What's new

Pakistan successfully tests night launch of surface to surface ballistic missile Ghaznavi: ISPR

Max

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Pakistan successfully tests night launch of surface to surface ballistic missile Ghaznavi: ISPR
Dawn.comAugust 29, 2019
Facebook Count36
Twitter Share

5d676ec9a68d1.png

A still image from the video shared by ISPR.
Pakistan has successfully carried out the night training launch of Ghaznavi, a surface to surface ballistic missile, Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor said on Thursday.

The missile "is capable of delivering multiple types of warheads up to 290 kilometres", said Maj Gen Ghafoor via a tweet, which also included a video of the launch.

DG ISPR

✔@OfficialDGISPR

https://twitter.com/OfficialDGISPR/status/1166955085924130816

Pakistan successfully carried out night training launch of surface to surface ballistic missile Ghaznavi, capable of delivering multiple types of warheads upto 290 KMs. CJCSC & Services Chiefs congrat team. President & PM conveyed appreciation to team & congrats to the nation.

11:05 AM - Aug 29, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

20.7K people are talking about this

According to DG ISPR, the president and prime minister "conveyed appreciation to the team and congratulations to the nation" for the successful testing of the missile.

Earlier in May, Pakistan conducted a successful training launch of Shaheen-II, a surface-to-surface ballistic missile.

In January, Pakistan witnesses another successful launch of the tactical ballistic missile Nasr as part of the Army Strategic Forces Command training exercise.

The missile is capable of defeating — by assured penetration — "any currently available BMD [Ballistic Missile Defence] system in our neighbourhood or any other system under procurement [or] development", the military's media wing had said.

Last edited:
Really ? Ghaznavi ?

Do we still have that missile, If I remember correctly few years back there was talk of dis-continuing ghaznavi missile as it does not offer any strategic edge in current scenarios. I think the argument was that it has Very limited range, Lighter payload and induction of standoff weapons made it redundant.

just A glorified artillery shell if u ask me

Anyway congratulations on successful test

Edited PS : As @pakistanipower pointed out, I might be confusing abdali with Ghaznavi. Yes It might be Abdali SRBM that was rumored to be phased out.

Last edited:
ooo bhai u need excuse to shut down airspace because we are signatory of Int civil aviation... so jawaaz nikala hey... again "Behns Choor" scene huwa hey Pakistanio kay saath... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom