What's new

Pakistan Rolling Out 50 Mbps Broadband Service

2 Mbps at 1499 wow you guys are lucky :woot:....For most indians the only true UL plans available is BSNL UL750 plan with 512kbps speed.We all had high hopes for 3G from BSNL but it stopped all UL plans for 3G recently.Broadband in india sucks big time:cry:.

hell which city are you in ? i have an airtell 2 mbps unlimited at my home with a 100 gb cap at 1600rs . in fact had good speeds for about 6 yrs now .

Whats the charges for this 50 mbps connection? I am assuming that they are offering this to common masses.Educational or financial organizations etc probably have high speed connection already.
That is correct - Education Instiutions buy links from Higher Education Commission or in many cases get free links from them.HEC has 10 GIGE link purely for education sector..and typically universities have 100~500 mbps networks..50MB is about Rs 20,000 which is not a lot considering that it has no cap so you can download pretty much 24/7.

speed of my connection is 4 Mbps.

it costs me 220 RS per month

download limit is 2.5GB

I just got BBG UL 3300 plan from BSNL.

2MBPS download speed up to 150 GB and 512 kbps after that.

It would cost me 3300 rupees per month.

Scan from 3 days ago ... I am getting 6 MB & i am paying for 4 MB .... :cheers:

75174413.jpg

some while ago when it appeared that i would run out of my net pack i found that my usage limit is full again.

it was a mistake by my net provider i think.

i didn't have to pay for it :enjoy:

Now its Ultimate
>PTCL offers a basic broadband service package with a 256kbps connection limited to 1GB of data for Rs. 299 ($3.50) a month.
>1 GB

Jesus Christ, how horrifying.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Me tooooooooooooooooo
My 4 Mbps PTCL connection and I'm paying Rs.1800 per month:
1470821896.png

^^^

To be fair, his source is 2011 whereas your's is 2009.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

1471196023.png

This is mine. 40 Euros a month. Not bad.

I had a 4mb connection for 2k. I ran out of things to download. So got the 2mb connection instead.

^^^

To be fair, his source is 2011 whereas your's is 2009.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

1471196023.png

This is mine. 40 Euros a month. Not bad.

His source is some guy who published his own stats about absolute number of users, not penetration....amd of you go to the penetration data by this sources, it's still several points higher in Pakistan than in India.

Asia Internet Facebook Usage and Population Statistics

My source is the World Bank.

World Bank, World Development Indicators - Google Public Data Explorer

And we are still in 2011, and the data for 2011 won't be compiled and available for a while....but I don't expect to change dramatically.

Back
Top Bottom