What's new

Pakistan Targets Air Combat...

With every JF17 and Fc20 entering PAF the US influence will decrease. In the end they might have a good plane but I doubt that the others are not good enough. And having no boycottable planes is a gift. Even if it is a short war. I rather have JF17_FC20 up in the air then a plane the opponent knows as good as we do.

Munir, if you could only have one, which would you go for? Thunder or the Vigorous Dragon?.

No, this cannot be happening, you can't be serious...

Don't you love us anymore?. :cry: :P

the history tells that US has betrayed Pakistan countless of times.. they have been toying with sanctions on pakistan be it war time or peace. the US only comes after its interests and sucks the blood and leaves without saying "thankyou" lol.
as mush as i love US i seem to hate their policy day by day, and hope it changes which will bring peace and prosperity for both in the region.

And in a few years we can add the Waddling Cow to the list ..:D

or perhaps the Swinging Monkey ...

Now, Now, Aggy, don't be a spoil sport and take this moment to really reflect on the lyrics of that beautiful song. :usflag:

Not to mention you also reside in that free land. :D

Munir, if you could only have one, which would you go for? Thunder or the Vigorous Dragon?.

At the moment JF17 suits the PAF better. In a few years it would be better to have the upgraded FC20. The FC20 has more development potential but it does cost a bit more and is more difficult to maintain. If I would have the option to fill the whole picture then it would be JF17->JF17-MLU ->FC20 -> j13/14. If possible naval J11 to replace Mirages.

So basicly you will have:
- Mushaq, K8, JF17 [all 100% internal)
- FC20 - J11 (china)
- J13/14 development

Hope to replace orions with non western option

T37 out
F16a/b out before 150 JF17 are inducted
end of f16 orders and investment in FC20 upgrade. (French avionics)

Last edited:
F16a/b out before 150 JF17 are inducted

is that in case we dont get MLU? but F-16 block15 MLU M3 are meant to stay beyond 2020 in NATO air force so i think we should expect this baby to stay beyond 2022 in PAF!

TAIPEI -

The Russian-built RD-93 turbofan engine outfitting the JF-17 will have to be replaced due to pressure from India on Russia. Khan said the Chinese-built WS-13 Taishan engine is the most likely replacement.

This is music to my ears since I have seen so my pro and counter news item on this. If true this has significant impact will push the programme by several years. I tend to ask for the source ...

Last edited:
This is music to my years since I have seen so my pro and counter news item on this. If true this has significant impact will push the programme by several years. I tend to ask for the source ...

If it was true then there would no JF17's in Pakistan. As a Indian you might love to post rubbish just to get a smile on your face but either it is said by a dumb person or heard by a deaf person. I tend to ask for less imagination.:crazy:

If it was true then there would no JF17's in Pakistan. As a Indian you might love to post rubbish just to get a smile on your face but either it is said by a dumb person or heard by a deaf person. I tend to ask for less imagination.:crazy:

It is not rubbish its from the source article itself, You may ignore if you want to. I had read articles about pros and cons what wrong in asking the source of article. Does it change any thing ? Its about knowing facts without mixing with patriotism.

This is music to my years since I have seen so my pro and counter news item on this. If true this has significant impact will push the programme by several years. I tend to ask for the source ...

As mentioned before by a fellow member. The report is flawed in many ways.

Former Russian President himself authorized the delivery of all RD-93 engines to China and Pakistan along with the permission to re-export to 4 other countries. This was followed by the visit of former Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Fradkov on April 11, 2007 to boost relations with Pakistan and conveyed the message of cooperation in the defence field. :enjoy::pakistan:

I am the source any doubts, just because few civilian have inside source doesn't mean that what he or she is telling you is wrong.
The Program is not be delayed.

F-16s F-16s F-16s..:smitten:

dude people are just taking their anti-US frustration out of poor F-16s. they will still be one of the best fighters around specially in PAF hands. "not being patriotic here". US will try its best to keep our top military brass happy but still restrict our defense capabilities though it does not necessarily means through bugs and down graded stuff. in case F-16 are never delivered it will only make their matters worst. the military will once in for all lose all its trust on US and eventually take advantage of US collapse "which is coming" and close its doors to US. and oh.. no one will trust US for military equipments.
what i see is that as soon as all US origin weapons are delivered to pakistan then the military will say :wave: to :usflag: .. it will not happen over night. but i think the transition has already been started.

The best fighter is not the one you have to purchase from the most untrustworthy supplier but the one you can build yourself.

I am the source any doubts, just because few civilian have inside source doesn't mean that what he or she is telling you is wrong.

Murad sahib,

So are you confirming that the RD93 will be delayed or used in limited numbers due to pressure from India?

And are you suggesting that even if it is not provided in the numbers required, the PAF is moving towards the WS-13, so a delay in the program is not going to happen in either instance?

As mentioned before by a fellow member. The report is flawed in many ways.

Former Russian President himself authorized the delivery of all RD-93 engines to China and Pakistan along with the permission to re-export to 4 other countries. This was followed by the visit of former Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Fradkov on April 11, 2007 to boost relations with Pakistan and conveyed the message of cooperation in the defence field. :enjoy::pakistan:

I read that too and few others contradicting news items emanating from Russia about RD-33, Since this article seemed fairly recent I asked for the source.

Muradk said:

Thats much better.

Back
Top Bottom