What's new

Pakistan tests first locally-built helicopter

Status
Not open for further replies.
it very difficult for pak private manufacturer to build indigenous helicopter technology with their own efforts.govt. should participate in this program by giving technical and financial help....

Why is an assembled Gyro Kit called an helicopter here?

The image you've posted has no relevance to this thread. I don't see a pusher prop, I see skids and no landing gear and I don't even see a rudder surface.

Lastly, as has been pointed out, the project in question has no connection with a "kit".

If Pakistan aeronautical complex invests in this, can we transform it into AH-6 little bird?? :p:P

ah6jd_3.jpg

Helicopter.gif

Well this plane is perfect for our civilian usage and with little bit of enhancement with turkey and china I think we can also integrate few weapons on it

The above kit sells in US for about us$3000.
Mosquito_Air_0012.jpg

If you observe more closely the pilot is actually wearing a local bike helmet and it wont be able to provide him enough safety measures even at 1000 feet..

Anyways, my sincere wishes with the engineering team.. :yahoo:

Private sector! no govt support......... f****ing govt!!!!

They should support the private sector... if we can build a 2 seater heli then surely a heavy lift chopper aint a big problem!

Also wat do u think will be the use of such a heli?recon missions?>? something like lama heli???

The guy who posted the news deserves THANKS!!

Its not the government, but armed forces which fund defence related development. But looking at UAV sector, honestly speaking, armed forces have let the private sector down by going for foriegn UAVs. I can still recall a thread about this when on of the head of such firms complained that with the amount that was spent on procuring the foriegn UAVs, we could develop better ones or even UCAVs

if they increase the power of the engine and make the structure of the helicopter bigger it can be used for the purpose of air ambulance relief work by disaster management teams etc but serious changes will have to be made if it has to be used by the army

@santro

Can you name the company that made the engine? certainly it was not manufactured in the lab/garage you had mentioned?

TY

This is not a helicopter but an autogyro.

I don't mean to discourage but I think that those who mentioned how this used an indigenous engine doesn't really matter.
Autogyros use piston engines. Most "real" helicopters....actually I think all of them.... use a turboshaft engine(s). Has anyone in Pakistan developed a turboshaft engine?

I suppose you can't walk before you learn to crawl, but I think that other than the possibility of turning this into an observation drone, it has no potential for military application.

A small group of engineers made this machine from their own money.....i think its a big achievement as we cant expect a Apache from them...

its not impossible for pakistan to make its own heli dear but its matter of interest .pakistan is not interested to make its own heli otherwise a country which can make tanks jets missiles nuclear bombs can easily make a light heli.

Impossible is nothing, but helicopters are something really very different. Their Engine, Rotors, Structures, Aerodynamics are something very ahead of jet fighters....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom