind could be changed in 15-20 years. Afghans are struck by misery at the moment, and we blame Pakistan for it (while most of it is self-inflicted) - Once Pakistani and Afghan leaders start to show brotherly bonds the view towards Pakistan will improve. I know Indians will try to sabotage this and Afghans will be incapable of avoiding this, therefore, ISI must be on alert and avoid Indian interference with new and gentle methods (not consulate bombings and financing armed opposition as in the past)
Many people here have grown a fierce anti-Afghan opinion, so there will be some heat towards your statements. I too believe that we are bounded by religion, blood, history, culture and so much more - it is natural that we join together as one country.

If it actually comes to fruition, that is.

I genuinely hope you're Afghan and not some Pakistani or other false-flagger trying to improve Pakistanis' view of Afghans and Afghanistan. Your posts on this thread have indeed slightly improved my perception of Afghans and Afghanistan.

The main problem right now is not India, but the US. Their presence in Afghanistan is limiting the latter from pursuing an independent foreign policy and tilting it against Pakistan, which is what the US wants. It is up to Afghanistan and the nearby powers i.e Russia, Iran, Pakistan and China to force them out and help rebuild Afghanistan. Ideally, India should not be a part of this. It is up to Afghans to pursue better relations with Pakistan, starting with recognising the Durand line.

Nope, not a false-flagger. Born in Kabul but from Laghman province.

Durand Line is a stupid illusion of us Afghans, we lost it almost a century ago and we need to forget about it. "If you lose, you lose - no buts" Anyways, Afghanistan will never be able to take it back. If we try, Pakistans army will be in Kabul in no time (but we don't realise this). Despite all this, I am sure that the Pathans on your side of the border is more happy to be there than our side. I mean we cannot even feed our current population, forget about taking land from others.

For me Durand is the border, and as soon as we accept that fact the sooner we can start to prosper.

The attitude of Pakistanis and Afghans is very hostile and racist towards each other - we blame each other for our common misery. Visionaries are needed to bring us together (I think Imran Khan and Ashraf Ghani is a good start, if they can make it work).

Nope, not a false-flagger. Born in Kabul but from Laghman province.

Durand Line is a stupid illusion of us Afghans, we lost it almost a century ago and we need to forget about it. "If you lose, you lose - no buts" Anyways, Afghanistan will never be able to take it back. If we try, Pakistans army will be in Kabul in no time (but we don't realise this). Despite all this, I am sure that the Pathans on your side of the border is more happy to be there than our side. I mean we cannot even feed our current population, forget about taking land from others.

For me Durand is the border, and as soon as we accept that fact the sooner we can start to prosper.

The attitude of Pakistanis and Afghans is very hostile and racist towards each other - we blame each other for our common misery. Visionaries are needed to bring us together (I think Imran Khan and Ashraf Ghani is a good start, if they can make it work).
I agree. Education is desperately needed on both sides (especially in Afghanistan) to prevent the development of terrorist mentality on both sides and to help quell dangerously jingoistic sentiments. From my knowledge. Afghans tend to be too proud of their heritage and are very ethnic-focussed which is something I despise in general. I am a Punjabi with a lot to be proud of, for example, the Sikh empire (even though I'm not Sikh lol). But I put my country first. If more Afghans did that, they would probably hate Pakistan and "Panjaabees" less.

I agree. Education is desperately needed on both sides (especially in Afghanistan) to prevent the development of terrorist mentality on both sides and to help quell dangerously jingoistic sentiments. From my knowledge. Afghans tend to be too proud of their heritage and are very ethnic-focussed which is something I despise in general. I am a Punjabi with a lot to be proud of, for example, the Sikh empire (even though I'm not Sikh lol). But I put my country first. If more Afghans did that, they would probably hate Pakistan and "Panjaabees" less.

I agree with you. However, Afghans today have nothing and therefore in order to find dignity we (most) find comfort in past glory. This is a well known psychological process. The extreme Afghan stubbornness in heritage was not a common thing 40-50 years ago. This behaviour will fade once economic prosperity is realised.

I agree with you. However, Afghans today have nothing and therefore in order to find dignity we (most) find comfort in past glory. This is a well known psychological process. The extreme Afghan stubbornness in heritage was not a common thing 40-50 years ago. This behaviour will fade once economic prosperity is realised.

I have worked with Afghans here and I know they don;t like the condition their country and people are in. But it's not just that, it's knowing the situation and having no optimism and no hope in things improving any time soon is what makes them bitter and also a bit hostile.
If the same optimism which the Pakistani nation has carried for the past decade or so can some how be transferred over to the Afghans, they would be a much better nation after some years.
Because all it takes to change things around is hope, and when people have hope, they have the courage to fight and wait things out.

Pakistanis suffer from the same to a certain extent. In fact, probably all nations do though some more than others. I agree that this is down to the current state of affairs. I believe the US will not allow Afghanistan to become prosperous and if they ever do, it will be under the condition of making Afghanistan their puppet state. A big worry is that India will fill the role of developing Afghanistan which is what the US has called for. The primary goal is not to help Afghanistan but to use it as a tool against Pakistan and weaken the sole Islamic nuclear power. Even if Pakistan does use the Taliban as proxies against the Western-backed Afghan regime (which I doubt), this will only delay the inevitable unless Afghans secure their own destiny, whether it be one of slavery to cow-worshipping polytheists and Western hedonistic swine or counter their schemes and support the only country that truly cares about them.

Back
Top Bottom