What's new

Pakistan removes third of its Army along Indian borders

Justin Joseph

Reaction score
Pakistan removes third of its Army along Indian borders

Military Intelligence assessment

MI.jpg

The five defensive holding Corps of the Pakistan Army against the entire Indian border are:

31 Corps (Bahawalpur) has 18 Brigades of which six are to guard the border. One Division headquarter and two brigades out of these are in FATA

30 Corps (Gujranwala) has four (14, 10, 54, 104) of out of its nine brigades employed in FATA.

10 Corps (Rawalpindi) has a total 17 brigades of which 13 brigades should be deployed at the border of which one Division and five (1, 7, 26, 28, 333) brigades are in FATA..

5 Corps (Karachi) has six out of its 10 brigades for the border of which one (105) is in FATA.

4 Corps (Lahore) has 17 brigades out of which eight should be at the border of which three (22, 105, 106) are in FATA.

Overall assessment:

1. Pakistan can best do if it has all its troops.
2. Considering the deficiency of troops, minimum time taken for a cohesive defence structure will take two-three days, thereby delaying mobilisation time due to the voids at the border.

MI further states in its presentation that Pakistan has taken steps to address these shortcomings, the most important being doctrinal changes like raising task forces. Other steps are raising reserve Division and Brigade headquarters to fill up the void in the forward tier, like the 165 brigade headquarter to be raised in the 18 infantry division.

Six out of 19 divisions and 26 out of 69 brigades are employed in internal security duties, making it around 35 percent of the Pakistan troops engaged in a CI role.

So the way this report is placing the dots, are we going to be blamed for any mishaps in india during the games because we are busy cleaning the mess some where else. And that also the mess of some one else's creating.
And also a good enough reason that why should our army be present at our borders in full strength, as we are fighting the WOT our good old neighbor is busy making strategies, on how they can screw us over.
Brilliant, and yet it is us who have to work on decreasing the trust deficit.

So the way this report is placing the dots, are we going to be blamed for any mishaps in india during the games because we are busy cleaning the mess some where else. And that also the mess of some one else's creating.
And also a good enough reason that why should our army be present at our borders in full strength, as we are fighting the WOT our good old neighbor is busy making strategies, on how they can screw us over.
Brilliant, and yet it is us who have to work on decreasing the trust deficit.

it is due to trust:smitten::smitten:

So you do admit that india is looking for an opening to mess over Pakistan by all means.
On a serious note, I will tell u a review like this coming out at such crucial times does nothing but harm the Armies confidence. And they will not be able to concentrate on the WOT the way they are suppose to.

Now if I was to speculate, one can even look at it from this point that the indian army is trying to put pressure on PA through these tactics as they want them to fail in the WOT, or may be to put pressure on them so that less and less of PA units can be send to fight the terrorists. And by doing this they are trying to save their stooges. (Just an assumption)

Brilliant, and yet it is us who have to work on decreasing the trust deficit

Well said. :tup: That was hillarious. I mean in the manner in which you presented the picture :rofl::rofl:

So you do admit that india is looking for an opening to mess over Pakistan by all means.
On a serious note, I will tell u a review like this coming out at such crucial times does nothing but harm the Armies confidence. And they will not be able to concentrate on the WOT the way they are suppose to.

Now if I was to speculate, one can even look at it from this point that the indian army is trying to put pressure on PA through these tactics as they want them to fail in the WOT, or may be to put pressure on them so that less and less of PA units can be send to fight the terrorists. And by doing this they are trying to save their stooges. (Just an assumption)

From my personal observation (Indian members please don't lynch me!!) , I always try to figure out why India places pressure on Pakistan to maintain the majority of PDF troops on the border. Everytime the USA insists that Pakistan sends more troops to the northern border, India does something (like releasing an intelligence report on how there now exists gaps in the PDF formation at the borders to Indian military advantage) to make Pakistan wonder whether they should not rush their troops back to the eastern border

From my personal observation (Indian members please don't lynch me!!) , I always try to figure out why India places pressure on Pakistan to maintain the majority of PDF troops on the border. Everytime the USA insists that Pakistan sends more troops to the northern border, India does something (like releasing an intelligence report on how there now exists gaps in the PDF formation at the borders to Indian military advantage) to make Pakistan wonder whether they should not rush their troops back to the eastern border

Thank you exactly the point that I was making.

Perhaps Pakistan has deployed some nukes hence moving some forces of border and deliberate leak nuke news so Indian's FORCES dare attack.

☪☪☪☪;933302 said:
Perhaps Pakistan has deployed some nukes hence moving some forces of border and deliberate leak nuke news so Indian's FORCES dare attack.

Paaji nukes
na ji!! No nukes.

Thats an assessment..... Wait for reply from PA. If they consider this news worth replying.

bulllsh*t news nuthing else more!

PAkistan Army not fool like journlist and media especially govt to remove military from border or decrese military ...

no offical military spokemen confirm this news..

stop posting BS!

Qoute my word "Indian and Pakistan might be become a good friend but INDIA AND PAKISTAN NEVER EVER!!"

Why should an Indian member lynch you....it is your observation...However why don't you fill in the dots and share what exactly you are thinking...thereafter someone more informed can correct/validate your understanding.....

B/W less the number of PA troops on our western border more the openings for us to take advantage in case any nuisance....so not sure how exactly it benefits IA to keep PA eye to eye....

There are certain differences between redeployment and removal/withdrawal under military terms. Do not confuse one with another. PA routinely redeploy troops in various sectors as per operational and strategic requirements. Do not expect any comment from PA on this issue either.

trust! don't think so it is happening due to trust. may be they have another intention bcoz common wealth games is very near.
however we can't say any thing till the oct.15. 2010.

Back
Top Bottom