What's new

Pakistan Remote Sensing Satellite System - PRSSS News & Update

Pakistan's lack of interest in space always amused me. Anyway break a leg guys!

This part is exactly what is being done right now.

(P.S. I dont agree with the rest of this post as this stuff is highly highly optimistic, as usual.)

What is exactly the payload capacity of Small Payload Launching Rockets and Medium Payload Launching Rockets ??

I think KRL, NESCOM and Suparco should be doing work on the launching platforms as well as Satellites too....

By the way what does P.S means?

Satellites are a bit too complex for us to design at this moment.

It means post script...something you write after a piece of writing.

What is exactly the payload capacity of Small Payload Launching Rockets and Medium Payload Launching Rockets ??

Those are quite broad terms, but I guess Pakistan's first SLV will be aimed at delivering a 500 kg payload to LEO.

Ecnec approves 3,511MW projects worth Rs1.3 trillion - thenews.com.pk

The ECNEC approved the project of Pakistan Remote Sensing Satellite (PRSS) located in Sindh and Punjab with the cost of Rs1,9695 million.

The project is part of the National Satellite Development Programme for space technology and its application will be in Pakistan, institutional capacity building of Suparco and relevant organisations. The project will carry optical pay load that will produce high resolution earth images with stereo capabilities. The image quality produced by PRSS would be in accordance with the defined international standards.

Pakistan Remote Sensing Satellite (PRSS-1)

Towards late 1990s, SUPARCO planned an Earth Observation Satellite System (EOSS), which by 2006/7 was reconfigured and renamed as Remote Sensing Satellite System (RSSS), comprising of two remote sensing satellites, one carrying an electro-optical payload and the other a Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR).

The PRSS-1 project is currently under the process of approval from the Government of Pakistan. The planned satellite will carry a high-resolution electro-optical payload with designed service life of 05 years. The satellite is envisaged to be designed, developed and launched in a low Earth orbit by 2015/16, through cooperation/ collaboration with reputed international satellite manufacturers.
Pakistan Remote Sensing Satellite (PRSS-1)

@Karl @SUPARCO @Arsalan

Any update on PRSS-1? - SUPARCO's website is down.

According to SUPARCO's Chairman Dr Ahmad Bilal, PRSS-1 will be launched around end of 2016 or beginning of 2017 along with 2 other satellites designed by SUPARCO. From 2017 onwards, Pakistan should have a minimum of at least 2 satellites in space at any one time.

Watch the interview from 43:02.

SUPARCO should be given its right place when it comes to funding as in future they will be very helpful in assisting civilian and military projects.

Pakistan should welcome investment from all of the Muslim countries and especially from Middle East to form a Global Position System having 30 Fixed Satellites also Communication Global System which would also be consisting of 30 Satellites with Stations all over the world.

@Karl @SUPARCO @Arsalan

Any update on PRSS-1? - SUPARCO's website is down.
The delay is financial as far as i have known, Government is putting electricity situation, economic development, and other spending on priority so the satellite will have to wait. Something similar to the Submarines and fighter jet procurements.
The dilemma is they are putting under passes and over head bridges metro buses even higher then electricity and other issues in there priority list :P
Also there might well be a military operation looming on the horizon against the Taliban after not so fruitful peace negotiations and that will also be a big spending, and bet you, Saudia is not going to sponsor any operation against Taliban :)

As far as i have come to know, the planned launch of 2014 is delayed to somewhere around 2016

According to SUPARCO's Chairman Dr Ahmad Bilal, PRSS-1 will be launched around end of 2016 or beginning of 2017 along with 2 other satellites designed by SUPARCO. From 2017 onwards, Pakistan should have a minimum of at least 2 satellites in space at any one time.

Watch the interview from 43:02.

Not from foreign soil ... please... :fie:

What are the specifications of PRSS-1? 2.5m resolution mentioned else where is for both colour and monochromatic?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom