What's new

Pakistan tests first locally-built helicopter

Status
Not open for further replies.
credit should be given where it is due. congrats to the engineers involved, it is a good effort and I hope more support is provided for further development.

I think so too, they bought the kit...because building this type of machine need some basic knowledge. In US they sell assembly kits..

I think so too, they bought the kit...because building this type of machine need some basic knowledge. In US they sell assembly kits..

and how do u know they dont have that knowledge??

one thing which i dont understand is, how gonna they evolve a plane which has separate basic design, into a proper functioning helicopter?? looks a bit strange..

While looking at second duniya tv video, I am really impressed. Not about design but basics. They did experiment of basic and once they involve body, it would look nice. But long way to develop (around 6-7 years).

I would say, security might be problem. They are using petrol which might be problem for them as security issue moreover flight control are yet not perfect (video of landing), moreover they are talking about water. I would say first land on soil and idea of water should be forget. They are doing unnecessary work.

What you will learn from this so called helicopter is the experience of mistakes. The more mistake you do, more quickly you can produce another product.

What a friggin' troll fest! If this goes on, I will start banning offenders. Stick to the topic and if you don't have anything worthwhile to say, move along.

This is a wonderful achievement for a small, private team of engineers. Many here seem to be fixated on the appearance of the aircraft, not realizing that if you cover this airframe with a lightweight aluminum or fiberglass body, it will suddenly look like a finished product. The focus for this team right now, as the second Dunya video explains, is to create a larger prototype (4 seater) and clean this design up for use in very specific applications (e.g. 80 to be used by Islamabad police for surveillance duties, as per the news video).

This is precisely what the government should be doing... now that this private "company" has produced a potentially important product, they should take a risk and make a bet on them. Let's see how it pans out. Even if 1 in 5 or 10 such investments work, it will be more than worth it for the country! This is how the US did it. The USG funds proposals that exist only on paper and may never yield anything concrete; DARPA and the NSF have been doling out billions for decades. Pakistan may not have the budgetary wherewithal to fund that volume of basic research, but more tangible and immediately valuable projects like this gyro copter are excellent candidates for Governmental support.

Pakistani Domestic helicopter

What a friggin' troll fest! If this goes on, I will start banning offenders. Stick to the topic and if you don't have anything worthwhile to say, move along.

This is a wonderful achievement for a small, private team of engineers. Many here seem to be fixated on the appearance of the aircraft, not realizing that if you cover this airframe with a lightweight aluminum or fiberglass body, it will suddenly look like a finished product. The focus for this team right now, as the second Dunya video explains, is to create a larger prototype (4 seater) and clean this design up for use in very specific applications (e.g. 80 to be used by Islamabad police for surveillance duties, as per the news video).

This is precisely what the government should be doing... now that this private "company" has produced a potentially important product, they should take a risk and make a bet on them. Let's see how it pans out. Even if 1 in 5 or 10 such investments work, it will be more than worth it for the country! This is how the US did it. The USG funds proposals that exist only on paper and may never yield anything concrete; DARPA and the NSF have been doling out billions for decades. Pakistan may not have the budgetary wherewithal to fund that volume of basic research, but more tangible and immediately valuable projects like this gyro copter are excellent candidates for Governmental support.

Pakistani Domestic helicopter

LOL, right when Indian Forums posted the video and 5 minutes later so did you. Were you just wondering around or are you there occasionally.???:cheesy:

LOL, right when Indian Forums posted the video and 5 minutes later so did you. Were you just wondering around or are you there occasionally.???:cheesy:

Not sure what you are asking... if you are referring to some other indian forum, no, I hardly have enough time for this one. The video I've posted above is actually a repost from a couple of pages back in this thread. It was posted here hours ago.

Why is an assembled Gyro Kit called an helicopter here?

flight3red.jpg

now it is shamefull to call such a thing a helicopter..
but if it is such a big achievement [as some say it is not assembled kit] then what parts are made here
blades engine tyres frame ?

btw is it necessary to reinvent the wheel ?

look at kaveri ..[though that is not exactly a reinvention of wheel .. but some thing very distantly relevant..]

i forgot to add that we cant even make a 70cc bike engine,how come this gyro ? .. piston bana nai saka so called helicopter bana dia

now it is shamefull to call such a thing a helicopter..
but if it is such a big achievement [as some say it is not assembled kit] then what parts are made here
blades engine tyres frame ?

btw is it necessary to reinvent the wheel ?

look at kaveri ..[though that is not exactly a reinvention of wheel .. but some thing very distantly relevant..]

i forgot to add that we cant even make a 70cc bike engine,how come this gyro ? .. piston bana nai saka so called helicopter bana dia

Please re read the thread.
Every part.. from the Altimieter down to the tail fin is local.
Including the engine.

Also..
If ..as per your claim we cant manufacture a bike engine.. then as per your flag.. I suggest that you get up and visit a bike factory here..
Seems you need to get out more.
If you are unaware of something.. request awareness instead of making ignorant conclusions.

The statement of helicopter was coined by the press..simply because 96% of the population is unaware of what is an Autogyro.

You are incorrect. Both engines and pistons have been built in Pakistan.

..:: Pak Piston Industry ::.. manufacturers of pistons in Pakistan

Yasoob truck engines were manufactured as far back as the 90s completely in Pakistan.

The problem with unmitigated cynicism is that it starts to blind you. Please do some research rather than making these broad, unsubstantiated claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom