What's new

Pakistan successfully tests Babur 2 Cruise Missile.

The actual range and capabilities are never released to public.

Developing a terrain hugging missile equipped with state of the art navigational technologies of Terrain Contour Matching (TERCOM) and all time Digital Scene Matching & Area Co-relation (DSMAC) is a proud moment for our scientists.

Technogainist bhaiya , understood what you are saying . Missile has to reach general area of the ship through gps and then the short range methods are used for individual ship recognition. And Pakistan has developed this level of sophisticated tech ? Ok.

hahaha....as far as I know....not bhayyia but baji...

Sir can assume that Babur II has got something to do with recently announced coastal defence system? Your views plz.

Babur 2 and Coastal Defence System, are two different things.

Babaur2 = https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan...-2-cruise-missile.466682/page-16#post-9011171

"In my opinion" CDS would have a max range of 500km ~ 600km, whereas Babur sits close to +/-1,000kms, or more.
Note: CDS -Knowing Pakistani Armed Forces, I wouldn't buy this story of 250km ~ 300km. Sorry

@Rashid Mahmood can shed more light on CDS.

http://www.dnd.com.pk/pakistan-successfully-tests-babur-weapon-system-version-2/120995
Pakistan successfully tests Babur Weapon System version – 2
By
DND
-
December 14, 2016
RAWALPINDI, Pakistan: Pakistan on Wednesday conducted a successful test of an enhanced version of the indigenously developed Babur Cruise Missile, according to the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR).

The ISPR said that Babur Weapon System version – 2 incorporates advanced aerodynamics and avionics that can strike targets both at land and sea with high accuracy at a range of 700 kilometers.

It is a low flying, terrain hugging missile which carries certain stealth features and is capable of carrying various types of warheads.

Equipped with state of the art navigational technologies of Terrain Contour Matching (TERCOM) and all time Digital Scene Matching & Area Co-relation (DSMAC) which enables it to engage various type of targets with pinpoint accuracy even in the absence of GPS navigation. Babur Weapon System is an important force multiplier for Pakistan’s strategic defence.

Today’s launch was witnessed by the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) General Zubair Mahmood Hayat, senior officers from Strategic Plans Division, Strategic Forces, scientists and engineers of strategic organizations.

The CJCSC congratulated the scientists and engineers on achieving yet another milestone of great value and significance. He appreciated the technical prowess, dedication and commitment of scientists who contributed to the success of this launch.

Expressing his full confidence over the Strategic Command and Control System and the Strategic Forces’ operational preparedness, CJCSC stated that this test further strengthens Pakistan’s Deterrence Capability.

President Mamnoon Hussain and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif have congratulated the scientists and engineers on successful conduct of today’s missile test.

>> Pakistan should develop air defense systems.

Can it sink their aircraft carrier?

It can cripple it ...several hits might be needed to cripple it....cariers are huge though indian one is 1/5th size of american...

Hypersonic missiles...due to their kinetic energy can do more damage...

But why to sink , just cripple it and than hit the rescuers

It can cripple it ...several hits might be needed to cripple it....cariers are huge though indian one is 1/5th size of american...

Hypersonic missiles...due to their kinetic energy can do more damage...

But why to sink , just cripple it and than hit the rescuers

Vikramaditya weighs 45 k tons. So as per your argument US aricraft carier must weigh 225 K Tons. Is it?

11 years past since first test of Babur cruise missile. This program is improving every year and Becoming Mature in many aspects . Thanks to our scientists for such hard work and dedication in this program. Now, we have capability to hit targets in sea.
In reply,India is doing multi layer Defense shield, which means If we dodge one system, then we have to face Second layer of their defense system. We have multi-tubes system for Babur cruise missile but Now, its right time we should concentrate on MIRV technology.

Last edited:
11 years past since first test of Babur cruise missile. This program is improving every year and Becoming Mature in many aspects . Thanks to our scientists for such hard work and dedication in this program. Now, we have capability to hit targets in sea.
In reply,India is doing multi layer Defense shield, which means If we dodge one system, then we have to face Second layer of their defense system. We have multi-tube for Babur cruise missile but Now, its right time we should concentrate on MIRV technology.

I have heard before that Pakistan has been busy mastering MIRV for a long time now. I wouldn't be surprised if we were in a very advanced stage of this critical capability. I doubt that Pakistan would convey this capability.

Hi,

No----it cannot. It would be more potent to use a sub surface small yield nuc tipped torpedo that you even detonate a few meter below the keel of the ship or in close vicinity of it.

That is the best solution to sink a carrier---. A hit from the top may cripple it---but will not sink it.

mastan bhai wat if nasar warhead is fitted in babur it will do the similler job?

I have heard before that Pakistan has been busy mastering MIRV for a long time now. I wouldn't be surprised if we were in a very advanced stage of this critical capability. I doubt that Pakistan would convey this capability.
Also, i am more interested in new 8 submarines from china, we will receive delivery of first submarine after 2 year according to news, So we should expect first submarine launch test within few years,this Day is not far. Yes I also heard about our scientists busy in MIRV, but still no official confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom