What's new

Pakistan Targets Air Combat...

At the moment JF17 suits the PAF better. In a few years it would be better to have the upgraded FC20. The FC20 has more development potential but it does cost a bit more and is more difficult to maintain. If I would have the option to fill the whole picture then it would be JF17->JF17-MLU ->FC20 -> j13/14. If possible naval J11 to replace Mirages.

So basicly you will have:
- Mushaq, K8, JF17 [all 100% internal)
- FC20 - J11 (china)
- J13/14 development

Hope to replace orions with non western option

T37 out
F16a/b out before 150 JF17 are inducted
end of f16 orders and investment in FC20 upgrade. (French avionics)

Interesting view, So by looking at that, PAF would eventually become a more Chinese oriented Air Force. Do you think the Chinese would sell you the J-XX when they are ready? because normally a nation don't sell you their most advanced product unless they have a fighter better than it. In return, this would take a very long time before the PAF would get the J-XX.

Anyways, waar ben je in nederland?.

The best fighter is not the one you have to purchase from the most untrustworthy supplier but the one you can build yourself.

That is true to some extent. The counter argument would be that presuming you are talking about the Thunder being able to build yourself, you still need the supply of the engines from China inorder to complete your plane.

So inotherwords, your still relying on another party.

Interesting view, So by looking at that, PAF would eventually become a more Chinese oriented Air Force. Do you think the Chinese would sell you the J-XX when they are ready? because normally a nation don't sell you their most advanced product unless they have a fighter better than it. In return, this would take a very long time before the PAF would get the J-XX.

May nation have shifted towards either Russian, Chinese, American or European airforce. I do not see any problems with that. It is more handy to have a complement airforce that can be suported easily or where the spares are just hours away rather then very strict controlled and probably not usuable airforce when needed. And there is not much difference between a fighter from China compared with what Pak gets from others. Slightly less advanced probably but you can upgrade parts just like PAF did in the past. :)

After the Cold war Russia had its share of problems, just because they have been supplying India doesn't mean they cant supply us, we have been taking stuff from them for Decades the only problem is that due to India's pressure they don't say no neither do they say yes. End of the day we just have to pay more. Just look at there track record since WW1, they have been changing sides that says something about them.
And about the engines it should be discussed in TT to avoid any speculations.

Murad sahib,

So are you confirming that the RD93 will be delayed or used in limited numbers due to pressure from India?

And are you suggesting that even if it is not provided in the numbers required, the PAF is moving towards the WS-13, so a delay in the program is not going to happen in either instance?

China orderd 100 RD-93's in 2005 for FC-1/JF-17 project and reached an accord with Russia to re-export the engine to Pakistan in 2007. The Klimov RD-93 will power the first batch of 50 Block I PAF Thunders whereas PLAAF's FC-1 will use the WS-13 which leaves them with 50 surplus engines which will probably be kept as spares for PAF's Block I.
Block II will either use the Chinese WS-13 or a European powerplant, we're still looking into several options and have atleast another year to nake final decision.

Since Russia will have completed the delivery of 100 engines to China by spring 2009 there's no chance of delays in production. We'll even have a surplus! :coffee:

China orderd 100 RD-93's in 2005 for FC-1/JF-17 project and reached an accord with Russia to re-export the engine to Pakistan in 2007. The Klimov RD-93 will power the first batch of 50 Block I PAF Thunders whereas PLAAF's FC-1 will use the WS-13 which leaves them with 50 surplus engines which will probably be kept as spares for PAF's Block I.
Block II will either use the Chinese WS-13 or a European powerplant, we're still looking into several options and have atleast another year to nake final decision.

Since Russia will have completed the delivery of 100 engines to China by spring 2009 there's no chance of delays in production. We'll even have a surplus! :coffee:

Good info but any supporting links would have been great.

Supporting what? All events are covered in details in several threads....:what:

Supporting what? All events are covered in details in several threads....:what:

I know but mostly in forums, I thought you had taken the excerpts from a news source. NP I am fine with your info.

I can provide you official links, what exactly do you want to know?

May nation have shifted towards either Russian, Chinese, American or European airforce. I do not see any problems with that. It is more handy to have a complement airforce that can be suported easily or where the spares are just hours away rather then very strict controlled and probably not usuable airforce when needed. And there is not much difference between a fighter from China compared with what Pak gets from others. Slightly less advanced probably but you can upgrade parts just like PAF did in the past. :)

You haven't really answered my questions, but OK.

That is the natural behaviour when a country that does not have the capability to produce her own military hardware. That's right, there is no problems with orienting your armed forces to a specific country, infact from a Pakistans perspective, it is best for you guys to tilt more to China than the West...say Americans.

We have conditions when providing military hardware to other nations that satisfies our interests. Another advantage is that China is your all weather friend not to mention the proximity of the two nations. Any delivery would be fast.

The Chinese are modernizing fast and their military hardware are also improving in quality, so I am not suprised that you say there are not much different. That is true when China has many methods she could utilize in obtaining new technologies.

The thing that worries us about China is their ability to produce hybrid technologies for their armed forces. (Western Tech. and Russian Tech.).

JUST! wanted to focus on , our militry planing & our militry planners!

why is that we, keep planing indian massive air attack only! why cant we see NATO, USAF,INDIA joint strategic air raid on pakistan?

why dont !we are not being, ready for allied joint strike, to take out our nuclear assests?
F-16 , were became a joke in pakistan, every thn & now, why should USA , would like to give us more F-16's. why?
why, cant we open our eyes from the DREAMS OF f-16's , when we are not on the list of strategic US partners!:tsk::disagree:

The proverb goes like this, hope for the best and prepare for the worst. However, the Muslim leaders always find it much more convenient to hope for the best and prepare for the best and thus the Muslim states find themselves outwitted by their enemies all the times. When the crunch time comes these Muslim leaders suddenly become very religious (Saddam was seen praying when the bombs had started falling)and tell their people to suck their thumbs and pray to Allah for deliverance.

Last edited:

If you haven't noticed PAF has always been Chinese oriented. F-6, FT-6
FT-5, F-7, F-7pg, K-8, JF-17 including Transport planes.

Back
Top Bottom