What's new

Pakistan successfully tests Babur 2 Cruise Missile.

will see it later but the very first thing I noticed about the test after hear this news (& off-course visiting the ISPR site)

View attachment 360299 View attachment 360300

4 tube version of the launcher ..... will post any other observation after watching video (only if I find it necessary)

View attachment 360301

An earlier test was also conducted from a 4X Tube launcher.

babur_launch1.jpg

Not entirely true, so to clarify a bit more:

A. Babur-I version 1: Introduced in 2005, <700km range, Ground-launched, could hit only strategic targets.
B. Babur-I version 2: Introduced now, 700km range, Ground-launched, can hit conventional targets on land and sea.

C. Babur (probable undesignated variant in development): Ship-launched Babur-I version 2
D. Babur SLCM (rumored designation Babur-II, in development): ~700-1000km range, Submarine-launched.

Babur I version 2 has upgrades to range, avionics, RCS and targeting capabilities.
True. Can you clarify some doubts.
RCS improvement facility is available in Pakistan?
When we will see Submarine and ship launched version of Babar?

and It has stealth capabilities, said an official
and Speed is: ‎880 km/h or 550 mph (Mach 0.8)

True. Can you clarify some doubts.
RCS improvement facility is available in Pakistan?
When we will see Submarine and ship launched version of Babar?
I think you're referring to RCS detection facility. I don't know anything about it.

When they are completely ready.

So, its not really a Babur-II kind of thing rather Version 2 of the Babur I.

Rawalpindi - December 14, 2016:
Pakistan today conducted a successful test of an enhanced version of the indigenously developed Babur Cruise Missile. Babur Weapon System version - 2 incorporates advanced aerodynamics and avionics that can strike targets both at land and sea with high accuracy, at a range of 700 kilometers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom