What's new

Pakistan successfully tests night launch of surface to surface ballistic missile Ghaznavi: ISPR

Really ? Ghaznavi ?

Do we still have that missile, If I remember correctly few years back there was talk of dis-continuing ghaznavi missile as it does not offer any strategic edge in current scenarios. I think the argument was that it has Very limited range, Lighter payload and induction of standoff weapons made it redundant.

just A glorified artillery shell if u ask me

Anyway congratulations on successful test

It's meant to be used as a tactical nuke. Meaning against armored vehicles and troops, which is why a high payload or range is irrelevant on it.

when they fly u and i both will die. there is no discrimnation its mutual deaths for all 1.5 Billion people. bangaliz might die too unintentianally if we bomb Calcutta region etc.

i think this one is perfect for tatctical nukes. unguided unlike nasar

Good call, but Ghaznavi is guided.

This missile is a very unique one, can carry many different types of warheads from thermobaric to all types of nuclear plus special warheads.......to destroy enemy's communication and electronics.
Every missile can do that.

Congrats :pakistan::pakistan:

and those who are disappointed, are exactly the ones that couldn't understand the reason for Ghaznavi Test. In fact you guys were also surprised on 27th Feb. Please, don't be ungrateful.
27th nothing more then a better PR campaign after millions of messed up issues in that domain,a single moment of glory in past 20 years.

Tip of the iceberg.
If it carries a EMP warhead then it can be said a game changer otherwise it's only a fancy artillery rocket.

Congrats :pakistan::pakistan:

and those who are disappointed, are exactly the ones that couldn't understand the reason for Ghaznavi Test. In fact you guys were also surprised on 27th Feb. Please, don't be ungrateful.
That's the problem here everyone here is trying to become a defence analyst without knowing much about missiles.The reason behind this test is to warn India that if our borders are penetrated we can Target and destroy their cities and military areas close to border to stop them dead in their tracks.And it will be almost impossible for them to stop this missile by using their anti missile systems because of its low altitude and less distance.
Though one thing I cannot understand is that on TV channels they are bragging about testing it during night time and it did hit it's Target which according to them is a acheivement.
The missile follow the GPS system to reach it's Target it doesn't have eyes so it's not matter whether it's day or not the GPS navigation system works the same way.How exactly firing during night time is different ?

27th nothing more then a better PR campaign after millions of messed up issues in that domain,a single moment of glory in past 20 years.

In fact much more except those who couldn't grasp it. Every single thing even a single bullet does count for the glory and has nothing to do with ungrateful lot at all. Undermining military capabilities & degrading defence of Pakistan does represent the sad state of misguided & illiterate lot. I have to use these words seeing the filth by our own thrown on the internet that most of them are good for nothing to the nation and had to vent themselves through internet just because they have issues due to their political fathers.

Back
Top Bottom