What's new

Pakistan successfully tests night launch of surface to surface ballistic missile Ghaznavi: ISPR

Yaar mai samgha ke media ko bulate hai test site par but i guess its not true

Dushmano ki zyada geli peeli hoti hai raat ke andhere mai
ISPR release of this test to Media, but no media invited on test site, @TsAr is right about it

What’s so different about the night launch ? I fail to understand the significance of it. ?
to give a message to india, they blabbering about to capturing Azad Kashmir and also blaming that Terrorist/SSG from Pakistan are trying to get into India from south @maverick1977

any NOTAM for new tests ?
I believe NOTAMs are secret specifically these days for general public ...

What’s so different about the night launch ? I fail to understand the significance of it. ?
I don't think there could be a technical issue when its night at the time of launch since all the sensors and navigations on board work despite of what ever light conditions or weather conditions are , the night test could be a message that we are ready all the time....

so it rumors, its impossible to unnoticed that Ghouri is tested and ignore but Ghaznavi test become on the spot light on all over the media, i didn't understand @PakSword
Battlefield level nuclear missiles are the real headaches even for USA, since they are almost impossible to intercept and can bring disaster on the battlefields

Battlefield level nuclear missiles are the real headaches even for USA, since they are almost impossible to intercept and can bring disaster on the battlefields
Ghaznavi is not Battlefield ballistic Misssile, NASR, Abdali is, Ghaznavi is TACTICAL/Short range ballistic missile @Comrade

Ghaznavi doesn't need MIRV it doesn't go to outer space. it targets very near territory. hence its very hard to intercept it with anti ballistic missile defence systems. since its very low flight.

RANGE....!! It was what first THING came into my mind that why the range is too short...?
But the reason HOPEFULLY is to counter the Missile defense system india is going to have(Prediction).
AM I RIGHT?

Agree but i was talking about NASR not Ghusnavi
NASR is basically for wipe out entire columns of enemy, whereas Ghaznavi's Job is for destroying command &control centers bases, air force bases, storage depots etc etc, Ghaznavi has more impotent job then NASR has @Comrade

for Pakistan the CPEC could be anything in the range of 45 billion dollars to 150 billion dollars depending on what we actually want to do with it.

I heard after M6, Imran Khan even cancelled the ML1?
I wonder, what is he going to present to public in next elections?

Simple, if you want to fry enemy at 200 to 300 kms you can't fire shaheen or Ghauri missile you need shorter range missiles.....there are limitations of usage and range you can decrease range but not more than 20 to 30%....Understand?
is it really hypersonic as some users mention here ?

RANGE....!! It was what first THING came into my mind that why the range is too short...?
But the reason HOPEFULLY is to counter the Missile defense system india is going to have(Prediction).
AM I RIGHT?

Total flight of this missile is over in 4 minutes 35 seconds to its maximum target 250km away.

If someone system in the world can travel so fast to a designated location and then intercept this missile in just 4 minuted & 35 seconds i would be amazed!

It wont be fired on cities its for armored thrust and infantry columns.

Its a bit better than nasr i hear.

I hope we never have to use it, but if there ever arrives a situation when we have no other choice, then I hope we do not hold back and fire our entire arsenal.

NASR is basically for wipe out entire columns of enemy, whereas Ghaznavi's Job is for destroying command &control centers bases, air force bases, storage depots etc etc, Ghaznavi has more impotent job then NASR has @Comrade

Do you mean 'important' or 'impotent'? Rest, your explanation is more or less correct. Nasr is a tactical nuclear weapon (TNW) to be used against advancing forces. Ghaznavi is a switch-role BM that can serve both near-strategic goals (i.e. target nearby counter-value targets like cities and towns in Gujrat and Rajhastan, perhaps even Punjab) and operational goals (i.e. target counter-force targets like the ones you have mentioned above). But mostly it would be viable as operational system. Abdali has an operational role.

Last edited:
might be not for advancing forces but for holding forces of IA ....

Could work either way. TNWs have their own added dilemma of when to use?; i.e. 'react' when the enemy forces have advanced & crossed the lines or 'preempt' before they cross the line. It will all depend on the situation of warfare, effectiveness of C2 system and SOPs issued to the field commanders when TNWs are handed over to them (generally speaking).

69602950_2190431321084554_4658570744718950400_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom