What's new

Pakistan snubs India over bulletproof car at SAARC summit

Hmm now MR Nawaz Sarif needs to bring his cook as well.
Nepal is paying RENTALS for the cars. When the car is provided by the Govt of Nepal, it does not matter from where the car is being procured. Every member of SAARC is a developing nation and every SAARC nation is capable to bring their own bullet proof cars. Thats not the point. I would say its not a snub to India but a snub to Nepal, if at all. Else Nawaz has every right to bring his own car.

How about the other Indian non-armored BMWs and Mercs that all the foreign officials will be using? Will the Pakistanis fly in their Mehrans too? :P
Maybe, maybe not.

Point being, none of India's business.

narendra-modi-bmw-760li-high-security-edition.jpg

Nah. He has no self respect left. I bet, he wanted to showoff the latest bulletproof Mercedes that he imported for himself at the expense of Pakistan! :)

whats wrong with Pakistani leader having the best car after all we are better than all of them

Indian owned is not an issue, because it is not an Indian car anyway. It's a armored German vehicle. So let's take that out of the discussion here.

What could be the reason was that security might be an issue or any bugging done therein. It is a good move, because the sensational media in your country will make a big deal out of it by claiming 'Pakistan's PM used Indian supplied vehicle' and the half brain dead population would assume that somehow there were no other options available.

Bring your own car just avoids the whole issue, after all India and Pakistan are the two dominant forces at the summit anyway.

Times of India already has this as the news on the front page and in big. WTH.

You obviously have not felt the Modi phenomenon in India. LOL!! Why do you think a country whose GDP is nearly 2 trillion dollars would make a news out of Pakistani PM travelling in Indian car when protocol demands that Indians provide for it if that is indeed what had been previously agreed upon by everybody. Nobody would have even bothered or raised an eyebrow.

But by turning it down, NOW he has made a news. That Nawaz idiot clearly lacks any maturity or common sense.

You read it as you wished to. The rebuttal has to be from the member regarding the assumption: Which stands here.. that many Indians.. including you.. are essentially Vitriolic about Pakistan and leave no opportunity to play up negatives.

Don't you ever again call me "essentially vitriolic about Pakistan" - you don't know me at all, and if you actually think that, then your observations leave a lot to be desired. Do not bunch me up with the others here, including yourself. As senior moderator, I expected better. Well, if wishes were horses...

It makes Nawaz Sharif look a bit petty, but it isn't that big of a deal. It's exactly the sought of thing the Indian media would have blown out of proportion if the shoe was on the other foot. Modi might have gone ahead and used a Pakistani car anyway, but the media would have given him hell for it. Unfortunately, it seems both our countries are prone to this kind of silliness.

Pakistani friends, please show some respect to your PM. If not for the person at least for the post he holds. He is representing your country in Nepal after all.

What a waste of money....poor Pakistanis paying for the luxury and pride of Jaggu Sharif.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom